Red Tea, Set, Oh My!

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: BoA - My Sweetie

 

"One walnut milk tea with pudding for Yeeun-ssi!"

 

It was your second day of work and so far things are going really well. The sky outside was a nice shade of blue and almost no cloud was in sight. And even though the sun was shining brightly, you just welcomed the heat it gives off because it meant that more people would be thirsty and would therefore have thoughts of buying bubble tea.

 

Overall, you just had a feeling that today was going to be a really good day.

 

You were arranging the plastic cups according to their respective sizes when you heard the creaking sound of the door. Ooh, another customer! Putting your current task aside, you turned to face the person who just entered Ahjumeonie's beloved Happy Bubble Tea Shop: 

 

It was a boy. 

 

Honestly, I really thought girls loved bubble tea more than boys did.

 

He had a black baseball cap on and his head was bowed down so you couldn't see his face clearly. One thing is for sure, though. He looked a bit... lost.

 

Remembering that you have a job to do, you tried putting on your brightest smile and in your perkiest voice, you greeted: 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Happy Bubble! May I take your order, please?"

 

The boy just continued walking towards you. He then pulled off a pair of purple earphones from his ears and placed his black iPod classic on top of the store counter.

 

Oh, he probably didn't hear me. You repeated your template customer greeting. Only this time, you tried to sound friendlier and more upbeat in attempt to cheer him up a bit.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome to Happy Bubble! May I take your order, please?"

 

To your surprise, the boy suddenly smiled, exposing a little dimple on his right cheek. So cute!!! 

 

"I actually heard you the first time," he confessed.

 

Aigoo~ so embarrassing! "Oh..." You bit your lip and lowered your head.

 

When you decided to look up again, you saw him take off his baseball cap and fix his black hair. The way he was touching his hair reminded you of Choikang Changmin's 45-degree hair drying pose that Micky Yoochun was so envious about. And although his long bangs were partially covering his face, you can still see his kind-looking eyes very clearly.

 

 

As if remembering why he was in Happy Bubble in the first place, he suddenly stood straighter and looked more alert. "Oh, right. My order..."

 

"Uhm... I'll have a..." He was scratching his nape with his index finger while he was contemplating which drink to order. "... hazelnut tea latte,"

 

You started jotting down his order on that little Happy Bubble notepad you found earlier.  

 

Hazelnut tea latte...

 

Apparently, Ahjumeonie has a thing for customizing stuff and printing every single item with the store logo. Even the pen you were holding right now had a Happy Bubble sticker on it!

 

"Sinkers, sir?"

 

He looked deep in thought again. Like he has a lot on his mind. Things that did not concern sugar levels or sinkers. "Uhm... pearls... and crystals," he decided.

 

"Anything else, Sir?"

 

He smiled timidly again. And yes, his cute dimple made another appearance as well. "Ah, no. That's all..."

 

You mentally calculated the amount he owes you. 5000 per cup plus an additional thousand for the extra crystals... "That would be 6,000 won, Sir," you revealed.

 

Putting both hands on either pocket, he searched for his wallet. No luck. *Now... where did I put it?* He then placed both hands on his buttocks and searched his backpockets. Still no luck.

 

He looked at you again. "Oh, sorry... just ah..." Pointing his index finger up, he continued, "Just give me a minute..." *Where could it be?*

 

The boy with the cute dimple then took his MCM bag off his back and placed it on the store counter. Ooh~ a Stark Visetos MCM backpack... in Cognac. Man, that thing costs more than a hundred thousand won... 

 

 

"Ah, wait. Is it okay if I..."

 

Oh, he was going to look for his wallet in his bag.

 

"Ah, no, no. Don't worry, Sir. Just put it here," you assured.

 

He gave you another tiny smile and said, "Thank you,"

 

He's really polite... oh and that dimple...

 

One by one, he started taking out items from his bag and began laying them down on the counter. He sure got a lot of stuff in there... You noticed him take out a leopard-print facemask, a small notebook, a lensless glass frame, a black shirt, a quire of crumpled music sheet, a grey beanie, an unfamiliar CD, a little white towel, a mini first aid kit, a guitar pick, a dark red passport, a white singlet... and even a box of almond chocolate Pepero.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter