Fourteen

The Endless Love Tetralogy: Autumn in Paris
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ǁ F - FOURTEEN ǁ

 

Finally, Yuri faced him.



Jean-Daniel Lemercier who currently sat in front of him was a man in his fifties. He was handsome, tall, had a brunette hair colored. His eyes were shining brightly. His appearance was neat and well groomed.



"So, Tae Hee has passed away?" The older man muttered while sipping his coffee slowly. His eyes and his voice contained a remorse.



Yuri just nodded without said anything.

 

They both are in a fancy restaurant in a five-star hotel. They agreed to meet there at lunch time. When Yuri got there, Jean-Daniel Lemercier had arrived first and waited for him. The man was immediately asked about his mother and Yuri said his mother had already passed away.



"When...?" Jean-Daniel Lemercier asked without looking at him. Seems like he was somewhat shaken by the news.



Yuri flatly answered. "A year ago."



The man sitting across from him nodded gravely, and asked again. "She wasn't surrender, right?"



Yuri was silent for a second, then answered. "No."



For a moment no one was spoke. It didn't last any longer when Jean-Daniel Lemercier decided to broke the silence. "I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do for you?"

 

Yuri took out a letter from the pocket in his jacket and put it on the table, in front of him. He immediately withdrew his hand as he realized it was trembling. Jean-Daniel Lemercier looked at the proffered letter and then at Yuri.

 

"What is this?" He asked with a puzzled look.



"This is a letter written by my mother before she passed away." Yuri answered. He raised his face and looked at Jean-Daniel Lemercier who had held the letter.



"But, this letter is directed to you." The man said when he saw Yuri's name written on the envelope.



Yuri nodded. "That's right. But, I want you to read it, Monsieur. She also wanted you to read it that's why she wrote it in France."

 

Jean-Daniel Lemercier nodded and started to read. Then his face changed and his eyebrows furrowed. He looked at Yuri with a questioning look.

 

Yuri felt something that clogged in his throat. He was getting nervous. His palms were damp. This was what he had always afraid of. This time. When the secrets began to come out. He even prepared with a variety of reactions to be received.



"My mother neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter