Twenty Four

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ T - TWENTY FOUR ǁ

 

 

"Weird!" Sica murmured, looking at her phone.

 

"Why?" Asked Krystal without taking her gaze away from her laptop screen.

 

Sica frowned and chewed her lips. "His phone is off."

 

"Whose phone?"

 

"Yuri."

 

This time Krystal glanced at Sica, then looked back at the laptop screen. "Maybe he is been busy and could not answer your call."

 

Sica leaned her elbow on the table and tilt her head. "Just now, Taeyeon says that Yuri went to the project site. I think you're right, Krys. Maybe he is been busy with his own project."

 

"Mm. Like I said." Krystal nodded, not too concerned about her bestfriend's boyfriend who did not want to answer her call. She thought that it was just a common problem.

 

"You know..." Sica started, but hesitated for a moment.

 

"What?"

 

Sica frowned again. "You always say that this is just my imagination, but I really feel that he changed."

 

Krystal looked at her bestfriend briefly, then shut down the laptop so she could be focused on Sica. "Tell me, how did he change?" She asked.

 

Sica shrugged. "He became quite these days." Sica said slowly. "Always daydreaming. Seems like he has a serious problem, but he would not tell me. If I aksed him, he always says that he is just tired."

 

"Since when do you think he changed?"

 

"Hmm ... He is still the same at your birthday party." She replied thoughtfully, then she remembered something. "Ah, my father is also weird."

 

Krystal's eyebrows shot up. Why suddenly this conversation so switching to her father?

 

"What happen with your father?" She asked.

 

"My father ever asked me about Yuri."

 

"Then?"

 

"He never interfered my personal problems."

 

"Maybe your father can feel that you love Yuri."

 

Sica silent for a moment. "I don't know." She said. "But he did ask me. And I said that I love him."

 

"How did he react?"

 

"Uneasy. Worried. Looks like he's not happy."

 

They both did not say anything. Busy with each other thoughts. Then Sica shook her head. "Absolutely not. I am so curious. I have to ask my father. He must tell me what's running on his mind, now."

 

♦♦♦

 

Sica arrived at her father's company. After greeting the receptionist that already known her, she immediately stepped into the elevator. The secretary room was empty because it was a lunchtime. So, Sica directly went into her father's room. Without knocking, she opened the door. Just when she was about to enter and opened to say hello, she heard her father's voice echoed through the room.

 

"Have you told her?"

 

Sica peeped to the room that wasn't so huge but it was neat. Her father leaning his back into the leather patented chair. His back faced the door, and he was on the phone.

 

"I know this is not an easy thing." Her father said again. His voice was low and heavy. "But, you know we have to tell her sooner or later."

 

Sica blinked. Told what? To whom?

 

"Yuri."

 

Hearing her father mentioning Yuri's name, Sica immediately froze and held her breath. Is her father was talking to Yuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter