Chapter 3 – Supermarkets

Can My Heart Be Healed?

Walking to my mail box didn’t take long. It was only a turn around the corner which barely took a minute. I opened my mailbox and grabbed whatever was it.

Fido, boring. Rogers, boringgg. Hydropump, why are these all payments?!?

I shoved the envelopes into my purse and walked frustrated to the supermarket which took around 7 minutes.

I’m so lucky to live so close to a supermarket! I thought.

If I were to go to the next supermarket, it would take nearly half an hour. And that’s only if the traffic was fast. By the time I came back, I would have fainted!

 

I walked through the door and took a small cart. It was red and about the size of a printer which made it kind of cute. I was too busy thinking about what to buy that I didn’t notice a guy in front of me. I continued walking and bumped into him, letting out a yelp and a small jump backwards. He turned and faced me.

“Ah, I’m so sorry! So sorry! I was busy daydreaming and I wasn’t looking where I was going and-“

“Shhhh” he whispered and pointed to the people around us.

I didn’t realize how loud I was talking. I turned around and apologized to the people around me. Then, I turned back to him and apologized again, this time in a smaller voice. “Sorry~”

“It’s okay. Hey…aren’t you from my school?” he asked curiously.