I Will Lychee Go, My Baby Can't Forget

The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: BoA feat SJM's Henry and SHINee's Key - One Dream

 

"So, how was the party?"

 

The next day, Yeonhee came in a little early to make up for that early Sunday morning shift that she asked you to fill in for her yesterday. She also knew that you need to go home early during Mondays because of sushi night, but since you promised Jongin that you'd wait for him so that the two of you could go home together, you stayed in the bubble tea shop a little longer to have a little chat with your unnie. 

 

"It was fun," you replied, cleaning the straw dispenser before refilling it with a new batch of sealed jumbo straws. "But honestly, Unnie, it wasn't comfortable at all to be surrounded by all those trainees. I mean, don't get me wrong, they were really nice, but seeing all really good-looking would-be idols in one place was a bit overwhelming."

 

"I know what you mean," Yeonhee agreed, unattaching the two stainless cups from the shaking machine. "My boyfriend and I argue about the same thing all the time. He just couldn't understand why I would get socially awkward whenever we go out with some of his friends,"

 

When you asked her if her boyfriend is also acquainted with a bunch of celebrity-looking people, Yeonhee just chuckled and muttered, "You have no idea."

 

"I met SHINee," you mentioned.

 

"Ah, SHINee!" Yeonhee exclaimed. "They used to come here often during their trainee days, you know. Especially Taemin. Jongin, Moonkyu, and him were inseparable."

 

"Have they been hanging out here that long?" you asked.

 

"Yeah, they've been coming here for years," she revealed, pouring the freshly-mixed bubble tea into their respective plastic cups. "I don't know why, but the bubble tea shop has always been popular amongst trainees and idols. Jonghyun even came up with this urban legend that you have to drink at least a cup of bubble tea prepared by my auntie in order to debut, hence the only reason why Joonmyun is still a trainee."

 

You took two sealed jumbo straws from the newly-refilled dispenser and handed them over to Yeonhee. "That's ridiculous!" you exclaimed. "I bet they say that to all the new trainees."

 

"One strawberry bubble tea for Daji and one pearl milk tea for Dongjoo!"

 

When Yeonhee announced that their drinks were ready, the tall couple sharing the table in the middle of the shop simultaneously stood up from their seats and approached the counter to get their orders. After about a minute of arguing, the girl finally gave in to the boy's insistence to pay for her strawberry bubble tea.

 

Once the couple was already out of earshot, you told Yeonhee that like Miss Daji, you also feel uncomfortable whenever a boy offers to pay for you; also mentioning the boys' habit of paying for your purchases before you could even take your wallet out of your pocket.

 

"You better get used to it," Yeonhee suggested. "Once you get a boyfriend, you won't be paying for anything as long as you're together. That is, if you date a gentleman."

 

"Well, I don't think I should worry about that. I mean, it's not like I'm going to date anyone any time soon," you announced, obviously brushing off any ideas of dating in the immediate future, conveniently forgetting Joonmyun's suggestion that you finally give dating a try.

 

Yeonhee was about to tell you that you'll never really know when such things would happen when Kim Jongseo's Beautiful Restriction started playing from your LG Lollipop GD580, indicating that you have an incoming call.

 

"Hello?"

 

 

After two grueling hours of practicing the choreography of Dong Bang Shin Ki's Rising Sun, the male idols-in-training of SM Entertainment spent their 10-minute break time sprawled on the hardwood floor of the cloud room, trying to catch their breath before their dance instructor, Shim Jaewoon, asks them to perform the routine all over again.

 

"Oh! I forgot to tell you. I met someone from Changsha before the party," Yixing said, abruptly getting up to an Indian-style sitting position when he remembered what he was going to say. "I was walking around the mall with Jaemi when-"

 

"Jaemi???" Luhan immediately cut him off.

 

Gently scratching the back of his neck, Yixing replied, "Yeah, she was with me when I-"

 

"Jaemi? Our Jaemi?" Jongin interrupted.

 

"Yeah, she's the only 'Jaemi' I know-" the forgetful Chinese boy affirmed.

 

Kevin slightly propped himself up with the support of his elbows and turned to his friend. "But I thought you watched a movie before the party?" he asked, his thick left eyebrow arching up as he waited for Yixing's explanation.

 

"We did," Yixing confirmed, wiping the sweat beads off his neck with a white towel. "Jaemi and I went to see Hello Stran-"

 

"You watched a movie together?!?" Minseok asked.

 

"Just the two of you?!?" Chanyeol chimed in.

 

"Jaemi Yixing date?!?" Zitao added.

 

Joonmyun wondered why you forgot to mention about your supposed movie date with Yixing when the two of you had a little heart-to-heart chat yesterday. After you confirmed that you, indeed, fancy Yixing, he thought you'd also share this sort of information with him. "Can we please let Yixing finish first?" he suggested, twisting the bottle cap off his bottle of water. "You can all bombard him with questions after."

 

"So, as I was saying- what was I saying again- Ah! I saw someone from Changsha that afternoon-"

 

"Wait! Hyung! Tell us the part about Jaemi first," Youngho insisted.

 

"Yeah, that part's more interesting," Moonkyu nodded.

 

Although his only intention was to tell the others the story of how he unexpectedly met a fellow Changsha native in Seoul, Yixing gave in to the pressure and told his friends about his impromptu movie date with you. "Well, as I've said, we watched a movie together, but it wasn't planned at all. We just bumped to each other while queuing for tickets," he explained.

 

"What movie did you watch?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Hello Stranger. The one about two Thai nationals touring Seoul," Yixing answered.

 

While his hyungs were interrogating Yixing about you and the movie, Sehun was lying comfortably on the only couch in the practice room, reading a shonen manga. Although he appears to be engrossed by the incredibly-illustrated fight scene, the maknae really couldn't focus on what he was reading because he was secretly listening to his hyungs' current topic of discussion.

 

"I want to watch a movie with Jihye too~"

 

Minseok stared at the ceiling, trying to imagine what it feels like to sit beside you best friend in a dimly-lit cinema, and he let out a school girl-like giggle when the thought of 'accidentally' holding Jihye's hand while getting a handful of popcorn suddenly crossed his mind.

 

"Jaemi even cried at one scene," Yixing recalled, but he purposely left out the part where he wiped away your tears, just in case Luhan misunderstands it. "No, it was a montage. It was actually weird why she teared up during that part because it wasn't a sad scene at all, but the sight of her sniffing while fighting back her tears was quite adorable."

 

"Girls do that all the time," Moonkyu claimed.

 

"Yeah, once, I was watching Nonstop with my noonas when Jonghee noona suddenly started sobbing, and when I asked her what was wrong, she said that particular scene reminded her of that time Andy sunbaenim didn't promote with the rest of Shinhwa, and the next thing I know, Jeong-ah noona was crying with her too. It was really weird," Jongin shared.

 

"I love that show!" Luhan exclaimed.

 

Sehun looked up from his manga. "Nonthtop wath aired in China?"

 

"Yeah, through Arirang TV," Kevin answered, completely lying down on the floor again. "They showed it in Canada as well, but it was eventually replaced by another sit-com. A relatively old one. What was it called? The one with Song Seunghon and Shin Dongyup?"

 

"Three Guys and Three Girls?" Minseok quickly guessed, getting up from the floor as he spoke. When Kevin confirmed that it was, indeed, the sit-com he was referring to, the Baozi-cheeked boy even performed a little victory dance to celebrate his correct answer.

 

Kyungsoo then nudged the muscular Chinese boy lying beside him, checking whether or not he has already fallen asleep on the hardwood floor out of exhaustion. When the boy opened his eyes, your sunbae decided to ask him if he also watched a couple of Korean shows on Chinese television. "What about you, Zitao? Which Korean shows did you watch when you were in China?"

 

"Korean TV?" Zitao asked.

 

"Yeah, what do you like watching?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

Beaming, the panda-eyed boy suddenly got up from the floor and started declaring his love for the Korean drama My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and its heroine, who was played by Shin Min Ah, completely forgetting that only th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter