Shoot Anonymous, Anony-Mousse!

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: CN Blue - L.O.V.E. Girl

 

The next day, Jihye managed to get out of her after school club activities to accompany you to Apgujeong. She said that some of her fellow drama club members were annoying her, but you figured she just wanted to come by the shop because she wanted to hang out with the boys. 

 

"Someone left this for you,"

 

As soon as you entered the Happy Bubble Tea Shop, Ahjumeonie handed you a pink envelope printed with a cute Teddy bear design. Checking the writing at the back, you noticed that it was addressed to 'The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop'.

 

"Are you sure it's for me, Ahjumeonie?" you asked. "I mean, it could be for Yeonhee unnie,"

 

"The boy told me, 'Ahjumeonie, please give this to the girl who works here - the little one in a ponytail,' so it could only be you. My niece doesn't wear her hair in a ponytail and I don't think anybody would ever refer to her as the 'little one'!"

 

Jihye, who seemed to be more excited about the mysterious pink envelope than you were, tugged on the sleeves of your school uniform. "Oh, just go on and read it!" she urged.

 

"Alright, but stop tugging on my uniform," you requested. Taking out the piece of scented stationery from its matching pink envelope, you took a deep breath and began reading:

 

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

The smell of tapioca reminds me of you.

 

Jihye and Ahjumeonie both burst into laughter. "Oh my God! That is the cheesiest thing I have ever hea-" Jihye was about to finish her sentence when you suddenly interrupted her.

 

"Do I really smell like tapioca?" you asked, sniffing your sleeves for any trace of tapioca.

 

Instead of answering you, though, Jihye snatched the scented stationery from your hands to read the note herself. "Oh my God! I thought you were kidding! That's exactly what's written in here!" she exclaimed, before reading it aloud once again.

 

"Oh my God! I do smell like tapioca!" you realized.

 

"Of course, you smell like tapioca!" Ahjumeonie exclaimed, untying the black apron from her waist. "You work in a bubble tea shop! It's only normal for you to smell like tapioca!"

 

"Do you know who is it from?" Jihye asked, examining the note. "There was no signature in this note. Did the sender write his name on the envelope?"

 

You checked the pink envelope again. "Nope. It only says, 'To the Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop' and nothing else," you informed your best friend.

 

"Oh my God! Jaemi! You have a secret admirer!"

 

 

After seventeen years of existing in this world, you, Han Jaemi, have finally received your very first love note. Nevermind that it was a variation of the overused 'Roses are red, violets are blue' poem that was written on a piece of scented pink stationery that was probably stolen from someone else's noona. You just got a love note...

 

What kind of girl wouldn't be flattered by such a thing?

 

"I wonder who's it from..." Jihye mused, still staring at the note. "You know, it would be easier if this was handwritten,"

 

"And why is that?" you asked, attaching the pair of stainless cups to the shaking machine. Once you were sure that the cups were secured perfectly onto the machine, you pressed the green button to finally initiate the shaking.

 

Jihye took a sip from her caramel milk tea with pearls and jelly cubes. "Because if this note was handwritten, I'll just analyze the boys' penmanships and voila! We'll uncover the identity of your secret admirer just like that!" she responded, ending her explanation by snapping her finger.

 

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?" you exclaimed, putting your hands on your hips. "Oh, please. I'm sure it isn't one of them," you insisted, before shifting your attention back to the rotating cups.

 

"I bet it's Luhan," Jihye guessed.

 

"Luhan?!? Why would you think it's Luhan?" you asked, pressing the red button to turn off the shaking machine. You then started detaching the stainless cups from the machine, so you could finally pour the freshly-mixed drinks into their respective cups.

 

"Don't tell me you still haven't noticed it yet?" Jihye sighed, stirring the pearls and jelly cubes in her cup. "He likes you, okay? It's quite obvious,"

 

"No, he doesn't!" you disagreed, carefully pouring the vanilla-flavored milk tea into one of the plastic cups containing tapioca pearls and crystals. "I know he flirts all the time, but that doesn't mean he's really interested in me,"

 

"If a guy flirts with you all the time, then it has to mean something!" one of the customers suddenly commented, shocking both you and Jihye. Your best friend, who must have been glad to have an unlikely ally, just gave you an 'I told you so' look.

 

After securing the dome lids on both plastic cups, you handed them over to the customers. "That would be 13,000 won," you announced, after calculating the total amount they owe you. After paying for their bubble tea, the customer who sided with Jihye left a few words before finally exiting the bubble tea shop.

 

"Remember what I said, okay?"

 

 

When the boys arrived that afternoon in the Happy Bubble Tea Shop, Jihye automatically turned into detective-mode. Your best friend was convinced that the person who sent the anonymously-written love note was one of them and she was determined to find out who it is.

 

"JAEMI-AH~ JIH- Ya, Jung Jihye! What's with the look?" Chanyeol's standard greeting was interrupted when he noticed your best friend practically performing x-rays on every single one of them with her eyes.

 

"Shut up! I'm trying to concentrate here!" Jihye hissed, raising an eyebrow.

 

Yixing pulled a chair beside Luhan. "What are you concentrating on?" he asked, placing his precious MCM backpack on the floor before finally taking a seat. Instead of answering his question, Jihye just placed an index finger in front of her lips and asked him to keep quiet.

 

"Me scary," Zitao admitted, rubbing his arms.

 

"We already know that you're scary, Zitao," you commented, taking out ten plastic cups. The chances of the boys ordering bubble tea, after all, are just as high as BoA's chances of winning another mutizen for Hurricane Venus.

 

Zitao sighed. He uttered several incomprehensible 'Korean' words to explain what he really meant before finally giving in to his need of a translator. "He meant to say that Jihye was giving him the creeps," Kevin explained.

 

"Yeah, what's with the looks, Jihye? It's like you're undressing us with your eyes," Minseok smirked, placing both of his hands behind his head.

 

"Oh, dream on, Minseok!" Jihye exclaimed.

 

"Did you guys hear that? She just gave me permis-" naughty Minseok wasn't able to finish what he was about to say because he was suddenly attacked with an empty plastic cup by Jihye.

 

"Hey! That was still unused!" you whined, before taking out a new plastic cup to replace the one  Jihye threw at Minseok. "I'm going to start preparing their bubble tea, so you might want to go get your Americano now, Rich Kid," you told Joonmyun, who automatically got up from his seat the moment you reminded him about his coffee.

 

"It feels weird to be on this side of the store," Kyungsoo announced, adjusting in his seat. "But, I must admit, it's more fun to boss Jaemi around when I'm a paying customer rather than a co-worker," he mentioned, earning him a couple of complaints from you.

 

While brewing the tea, you realized you haven't asked Chanyeol what flavor he wanted to try today. Ever since you started working in the Happy Bubble Tea Shop, that boy hasn't sampled the same bubble tea flavor more than once.

 

"What's the lucky flavor for today?" you asked.

 

his chin, Chanyeol stared at the enormous Happy Bubble menu plastered on the wall as if it's the first time he's seeing it. "Is that Black Dragon Milk Tea any good?" he inquired, pointing to the drink's name on the menu.

 

"Of course, it's delicious!" Kevin answered, referring to his favorite drink.

 

"Okay, I'll have the Black Dragon Milk Tea today," Chanyeol decided, crossing his arms. "But with pearls and black bricks. It's not 'bubble tea' without the pearls, right?" he winked, indirectly teasing Kevin's dislike for tapioca pearls. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter