Twenty

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ T - TWENTY ǁ

 


"Thank god, Amber has been allowed to go home this afternoon." Krystal said while holding on her chest and sighed with relief.

 

Sica who walked beside her, laughed. "No need to worry, Krys. Your boyfriend just did an ordinary appendectomy surgery."



Sica recently accompanied Krystal to handle Amber's paperwork before discharge from the hospital. Now they're walking back to the room where Krystal's boyfriend was treated.



"But I still worry for his surgery." Krystal said. "You would too, if Yuri who underwent this appendectomy surgery."



Sica faintly smiled and shrugged. Maybe.



Krystal looked at her with probing. "Why? What's wrong with Yuri?"



Sica sighed and shook her head. "He is fine." She said. "It's just he seemed rather quiet lately."



"Hmm?"



"He rarely speak these days." Sica tried to explain. "He is been busy to handle his project so we didn't have any chance to meet each other, just speak in a phone, but it also didn't take a long time. Hmm, maybe I'm just worried about him."



"Maybe." Krystal replied. "Have you ask him? Maybe he has a problem or something else."



"No. He never say anything. I also have not ask him yet." Jessica said.



"By the way, thank you for coming, Jess." Krystal said when they had reached the front door of Amber's room.



"No problem." Sica lightly said. "I've been known Amber for a long time and barely see him lying in a bed helplessly. Usually he always move, couldn't be stopped. This little change would be good for him."



"Where's the good part?" Krystal snorted. "For the entire day, what he did was grumbling because they have not allowed him to roaming around."



Sica laughed and managed to say. "Krystal, you go inside first. I have to go to the toilet."



Krystal waved and entered the room, while Sica continued to walk down throught the corridor to the toilet.



Just when she was about to turn-out, headed the ladies rest room, her step was stopped. Her eyes glued to the back of a men who currently walked away from the nurse desk not far from there. She blinked her eyes.



"Papa?" Sica said to herself as she hastily turned around and jogged after her father who would walk away from it.



"Papa!" Jessica exclaimed when she felt the distance was close enough so her father could hear it.



Her father turned around and was it Sica or her father seem startled to see her presence?



"Ma cherie?" Her father muttered after Sica stood up right in front of him. "What are you doing here?"



Jessica broadly smiled, although deep inside her hear felt rather shocked to see her father was looking around nervously.



"Krystal's boyfriend, Amber is currently treated in this hospital. An appendectomy surgery. I'm here to visit him." Sica answered. "How about you, Papa?"



"Hm?"



"What are you doing here, Papa?" She repeated.



Her father didn't respond it and Jessica immediately felt anxious. "Papa, are you sick?" She asked worriedly.



Her father shook his head. "No. I am not. Papa just visiting one of my friend."



Jessica raised her eyebrows. "Alright then, but who?"



"Eh, you don't know him." Her father evasived, then changed the subject. "How is Amber? Is he okay?"



Sica nodded. "Yup. This afternoon, he is be able to discharge from here."



Her father nodded without any attention on her. "Alright then." He quickly said. "Papa had to go back to the office. You're still going to stay in here?"



"Mm." Sica said. She was surprised to see her father's in a hurry, so contrary to his usual calm demeanor. Was his friend's disease made him anxious?

 

"Papa'd go home first. See you later, ma cherie."



After watching his father who walked out of the hospital, she back to her way, headed to the toilet as she kept thinking about her father.



Jessica was out of the toilet and walked back into Amber's room. When she passed the large glass windows that overlooking the side yard of the hospital, once again her footsteps stopped. She turned around, put both of her hands on a glass and looked out. Her eyes were glued to the guy who sat alone at a long wooden bench in the small park of the hospital.



Oh...Yuri? Soon he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter