I'm in Shock, Tea-Electric Shock!

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Super Junior - (Just for Today) I'm Your Man

 

*Oh my God... he does look like Siwon oppa!*

 

When you first told her about Joonmyun the Rich Kid's resemblance to her Super Junior bias, Jihye swore to herself that you're just mistaken and that you probably need to have your eyes checked by a renowned ophthalmologist. But now, seeing them beside each other, she could no longer deny that the similarities between them were uncanny.

 

"Jihye, are you okay?"

 

Minseok was getting worried. Ever since they brought her backstage to meet Super Junior, Jihye hasn't really spoken a single word. Save for that little jaw drop she did when she finally saw Siwon, she hasn't done anything else, but stare.

 

Just then, Joonmyun whispered something to Siwon's ear. The Super Junior member, who was slowly nodding while listening to whatever it is his doppelganger was saying, suddenly started making his way towards your best friend. Before Jihye even had the time to react, she already found herself face-to-face with her bias.

 

"Hello! Thank you for the bubble tea!" Siwon greeted, a broad and sincere smile forming on his lips.

 

However, just like Kyuhyun, Siwon failed to provoke any form of reaction from your best friend. She was standing there like a statue, but her eyes were undoubtedly glued onto Siwon's entire figure. The fact that she just admitted to herself that Joonmyun is, indeed, a shorter version of her beloved Siwon oppa, didn't help calm Jihye's nerves at all.

 

Finally giving up on having a conversation with your best friend, Siwon just walked towards Minseok and said, "She's not much of a talker, isn't she?"

 

"She's just a little..." he paused, trying to figure out the best way to explain Jihye's odd behavior to his Siwon hyung. "Well, let's just say she's not really herself right now,"

 

 

"Uruguay has Suarez*, though. It would be quite difficult to stop him,"

 

Back at the Happy Bubble booth, while you and Kyungsoo were busy preparing bubble tea for the customers, the rest of the boys were discussing South Korea's chances of advancing to the quarter finals of the World Cup.

 

"Pssh. Suarez," Luhan commented, immediately brushing off the Uruguayan striker as a threat to the South Korean team. "It's Forlan* you guys should be worried about. Right, Jaemi?"

 

"Yeah, he's really good. I always get nervous for Iker* whenever Forlan has the ball," you agreed, referring to the derbies between the two Madrid teams.

 

Taking a break from playing hacky sack with Moonkyu and Zitao, Jongin asked, "How come you know so much about football?"

 

"Yeah, you seem to know a lot about international players and stuff," Moonkyu added.

 

"I don't," you insisted. "I just watch a lot of Real Madrid games and since Forlan plays for one of their arch-rivals, Atletico Madrid, I pretty much have an idea about how he plays,"

 

"So, you think the Taegeuk Warriors are going to lose tonight, huh?" Yixing asked, making you nod in response.

 

Taking it as a good opportunity to intensify pre-game jitters and earn extra money, Chanyeol suggested you all bet on the result of the upcoming match. Only Kyungsoo, who claimed that he knows nothing about football, refused to participate in it.

 

"Uruguay victory. Forlan goal. No. Assist. I'm betting on a Forlan assist," you declared.

 

Staying loyal to their national team, Moonkyu and Jongin both betted on a South Korean victory with goals from Park Jisung* and Lee Chungyong*, respectively. Sehun predicted that it would end in a goal-less draw, forcing the match to go into extra time, with South Korea bringing home the win thanks to an own goal from Maxi Pereira*. Both Yixing and Kevin believed that Uruguay would move on to the next round; with Yixing predicting a 2-0 score by the end of the match.

 

When Zitao suddenly took out a crumpled 1000 won bill from his pocket, Kevin asked him whether or not he was participating in the bet as well. "You're betting too? Are you sure?" 

 

Zitao nodded. "Korea. Goal. One. Uruguay. Win." he said, obviously betting on a single goal by the South Koreans, but predicting a victory for the Uruguayans.

 

"As for me, I'm betting on a Forlan goal. Wait. Make that two. Two goals from Forlan to seal a victory for the Uruguayans. Trust me. That guy's going to win the Golden Ball* this year!" Luhan confidently announced. "If Baozi was here, I'm sure he'll bet on a Forlan goal as well,"

 

"Speaking of Baozi..." you started, your thoughts suddenly shifting to an image of Jihye, dressed as a boy, delivering bubble tea for her Super Junior oppas.

 

"I wonder how Jihye's doing..."

 

 

"JAEMI!!!"

 

About half an hour later, a crying Jihye came running towards the Happy Bubble stall, followed by a worried Minseok and a confused Joonmyun. She went straight to you for a hug and you wrapped your arms around her huge frame to provide her with some much-needed comfort.

 

"Ji, what happened?"

 

Jihye didn't answer. She just continued cryin- no. She wasn't just crying. She was sobbing quite loudly and it didn't look pretty at all. The black Happy Bubble apron that you lent to her earlier was now partly wet with her tears.

 

Because it seemed like Jihye wasn't in the best disposition at the moment, you asked Minseok and Joonmyun about what happened backstage. They explained to you how Jihye ignored the members of her bias group by refusing to speak even a single word.

 

"She didn't even respond when Siwon hyung thanked her for the bubble tea," Joonmyun recalled.

 

Jihye, who was staining your shirt with her tears, suddenly asked, "HE TALKED TO ME?!?"

 

"Yeah, he said 'Hello! Thank you for the bubble tea!', but you just stood there and stared at him. He actually thought you were deaf and mute," Minseok revealed.

 

"Oh my God! I'm so embarrassing!!!" Jihye whined, using the sleeves of your red shirt to wipe away her tears. "And I didn't even had a chance to take a picture with him!"

 

"SO NYEO SI DAE IS NEXT!!!"

 

Without wasting time, the boys quickly ran off towards the stage to find a good spot to watch the next live performance. Even Jihye, who was sobbing loudly just seconds ago, miraculously forgot her embarrassing encounter with her bias and immediately dashed off with the rest of the boys.

 

Kyungsoo, who told you earlier that he was going to take a break once SNSD starts performing, suddenly felt guilty of leaving you alone in the stall. Although he really wanted to join his friends to watch their sunbaenims perform, he knew that he had a responsibility to look after Ahjumeonie's Happy Bubble stall.

 

Luhan was about to join the others when he noticed that the maknae didn't move from his spot. "Sehun-ah, aren't you coming?" he asked.

 

Sehun shook his head. "Nope. Go ahead, hyung. I'll just thtay here," he insisted. "It'th too crowded in there,"

 

"Okay. Suit yourself," Luhan shrugged, before catching up with the others.

 

 

As expected, the area closest to the stage was filled with teenage boys and middle-aged ahjussis when So Nyeo Si Dae came up on stage. Even the SM trainees, who would normally bump into the members of the famous girl group in the hallways of their tiny company building, fought hard just to find good spots that would allow them to fully enjoy their sunbaenims' performance.

 

♫ La la la la huuineun jeo haneule narigo, la la la la la la la la chinguyeo saerobge taeeonage... ♫

 

Zitao, who just arrived in Seoul less than a week ago, was watching the beautiful girls of SNSD perform live for the very first time. Because the girls were wearing white shorts to match their red World Cup-themed SPAO shirts, the poor Chinese boy couldn't help but settle his gaze on their milky legs and honey thighs.

 

 

credit to soshi21 and StarNews

 

Tugging on Luhan's arm, Yixing called out, "Help me! Help me!"

 

Miraculously understanding whatever joke Yixing had in store for them, Luhan willingly played along with his friend's little skit. "Okay! Let's go pick it up!" he said, before pretending to 'help' Yixing pick something up from the floor.

 

Curious, Jihye asked, "Pick what up?", causing the two silly boys to answer "ZITAO'S JAW!" in unison before sharing a high-five.

 

"Hey! Huang Zitao! You're salivating!" Kevin teased in Mandarin, prompting poor Zitao to check whether or not the corners of his mouth were really wet from saliva. Minseok, who witnessed all of this, thought he was going to die of laughter.

 

The pseudo-twins, Moonkyu and Jongin, who absolutely have no concept of staying still, were dancing along to the music. Jihye swore she even saw them imitate SNSD's famous hair-twirling move from the Oh! choreography.

 

"TAEYEON NOONA!!! SICA NOONA!!! SUNNY NOONA!!! FANY NOONA!!! HYOYEON NOONA!!!"

 

The one who screamed the loudest during the performance, as you would have guessed, was none other than Park Chanyeol. His deep voice was so loud, it actually rivaled the amplified voices of the people singing onstage.

 

"This guy, right here, is a human megaphone," Jihye declared, pointing to Chanyeol, who was currently jumping up and down from excitement.

 

"YURI NOONA!!! SOOYOUNG NOONA!!! YOONA NOONA!!! SEOHYUN NOONA!!! SARANGHAE!!!"

 

Although he wasn't chanting the girls' names as loud as Chanyeol, Joonmyun was the person who truly enjoyed the performance the most. Even if he was just standing there, pretending to quietly enjoy the performance, he actually used his eyes to do all the talking. While the other boys' stares constantly shifted from one member to another, Joonmyun's strong gaze just stayed on the face of one particular girl...

 

 

 

 

 

...the petite one with the cute pigtails.

 

 

"Sunbae! We're almost out of ice!"

 

You were working on an order of jasmine milk tea when you noticed that the amount of ice left in the cooler is just about enough for half a dozen cups of bubble tea. Since the night was still young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter