Victory, Vic-Toffee, Victory Korea!

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Kara - We're With You

 

"So boring..."

 

Sitting down on the black stool behind the green-painted counter, you let out a heavy sigh. Besides you, there was no one else in the shop. Ahjumeonie, who apparently lives just a few blocks away from Happy Bubble, was already home.

 

"Don't forget to unplug everything and lock the doors," she reminded before she left.

 

Kyungsoo sunbae said the real customers only appear at night... how come I haven't seen any idols yet?

 

You checked the time and realized that it was already 7 in the evening. Kyungsoo promised to be back before your shift ends, but it was already dark outside and he hasn't arrived yet.

 

"He's late!"

 

Placing both of your hands under your chin, you let out another heavy sigh.

 

Today was a really weird day. You've only been working for Ahjumeonie's Happy Bubble Tea Shop for several hours, but somehow, the recent turn of events were enough to cover six diary entries: You landed a job at a bubble tea shop, learned how to prepare bubble tea, walked all the way to the SM building, got embarrassed in front of SHINee's Taemin, entered the famous cloud room, and met a bunch of good-looking SM trainees.

 

You were just thankful you made it back to the shop in one piece... and that Ahjumeonie didn't kill you for taking so long with the deliveries.

 

Just then, you heard somebody push the front door open.

 

Your jaw dropped. "No way."

 

                                    

 

What are they all doing here?!?

 

You couldn't believe it. They are here. Kyungsoo sunbae and his SM trainee friends just entered the store, making the almost empty Happy Bubble Tea Shop suddenly crowded with just their presence.

 

"Annyeong, Jaemi-ah!!!" Chanyeol waved his arms.

 

Why do they keep on calling me by my name? It's not like we're close friends or something...

 

One by one, they made their way inside the shop, pulling chairs for them to sit on. 

 

"What are you all doing here?"

 

"Well, it's nice to see you too," Minseok retorted, occupying the chair next to Chanyeol.

 

Luhan also pulled a chair and sat right next to Kevin. "We're here to buy bubble tea, of course!"

 

To buy bubble tea? Are they addicted to it or something? I mean, I'm not going to lie, the stuff is delicious - insanely delicious - but really?!? Again?!?

 

"Didn't I just deliver bubble tea for all of you this afternoon?"

 

"And you!" You pointed to Sehun. "If you buy another one, it will be your third cup for today!"

 

He had his poker face on again. "Tho?" 

 

You waved your right hand in dismissal. "Oh, forget it."

 

While you were talking to Sehun, Kyungsoo found his way towards the  counter and retrieved some sort of remote control from one of the drawers. "Where's Ahjumeonie?" he asked.

 

"Oh, she left already. She said her arthritis is acting up or something,"

 

Shaking his head, Kyungsoo chuckled lightly, "Aigoo~ our Ahjumeonie's getting old!"

 

The creaking sound of the front door opening announced the arrival of another person. It was Joonmyun the rich kid... and he was holding something that looked like a cup of coffee from the cafe next door.

 

With furrowed brows, you asked your sunbae, "Is he even allowed to bring that here?"

 

"Relax. He always brings coffee here. Even Ahjumeonie's used to it."

 

Kyungsoo walked away from the counter and made his way towards the dining area again. He raised his right hand - the one holding the remote control - and pointed it about 45 degrees upwards. With just one click, the flat-screen television in the shop .

 

Joonmyun, who was now seated between Chanyeol and Kevin, was taking a sip from his cup of coffee. "I don't even drink bubble tea!" you remember him saying. 

 

"Ah, poor thing," you said to no one in particular. "He's doesn't know what he's missing!"

 

You checked the time again. Now that Kyungsoo was here, you realized that it's time for you to finally go home. You reached behind your back and began untying your black apron. After folding it neatly, you moved on to organize your things and prepared to leave.

 

Luhan, who was watching you from his seat, suddenly asked, "Jaemi, where are you going?"

 

Isn't it obvious?

 

After taking your handbag from the corner of the counter, you looked at him and answered. "Home, of course. My shift ended hours ago, anyway."

 

   

Chanyeol and Kevin suddenly got off their seats and blocked the front door. Mischievous smiles were forming on their lips. Kevin, wearing the same heart attack-inducing smirk from earlier, slowly spoke up. 

 

   

"Oh no, dear Jaemi. You're not going anywhere."

 

                                    

 

Before you could come up with a ridiculous conclusion and accuse them of planning something improper, Joonmyun threw a piece of cloth towards your direction. On reflex, you easily caught it with both hands. When you unfolded it, you saw that it was a red shirt with the word 'Go' and a chibi-style pig playing football printed on it. 

 

 

What am I supposed to do with this?!?

 

"Yuri noona has the same shirt," Chanyeol pointed out. Yuri? As in So Nyeo Si Dae's Yuri?

 

"What are you waiting for?" Joonmyun asked. "Wear it!"

 

Minseok tilted his head. "Yeah and have a bit of team spirit, will 'ya?"

 

Still confused about the significance of the shirt, you asked, "What for?"

 

"For South Korea, of course! You do know there's a World Cup game tonight, don't you?" Kyungsoo asked, looking briefly at you while he was channel surfing on the television.

 

"Ah!" You clapped your hands together in realization. "So that's why Taemin was wearing a Korea No.1 t-shirt earlier..."

 

"You know Taeminnie?!?" Jongin and Moonkyu chorused.

 

"Huh? What? No!" You took a deep breath to calm yourself down. "I just saw him today when I delivered your bubble tea."

 

You gave the two of them a curious look. "Why? Are you friends with him or something?"

 

"Are you kidding?!? Those three are basically joined at the hip!" Kevin rolled his eyes. How come he still looks good even when he's doing that?!?

 

"But Taemin's not with you now, is he?"

 

"That's because he's busy..."

 

"...with SHINee's activities."

 

Geez. They're finishing each other's sentences again.

 

You didn't know why, but Jongin suddenly caught your eye. He looked strangely familiar. "You really look familiar..."

 

"Me???" they both asked.

 

You looked at Moonkyu and shook your head. "No, him," you clarified and pointed to Jongin.

 

Then suddenly, an imaginary light bulb appeared on top of your head. "Ah! I know! I know! It was you, isn't it? You were that guy in the Hahaha CF with DBSK!!!"

 

Jongin smiled brightly, his eyes sparkled. "Yes, that's me!" He then looked at Moonkyu and excitedly said, "She recognized me!"

 

"You're the one wearing a maroon hoodie, right? The one who did that little turn! Right? Right?" You don't have any idea why you sounded so excited, but then again, so was Jongin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter