Shall We Shake a Journey?

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: DBSK's Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong - Be My Girl

 

"Where's Jaemi?"

 

Because they are Chinese, Luhan, Kevin, and Yixing were required by the company to attend Korean lessons three times a week. The sessions, which are supervised by a linguist from a very prestigious university in Seoul, were meant to help them improve their skills in speaking, reading, writing, and understanding Hangul. Since the Korean lessons that Monday ended later than usual, you were already gone when the three Chinese boys finally arrived at Happy Bubble.

 

"She already left," Kyungsoo answered.

 

Upon hearing the confirmation that you already headed home, Luhan slumped himself in the chair beside Minseok and pouted like a kid on a 3-minute timeout. 

 

"Oh, man! Why did she have to leave early?"

 

Kevin and Yixing, who also seemed a bit disappointed that they didn't get to see you today, pulled out chairs for them to sit on before signaling their respective bubble tea orders to Kyungsoo. Since they never change their orders anyhow, Kyungsoo already knew that he needed to prepare a black dragon milk tea without sinkers, a hazelnut tea latte with pearls and crystals, and a taro milk tea with pearls and red beans for his Chinese friends. 

 

"Because it's sushi night," Jihye revealed.

 

Putting down his MCM backpack beside his chair, Yixing asked, "Sushi night?"

 

"Yep. Every Monday, Jaemi and her umma make a sumptuous sushi feast for dinner. It's their way of relieving stress."

 

She was right. About three years ago, your umma received a sushi making set from one of her Japanese co-workers. The set included a wooden sushi hangiri, a bamboo rice paddle, and a bamboo rolling mat that is perfect for making your appa's favorite makizushi rolls. Upon your appa's suggestion, you went on a quick trip to the Japanese mini-mart in Ichon-dong to buy ingredients and made sushi for dinner. It has been your family's weekly tradition ever since.

 

"So, Jaemi can cook, huh?" Kevin said, quite impressed.

 

Minseok, who suddenly grew serious about your best friend's culinary skills, asked Jihye if she's a master in the kitchen as well. After all, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and all of his friends know that Minseok is one healthy eater.

 

"What about you, Jihye? Can you cook?"

 

"Oh, God no!" Jihye honestly admitted. "Jaemi once said she'd rather eat a live octopus than taste my kimchi jjigae..." She quickly checked her phone before she finally finished her sentence:

 

"... and I wasn't even offended!"

 

 

While Jihye was having a little chit-chat time with the rest of the boys, you were just casually walking along the streets of Apgujeong with Jongin and Moonkyu. Normally, you would only walk about 174 meters to Hanyang Apartments, so you can wait for the Blue bus that will take you all the way to the subway station, but the pseudo-twins insisted you travel the entire 2-kilometer distance from Happy Bubble to Apgujeong Station on foot. 

 

How can they still insist on walking after practicing all day?!?

 

All of a sudden, Jongin advanced a couple of steps forward before turning around to face you, carefully walking backwards. "See, the thing is, Jaemi, once we reach Apgujeong Station..."

 

Moonkyu, as usual, was the one who continued his friend's sentence. "... the two of us are going to ride on different trains: one is going to travel to the north..."

 

"... while the other to the south..." Jongin finished.

 

You already had a vague idea on what the two of them were trying to do, so before they could go on another 'You start and I'll finish it for you' spree, you decided to interrupt them.

 

Stopping in front of Shinhan Bank, you put both of your hands on either side of your hips and glared at your new commuting buddies. "You're going to bet on who's going to be on the same train as me, aren't you?" 

 

"Don't worry. We're not like Chanyeol hyung..."

 

"... yeah, we don't actually involve money in our bets," Moonkyu revealed.

 

Folding your arms across your chest, you asked, "So what are you going to bet with?"

 

With broad smiles on their lips, they chorused, "You'll see."

 

When you reached the entrance to Apgujeong Station, the moment of truth has arrived. The two boys revealed their respective destinations by positioning themselves in front of the two entrances: Moonkyu near the north and Jongin near the south.

 

credit to meisterts

 

You slowly walked towards Moonkyu and noticed Jongin bowing his head in defeat. Whispering in Moonkyu's ear, you revealed the truth about your destination, "Sorry buddy, it looks like you're going on that train alone." 

 

"Hey! Don't tease me like that!" Moonkyu complained.

 

You stuck out your tongue. "Don't bet on me, then!"

 

Walking towards Jongin, you decided to satisfy your curiosity by asking him about Moonkyu's impending punishment since he lost the pointless bet. With a big smile on his face, Jongin asked you to just "wait and see," before cheering a really loud "Kim Moonkyu, hwaiting!"

 

After pumping his right fist to acknowledge his pseudo-twin's encouragement, Moonkyu took a deep breath and positioned himself in the middle of the subway station. He then stretched out his left arm, his palm in front of his face as if he was checking himself out in a compact mirror, and he started patting his cheeks with his right hand the way a girl applying makeup would.

 

Oh my God. Moonkyu's dancing to f(x)'s Nu ABO!!!

 

The sight of a tall and lanky Moonkyu flailing his arms during the "Na Na Na Na Na Na Na" part was so cute and funny that you and Jongin almost had tears in your eyes because of too much laughter. Although he was obviously embarrassed to dance in front of random commuters, Moonkyu was trying his best not only to fulfill his pre-determined punishment successfully, but also to perform the choreography correctly. 

 

The next thing you know, Jongin has already left your side to join his friend. As expected, the pseudo-twins were not only good at finishing each other's sentences, but were also synchronized in dancing. And after having your own 'What the hell!' moment, you suddenly found yourself joining Moonkyu and Jongin in their little Inkigayo-esque performance. 

 

After your impromptu Nu ABO performance near the Apgujeong Station entrance, you and Jongin bid Moonkyu goodbye and headed off to the turnstiles. Since both of you already have your own transportation cards, you didn't have to stop by the vending machines to get your tickets.

 

"What is it?!?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter