Twenty Three

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ T - TWENTY THREE ǁ

 

 

Throughout the day, Yuri immersed himself in a work, did not let him rest, because when he stopped for a moment, his mind would drift back to that nightmare. He continued to keep busy without interruption, until his phone rang. He looked at the name that appeared on the display and with a sudden his chest was in terrible pain.

 

Sica-chu.

 

He hesitated. Was he going to answer it or not. Finally he decided to let the phone keep ringing. After a while, it stopped ringing. Yuri sighed and was about to continue his work when his phone rang again.

 

Yuri didn't have a heart to ignore her any longer. Finally he made up his mind and answered the call. "Allo?" His voice was cold in his own ears.

 

"Yuri, why weren't you picked up my call?" A cheerful voice could be heard on the other line. The sound that he missed so much, The sound that made him felt shortness of breath. And the sound that made his chest felt so heavy.

 

Because he couldn't answer that question, Yuri just vaguely muttered and countered. "Why?"

 

"Can you go out with me? Tonight?"

 

Yuri lowered his head. "I can't."

 

"Can't?" The tone of her voice became disappointed.

 

"I'm sorry. Lots of work to do today." Yuri lied. Although he felt that a lie never made him feel better. Moreover, he had to lie to Jessica.

 

"We met after your work is completed." She insisted. She would not relent. "It's okay. I'll wait for you."

 

"Sica-chan, next time ...."

 

"No." Sica cut him off stubbornly. "Must be today."

 

Yuri did not answer. He felt his confidence began to waver.

 

"But, Sica-chan, I really do not know when my work will be completed."

 

"It's okay. I'll wait." She said firmly. "Just come when you're done. Anytime. I'll wait for you."

 


♦♦♦

 

Sica glanced at her watch that wrapped around her left wrist. 19:15 pm. Yuri has not been seen anywhere else. Sica arrived at the bistro itself, a half an hour earlier. A birthday cake that she bought before, had been entrusted to the waiter . Once Yuri came, she will give a sign to the waiter to take out the cake. This would be a surprise for Yuri.

 

As soon as she heard that today is Yuri's birthday from Taeng, she immediately made a plan. She went to buy a cake and gift. She was a bit difficult to find a suitable gift for Yuri, but finally she found something that would fit him well.

 

Lately, Yuri indeed be a little weird, but it's probably because of exhaustion. That guy was not even agreed to go out. That's all right. Sica did not like to wait, because she thought that waiting is the most boring things to do in the world. But for Yuri's birthday, she was willing to do it. After all she had promised to wait, until he made it.

 


♦♦♦

 

Sica glanced at her watch again. Almost 20.00 pm. She looked around. The Bistro was bustling. Every day the bistro is always packed with visitors because its comfortable and pleasant atmosphere. The food that served in here is also very delicious. The visitors eat together with their lovers, friends or family. Sica just sat there alone. Suddenly she felt so lonely. If only Yuri could quickly come...

 

♦♦♦

 

21:28 pm. Sica glanced at the entrance of the bistro. Still didn't see Yuri presence. Sica took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. She pulled out her phone and looked at it.

 

No. She wouldn't call Yuri. Besides, she already said that she will be waited for him. If she called him now, it would be seemed ridiculous. She tossed her phone onto the table and bit her lower lip, frowning uncertainly.

 

♦♦♦

 

22:02 pm. The Bistro has begun to slack and all of the waiters had cleaned out the table. Sica sighed and tapped her phone which currently lying on the table with the tip of her index finger.

 

"Please come here." She muttered softly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter