Nineteen

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 ǁ N - NINETEEN ǁ

 

 

Yuri could not sleep for the entire night. He just sat quietly on the edge of the window of his apartment and looked at the Seine River below. It was already 02:24 o'clock in the morning and he was not sleepy at all. Once, he went home from La Vue two hours ago, he tried so hard to sleep because his head was in pain. But after half an hour to fall asleep and struggling in vain, he gave up and got up from his bed.



He knew he had to think, but he did not want to think. Head in pain, dizziness, and ached. Too much things that passing in his mind until he no longer knew what to think. The more thought, he was more depressed.



There must be a mistake. No way, he and Sica have the same father. There must be something wrong ...



Yuri heavily breath in, then exhaled slowly. His chest ached. Breathing apparently could be this painful.



Why should Jean-Daniel Hanney ...? Why Sica's father ...? Maybe he is not  a son of Jean-Daniel Hanney .... Maybe her mother was wrong .... His biological father is not Jean-Daniel Hanney .... No! ... For God's sake! He fully hoped that Jean-Daniel Haney is not his biological father.



What should I do right now?



He continued to sit quietly on the edge of the window, all night long, without moving, and almost without breathing, until the sky changed its color from black to blue, then navy blue. Yuri realized it that the sun already rises and he did not sleep all night.



Not an easy way to force him to move, but he knew he had to go to the office. Yuri moved slowly and stiffly, like a robot that was outdated. He washed and dressed with a listless. He actually intended to have a breakfast, but he was not lust.



He was about to come out of his apartment when his cellphone rang. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and glanced at the phone screen. That person.

 

"Hello." Yuri said when his phone attached to the ear. He almost did not recognize his own voice. His voice sounded so strange and far away.



"Yuri." Jean-Daniel Hanney said over the line.



"Yes, Monsieur." Yuri flatly answered.



"I think we should talk." Jean-Daniel Hanney said, again. "About what just happened last night."



Yuri heavily sighed . Breathing was still painful. "Yes. Monsieur."



"Can we meet this afternoon?"



Yuri was silent. Sooner or later he had to face it. Yuri should resolve this problem.



"No problem." Yuri finally said. "Tell me where and when. I will come."

 

♦♦♦

 

"Friend, you look so mess up today." Taeng said as he entered into Yuri's room that afternoon.



Yuri turned and faintly smiled.



"Got a headache because you were drunk yesterday?" Taeng teased.



Yuri shook his head. "You are the one who get drunk, Tae." He replayed slowly. But Taeng's condition looked much better than he is today.



Taeng laughed. "Yes. I think so. This morning my head still hurts like being hit by a hammer. But why do you look so wrinkled, Yul?"

 

"Lack of sleep." Yuri shortly said. He turned away and looked out the window.

 

Taeng felt so strange because his friend turned quiet lately. "Want to have a lunch with me?" He offered.

 

Yuri turned and glanced at his watch. He got up and grabbed his jacket. He smiled apologetically at Taeng. "Sorry, Tae. I have an appointment with someone else. Next time, I promise."



"With Jessi?" Taeng teased, trying to hide his confusion over Yuri's attitude.



Taeng surprised to see Yuri's movement suddenly stopped. "No, not her." Yuri flatly said. He turned to Taeng. "See you later."



Taeng frowned after Yuri disappeared behind the door. What happened with Yuri? What made him so moody today? Jessica?
Were not they perfectly fine by yesterday? Could they be fighting?



Ah, so confusing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter