K to the Ice to the S to the S

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: f(x) - Chu~♥

 

Hangang Park is a general term that is used to refer to any of the twelve recreational spaces scattered along the shores of the Han River. It could be the one in Banpo, Gangseo, Gwangnaru, Ichon, Jamsil, Jamwon, Mangwon, Nanji, Seonyudo, Ttukseom, Yanghwa, or Yeouido. The Hangang Park that was chosen by the boys for today's outing was the one in Mangwon-dong and by simply looking at the park map handed to you by Zitao, you easily figured out why they insisted on coming to this particular one.

 

"A basketball court beside a football field," Minseok announced, pointing both hands to the adjacent playing areas. "What more can you ask for, eh?"

 

 

credit to VisitKorea and zmaster4

 

"A place where I can sleep?" you responded, earning you a couple of 'Boo!' chants and 'Boring!' comments from the boys.

 

"Oh, give her a break," Jongin suggested, putting an arm around your shoulder. "Jaemi woke up really early just so we could have something to eat for lunch. See that picnic basket over there?" he asked, pointing to the huge wicker basket you made him carry earlier. "She prepared everything that's in there all by herself,"

 

Chanyeol softly nudged your best friend with his elbow. "Hey, Jung Jihye! Why didn't you help Jaemi cook?" he said.

 

"Are you sure you wanted me to help prepare the food?" Jihye asked, and after recalling how Jihye herself admitted how horrible she was in the kitchen, Chanyeol realized that it was probably best to leave all the cooking to you. "Besides, I did contribute something very important for today," Jihye bragged.

 

"And what is that exactly?" Kyungsoo asked, folding his arms across his chest.

 

Jihye took out the snowflake-embellished notepad from her bag. "A list," she replied.

 

"That's it?!? You prepared a list?!?" Joonmyun blurted, obviously wondering why your best friend thinks a handwritten list share the same significance as a home-cooked meal. 

 

"Hey! This is not just any list! It is a schedule of the music fountain show in Banpo Bridge," she explained, showing off the timetable for the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain show. "See, the first show starts at exactly 12:00 noon, then two more will follow around 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM, but since the fountain colors look so much better at night, we should just watch either the 6:00 PM or the 7:00 PM show," 

 

"Aren't there any shows scheduled around 8:00 PM or so?" Yixing asked.

 

Taking a peek at Jihye's list, Moonkyu answered his hyung's question instead. "Well, yeah, there's one at 8:00 PM, another one at 9:00 PM, and the last one's at around 10:00 PM, but since today's officially the last day of summer, we have to rule those out," he said. "Some of us need to get ready for school early tomorrow, hyung,"

 

"Yeah, I think I have to be home by nine," you sighed.

 

 

Due to their differing preferences when it comes to sports, the boys split into two teams: Team Basketball and Team Football. Yixing, who apparently wasn't in the mood to play, decided to just sit with you and Jihye today.

 

"Okay, so how are we going to split the teams?" Chanyeol asked, fixing his black hair before putting the Hundreds Chopped Adam cap back on his head.

 

Sehun pointed to Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Zitao, and himself. "The four of uth againtht Kev hyung," he suggested.

 

"Seems fair to me," Kyungsoo commented. 

 

"It's four people versus one! How is that considered fair?!?" Kevin whined.

 

Despite the fact that Kevin complained in Korean, Zitao somehow got the gist of what he said, so he scooted closer to his gēgē to gently pat his back. "But you're so good at playing basketball, gē," he reasoned in Mandarin. "Even against the four of us, there's a really high possibility that you're still going to win,"

 

Even though he was flattered that his friends think highly of his basketball skills, Kevin still insisted on getting at least one more teammate. After a minute of discussion, the four other boys decided to let Kyungsoo join Kevin's team since he was the weakest player of the group.

 

"Prepare to lose, you... LOSERS!" Kyungsoo trash-talked.

 

Although they seem to be playing an ordinary game of basketball from afar, the members of Team Basketball were doing so much more than passing the ball and shooting some hoops. Today may be their off-day from practicing, but the boys still managed to squeeze in a little training by coming up with this additional rule for the game: whoever has the ball needs to perform a rap, while the rest has to provide him with an appropriate 'background music' through beatboxing.

 

Kevin, who was the former captain of his high school basketball team, had the most possession of the ball. He was so exceptional at playing basketball that if he wasn't accepted during the SM global auditions in Canada, he probably would've been drafted to play for the NBA. 

 

♪ Neo molrae molrae dareun yeojadeulkwa bigyo bigyohaetji, jakkuman kkaeeojineun hwanshingsuke honjajeo ulgo itneun, choranalke gadhyeobarin nareul boasseo... ♪

 

He was in the middle of performing Jang Woohyuk's famous rap part from H.O.T.'s Candy when Kevin decided to pass the ball to his one and only teammate, Kyungsoo, whose eyes widened in surprise upon catching the ball. Now that he has possession of the ball, your sunbae enthusiastically rapped the next part of the song and subsequently dribbled past Chanyeol.

 

♪ Neol ddeonalkkeoya eum! Nal ddeonalkkeoya eum! ♪

 

At the corner of his huge donut eyes, Kyungsoo noticed Kevin running towards the basket. Without thinking twice, he quickly passed the ball back to the talented Chinese basketball player, allowing him to score the first two points of the game via an effortless lay-up.

 

"HYUNG!!!" the maknaes chorused.  

 

Chanyeol, who sat on the ground immediately after Kyungsoo passed by him, was holding his stomach while laughing hysterically. "Ya! How can I concentrate with him looking like that?" he reasoned, pointing to Kyungsoo. He then imitated Kyungsoo's 'Neol ddeonalkkeoya eum! Nal ddeonalkkeoya eum!' rap from earlier before letting out another round of laughter.

 

 

Over at the football field, the boys from Team Football were also holding an improvised vocal training while they were chasing after the ball. According to their vocal coaches and idol sunbaenims, singing while performing vigorous physical activities such as running is a very effective way of improving a person's lung capacity.

 

♫ For the moon, by the sea, niga ddeonan badagae, nunmuri mareul ddaekkaji... ♫ 

 

Luhan and Minseok, who were already up 1-0 against the pseudo-twins five minutes after kick off, seemed to be dominating not only in scoring goals, but also in hitting notes. The two of them managed to keep possession of the ball even while performing a duet of Fly to the Sky's most popular song, Sea of Love.

 

♫ Da mareul ddaekkaji... ♫ 

 

Minseok, who was in-charge of Brian's lines, was singing when Luhan suddenly sent him the ball through a very cheeky back-heel pass. He was about to attack Joonmyun with a right-footed swerve shot when he was unintentionally fouled by Moonkyu just outside the box.

 

"Look at Luhan," you said, pointing to the boy with a big number 7 at the back of his red football jersey. Like his football idol, Luhan spread his legs apart in an upside down V-formation as he prepares to take the free-kick in Minseok's place. "He even got the Cristiano Ronaldo free-kick pose spot on,"

 

Jihye and Yixing, who were sitting on the grass with you, quickly scanned the football pitch to look for Luhan. 

 

"HEY, CRISTIANO!" you called out loudly, prompting Luhan to look towards your direction. "SECTION 420, ROW 5, SEAT NUMBER 14!!!" you joked, implying that his shot would go way over the crossbar.

 

Luhan put both of his hands on either side of his hips. "I'M GOING TO SCORE THIS ONE! JUST WATCH!!!" he shouted back, before turning his attention back to the goal. True to his word, Luhan easily converted the free-kick into a goal by powerfully shooting the ball towards the corner of the net, making it impossible for Joonmyun to save it.

 

Just like when he scored the game opener, Luhan celebrated his goal by doing the shoulder sway+chin dance from DBSK's Mirotic choreography with Minseok. Although they belonged to a different team, Moonkyu and Jongin also danced along with them.

 

"Whoa! That was a pretty cool goal," you admitted.

 

Yixing, who was currently sitting beside you, couldn't help but smile. Although he was also pretty impressed with Luhan's set-piece goal, he was more excited about the fact that his beloved HanJae ship was already sailing smoothly.

 

Unlike you and Yixing, Jihye doesn't have an interest in sports at all. This fact, however, didn't stop her from intently observing both games. As the person entrusted with Zitao's white Polaroid camera, Jihye became the unofficial photographer of the day. Like a Wimbledon spectator, she kept on turning her head side-by-side just to snap photos of the boys in action... although her attention seemed to be focused only on two boys: the MVP from Team Basketball and the goalkeeper from Team Football.

 

"What's that over there?" Yixing suddenly asked, pointing to the patch of yellow flowers at the other side of the playing grounds.

 

You took out the park map given to you by Zitao earlier and after consulting it for a while; you finally gave Yixing an answer. "Apparently, it's just a walking trail bordered by a garden of flowers," you said. 

 

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

 

 

While Team Basketball and Team Football were busy improving their vocals while playing their respective games, you and Yixing decided to take a stroll along the soiled pathway near the sporting grounds. You were quietly admiring the bunch of yellow gold flowers that border the walkway when Yixing decided to break the silence.

 

 

credit to VisitKorea

 

"I know about your secret," Yixing declared, prompting you to look at him.

 

Although you already have a vague idea of what he was referring to, you decided that it was best to hear Yixing's side first before you start divulging all sorts of embarrassing information. "What secret?" you asked, as calmly as you could manage.

 

Slowly turning his head to face you, Yixing asked, "You listened to my song, didn't you?"

 

His assumption was confirmed when your eyes instantly widened upon the mention of his song. When Yixing forgot his iPod on that very first day you saw him in the bubble tea shop, you went against your conscience and used his iPod without his permission.

 

"I'm sorry," you sincerely apologized. "I don't usually meddle with other people's belongings, but... well, I really don't have any reason to justify what I did. I was just curious, I guess." Glancing apologetically at the boy beside you, you repeated, "I really am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter