Superstar, Shining Star, Supers-Taro

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Shoujo Jidai - Genie

 

"IT'S BLURRED!!!"

 

You have been staring at your handyphone for hours now and you still can't believe you blew away a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity by taking one fail of a selca with U-Know Yunho. The photo was so blurred that you literally had tears in your eyes when you first saw it.

 

"Didn't I tell you to invest on a phone with a high quality camera?"

 

After telling her that Kevin and the rest of the boys from yesterday's fun run were regular customers of Happy Bubble, Jihye promised to stop by the shop before your shift ends. And although you still have a good three hours before Kyungsoo finally takes over responsibility of the shop, she was already there, seated near the store counter while drinking the caramel milk tea with pearls and jelly cubes that she ordered earlier.

 

 

"Weren't you the one who suggested we buy matching Lollipop handyphones?" you asked, but she just ignored you and took another sip of her bubble tea. 

 

Slumping your arms and your face on the store counter, you whined again, "IT'S BLURRED!!!"

 

"Well, at least you've met him already! I've yet to see Siwon oppa face-to-face,"

 

Slightly looking up from the counter, you asked, "Didn't we watch SS2 last year?"

 

"But that's different! We were too far away from the stage! And to make things worse, there was this girl in front of me who kept blocking my view with her EunHae LED board," she countered, pausing for a while to take another sip of her bubble tea. "I want to see him up-close too, you know. Close enough to smell him and count the strands of hair in his godly eyebrows. I want a fanfic-worthy moment with him. Just like what happened with you and Yunho oppa earlier,"

 

Remembering that the SM Entertainment building was just a few blocks away from Ahjumeonie's Happy Bubble Tea Shop, you suggested Jihye to stop by there.

 

"You should try hanging outside the SM building then. I mean, a lot of other fangirls do. And who knows? You might even catch at least a glimpse of him,"

 

She put down the cup of bubble tea she was holding to look at you. "Don't you know what date is today? It's Wookie oppa's birthday! Super Junior's probably out celebrating somewhere private!"

 

"Geez. Sorry. You know I'm not an authority when it comes to Super Junior. Anyway, you should ask the boys to help you meet him, then. Siwon oppa is their sunbae anyway," you suggested.

 

"WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!? THEY'RE SM TRAINEES?!?"

 

Jihye, who almost choked on jelly cubes when you revealed that the boys she met yesterday were indeed SM trainees, stood up from her seat to stand closer to the counter.

 

"Ya! Han Jaemi! How can you leave out such important details!"

 

"I already told you I delivered bubble tea for a bunch of SM trainees, didn't I?" you reminded, remembering that day when you cooked rabokki for her.

 

"Yeah, but you forgot to tell me that they were the same boys I met in the fun run yesterday!" she reasoned. "No wonder all of them were so good-looking!"

 

You were about to say something when Jihye suddenly interrupted your thoughts by exclaiming "Oh no!" and imitating the 'slumping on the counter' action that you did earlier.

 

"Ya! Jung Jihye! What's wrong with you?!?" you curiously asked, patting her shoulders.

 

Without looking up from the counter, Jihye mumbled, "Kevin..."

 

"Oh, what about him?" 

 

Jihye looked up and held both of your hands in hers. "If he does debut - and I know that he will because how can you not let someone like him debut, right? - well, then I would probably have lesser chances of being with him!"

 

You sighed. "You really like him, don't you?"

 

"Jaemi~ I haven't seen anyone as good-looking as him! I mean, here I was, finally rejoicing the fact that I've finally liked someone I've met in real life and not somebody I've seen on TV and now you're telling me he's training to become an idol too?!?"

 

Ah, poor Jihye. The last non-celebrity she seriously liked was that Song Seunghun look-a-like who used to deliver newspaper in our neighborhood... and that was when we were in 6th grade.

 

"Yeah, but I think you should tone down the obvious spazzing, Ji. I know it's hard, but try not to fangirl over him so much when he's around. You don't want to freak him out," you advised.

 

"I know!" she admitted. "Remember how I approached him before the race yesterday? I have to face-palm myself whenever I think about it!" Crossing her arms on her chest, Jihye shivered, "It was so embarrassing that I want to put a brown paper bag over my head whenever I'm reminded of it!"

 

This whole discussion about Jihye's crush on Kevin suddenly reminded you of the SM trainee who you originally suspected to be the one to catch your best friend's eye first.

 

"Ji, I know Totoro's handsome and all, but I really expected you to like Rich Kid," you confessed.

 

"Joonmyun?" she asked and you nodded in confirmation. "And why is that?"

 

Isn't it obvious?!? "Because he looks like Siwon oppa, that's why!" you replied.

 

Arching her left eyebrow, Jihye disagreed, "No, he doesn't!"

 

"Yes, he does! I know he's about a foot shorter, but-"

 

Crossing her arms against her chest, Jihye shook her head in opposition. "Uh. No. Just no. Siwon oppa doesn't look like anyone at all!"

 

"Siwon oppa looks like Kangta oppa!" you pointed out.

 

Knowing that she already lost the argument when you mentioned H.O.T.'s main vocalist, Jihye tried dropping the subject by saying "Whatever!" and taking another sip of her caramel milk tea.

 

  

Ahn Chilhyun, Choi Siwon, and Kim Joonmyun

 

"What about you?" she asked.

 

In an attempt to put an end to your self-inflicted misery, you folded the upper half of your LG Lollipop GD580 handyphone to finally put the blurred selca with Yunho oppa out of your sight.

 

"What about me?" you asked back.

 

Giving you one of her "I know you too well, so just spill it already" looks, Jihye finally asked the question you've been dreading to hear since Sunday.

 

"Are you interested in any of them yet?"

 

 

"JAEMI-AH~!!! JIHYE~!!!"

 

As usual, it was the deep-voiced, creepy-smiled Park Chanyeol who entered the store first. By now, you were already used to his bright and cheerful personality, but somehow, he looked especially thrilled today.

 

Does it have anything to do with Sulli?!? Chanlli, hwaiting!!!

 

"Jaemi-ah~ guess who's going to be on the next So Nyeo Si Dae music video~"

 

It was pretty obvious that the answer was Chanyeol. The cute mismatched smile and the little eye twitch kinda give it away. If he wasn't so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter