Twenty Two

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ T - TWENTY TWO ǁ

 

 

"Allo!”



Taeng looked up from a bunch of papers that scattered on his table and saw Jessica peered from the slightly opened of his office door.



"Jessi!" He exclaimed happily. "It's been a while for you to come to my office. Come on, get in."



Jessica approached Taeng with a broad smile. "How are you, Tae?"



Taeng got up and hugged her. "I was tired as hell before, but once I saw you, amazingly my spirits shot up to the highest level." He said.



Jessica snorted and laughed. "Keep your lure for another girl, Tae."



Taeng back to his chair. "Why suddenly come in here?"



Jessica looked around. Taeng's office has the same fate with her apartment. So messed up. "Actually, I am here for Yuri." Jessica lightly said.



Taeng directly closed his eyes and plastered a fake hurt expression on his face. "Oh, my pride! I thought you came to see me."



She hit Taeng's shoulders playfully. "Yeah, because I can't meet him, then I come here to see you. Tae, do you know where is he?"



Taeng shrugged. "I don't know. Perhaps visiting the project site." He paused for a moment, then added. "Lately he's a bit weird, you know. Worked all day long without stopping. Once he stopped, he was just daydreaming. But after that he was busy again."



Jessica blinked. She wasn't wrong. Yuri seem a bit weird lately. Apparently, Taeng realized it too.



"Do you know what's wrong with him?" Taeng asked.



Jessica shook her head. She wished that Taeng could give her an explanation for the question. "I ever asked him, but he said he was just tired of working." Jessica said, potluck.

 

She stared with a narrowed eyes to her best friend. "That's all your fault." She grumbled. "Why did you let him work continuously without stopping?"



Taeng raised his hands in surrender. "Well, it's not my fault. It wasn't me who forced him to work it out. He is the one who wants to do it by himself." Taeng tilted his head. "There must be something that bothering his mind, so he had to work on the rebound. That's my theory."



Jessica sighed. "Is that so?"



Taeng shrugged, then asked. "By the way, why are you looking for him?"



Jessica followed to shrug because she felt that her reason is too simple. "Just want to take him for lunch."



Taeng could see the disappointment in her face. Her feelings were easy to guess. Jessica Jung could not cover up her true feelings.



"Because Yuri isn't here, what about have a lunch with me?" Taeng offered.



Jessica raised her eyebrows. "You're not busy?"



Taeng looked at the pile of paper and folders on the desk, then shook his head with confidence. "Because you really need a friend, I could spare a little time." He joked.



"You do not have an appointment with your new girlfriend?" She inquired.



"Huh?"



"The girl that you bring at Krystal's birthday party that time in La Vue?" Jessica urged. "Jiyong or Jiyung maybe Jinwoon or ...whatever."



"Jiyeon. I don't think she is mind at all. Besides, she's been busy with her own stuffs so, yeah."



"Oh..."



"Well, what do you want to eat, Jess? How about we order our foods and asked to be taken here. You do not mind, right? If we eat here?"



"Alright." She said while fixing her seat to make it more comfortable. "And Tae, I want kimbab and kimchi fried rice for my lunch today!"



"That bistro is far from here, ma cherie." Taeng sighed.



Jessica shrugged. "Then where are you going to eat?"



Taeng had just picked up the telephone to call out his favorite French restaurant when he remembered something. He looked at Sica and asked. "By the way, do you know that today is Yuri's birthday?"

 

♦♦♦


Yuri stopped his footsteps when he passed through the front door of Taeng's room. From the crack of the door, he saw Taeng was sitting in his chair, laughing. Kim Taeng was not the one who made his steps to stop, but the girl who currently sitting in front of him. Jessica Jung was telling something happily to him. Her right hand holding a fork, moving it exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter