A Shattered Heart

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  ǁ TWENTY - FIVE ǁ

 

A - A Shattered Heart

 

“Some say a broken heart is like a shattered vase, fragile pieces scattered all over the place. The shattered pieces of broken glass seem to go everywhere, unlike the pieces of a broken heart that seem to pierce your soul.” - Christi Ybarra

 

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

Hearing the familiar high-pitch voice, Taeng abruptly looked up then stood up from a chair. Jessica swiftly approached him with a worried look; a pair of her pretty eyes seemed so panicking and slightly teary.

 

“How is he, Tae?” Jessica asked panicky, panting.

 

Taeng held both of her shoulders and tried hard to calm her down. “Don’t worry, Jess. The Doctor is examining him right now."

 

“What happened?” Jessica weakly whispered. Her whole body was trembling; her soft grey eyes were twinkling with a deep anguish and sadness.

 

“Sit down, first.” Taeng said, leading Jessica toward one of those chairs in the hospital.

 

“Yuri struck down by the log.” He softly said. After Hearing Taeng’s explanation, she couldn’t feel her heart beat for a moment; her head felt so heavy, and now she was practically couldn’t breathe. Seeing the pain within those eyes, Taeng continued. “But he is okay, now. Don’t be panicked first, okay? Doctor said that his hand had been fractured, but not too severe. His head injuries can also be sewn without any problems along with minor injuries on his back.”

 

Within a second, Jessica stood up from her seat and said. “Can I see him now? Please, Tae.” she pleaded.

 

Taeng held her arms gently, asking her back to her seat. “Like I said, Jess, doctor is checking him up right now. Be patient, okay? He is fine.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jessica worriedly encountered. He just nodded. And at that time, Taeng barely noticed Jean-Daniel Hanney’s presence. He stood up and greeted that man.

 

“You are here, Monsieur.” Taeng said, smiling toward Jean-Daniel.

 

The latter just gloomily nodded. “Claire fortuitously with me when you called.”

 

Taeng nodded.

 

“Which doctor who examining him inside?” Jean-Daniel Hanney asked, full of hopes.

 

“Doctor Siwon, Choi, Monsieur.” Taeng shortly answered.

 

Jean-Daniel Hanney nodded. “He is my best friend. He is a capable doctor.” He softly patted his daughter’s back to sooth her up. “Don’t worry, ma Cherie.”

 

Soon, a doctor and two nurses came out form the ward. Jessica directly dashed toward the white-haired doctor.

 

“Doctor Choi, how is he?” Jessica hastily asked.

 

Doctor Siwon, Choi fixed his glasses then looked up to the girl that he known for long. “Jessi?”

 

“How is he, Choi?” A firm, familiar voice suddenly butts in.

 

The doctor diverted his gaze toward that voice. “Jean-Daniel? Both of you know this patient?” Jessica quickly nodded.

 

Doctor Siwon, Choi smiled, reassuring. “He is fine. Thank god because the log didn’t hit him on a vital organ. He only suffered a mild concussion and his wound has been bandaged.”

 

“Can I see him now?” Jessica asked.

 

“Of course.” The doctor lightly answered. “However, he is still in his unconscious state. Let him rest for awhile.”

 

Without a word, Jessica groggily entered the ward where Yuri was treated. Before she entered the room, she heard Doctor Siwon, Choi asking her father a question. “Have you called his family, Jean-Daniel?”

 

♦♦♦

 

Kwon Yuri unconsciously lied down on a tender bed with his left hand and head were securely bandaged. Jessica stood on the edge of his bed, didn’t want to wake him up. Yuri looked fine. He was regularly breathing and there was not any terrible injuries marked on his face and body.

 

“Pabo!” Jessica softly murmured toward the sleeping guy. “Why did you get hurt?”

 

The latter remained silent with his eyes closed.

 

“Where did you put your eyes? Why so reckless? What do you think you are doing? Do you think this is funny?” Jessica muttered again; pain, anger, fear and sadness mixed within her cracking voice. “Once again you do that again, I will…I will…”

 

“Why are you bristling over a sick person?” Taeng softly interrupted.

 

Jessica took a look at Yuri who lied down on a bed peacefully. His chest was heaving up and down along with his normal breath. He looked so calm and piece. Jessica was so relieved.

 

“Is it okay if Yuri is still in his unconscious state?” Jessica asked, her eyes never left Yuri for once.

 

Taeng knew that Jessica was talking to him. He shrugged it off even thought Jessica didn’t see it, and then replied. “I don’t know. But I guess its okay. Doctor Choi also said that Yuri should take a rest.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“He absolutely needs a rest. You know exactly that he worked relentlessly and only slept for a few hours for days.” Taeng continued. “So let him be.”

 

Jessica sighed and nodded. “You are right, Tae.” She said. “Thank god he wasn’t seriously injured.” She touched his left hand which had been bandaged.

 

“I don’t know what was on his mind that day.” Taeng quietly muttered.

 

Jessica turned to face him. “What did you say, Tae?” She frowned, confused; obviously didn’t get in what he had just said.

 

Taeng clicked his tongue regretfully. He swung his hand to touch Yuri’s slender arm and squeezed it tenderly. “I don’t know what was on his mind that day.” Taeyeon repeated. “He just stood there, didn’t even bother to move an inch yet he looked like he was daydreaming. Even though we already warned him, screaming and yelling but he didn’t even listen to us.”

 

Jessica looked back at Yuri. She recalled the incident in her father’s office before she received a call from Taeng. Was this accident having something to do between her father and Yuri? What were they talking about? Too many questions that popped into her mind. She had to speak to her father right now. Must be.

 

“Tae, you are still here, right?” Jessica asked.

 

Taeng nodded. “Of course. Where are you going?”

 

“I’ll go find my father and Doctor Choi.” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter