Ten

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ǁ T - TEN ǁ

 

"You are really expert at cooking, Yul."

 

Yuri stared at a girl who was sitting comfortably beside him. Sica stared back at him with a very bright smiled. "Thank you." said Yuri.

 

"I am full." said Sica. She patted her belly with a soft motion and felt so complacent with it.

 

They both had just finished their dinner and were sitting on the couch and looked out the window. Sica was the one who forced him to shift the sofa in front of the window so they could sat and ate while watching Seine River below.

 

"You've got a nice apartement." praised Sica while stood up and walked around the room.

 

He nodded. "Rented by my company."

 

"Who is she...? A woman in this picture, Yul."

 

He tilted his head and saw sica already stood up near the television and looked carefully at a photo of a woman on the top of his television. When did he put that photo over there? He didn't remember it. He got up and approached that girl.

 

"Such a beauty." she mumbled while observing a woman with a long black hair in a photo.

 

Yuri's throat choked. He smiled weakly and said. "Of course. That beautiful woman in this photo is my mother. But, she left me behind. Alone. In such a cruel world."

 

"What do you mean,Yul? Is she..."

 

"Yes. She already passed away."

 

"Oh?" Sica raised her face and stared at Yuri. "If you don't mind. When...?"

 

Slowly, Yuri took his mother's photo away from Sica's hands and watched it with an absurb feeling. His chest began to hurt again. Remembering that day. The day when his mother passed away.

 

"Last year, when autumn began to fall." he said softly. "Cancer."

 

"Oh...?" mumbled the girl with a shocked feeling. "I am sorry."

 

"It's okay." said him while put it back on the top of the television. Then he smiled. "That's why I hate autumn so much."

 

Sica replied the smile.

 

Yuri felt his chest wasn't hurt anymore just like before. He was getting a lot better. Why her smile could make his heart fluttered with a sudden? Yuri decided to tell everything toward that girl, so he could looked forward with much of relief, hoping his burdens wasn't as heavy as now.

 

"Remember about what I've said to you that I was looking for someone?" asked him after they sat back at the tender sofa and looked out the window.

 

Sica looked toward him and waited for that guy to continue his story. Yuri breath in and stared at Sica. "I've been looking for my mother's first love."

 

Sica frowne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter