Chapter 17 – Introducing Myself As Who?

Can My Heart Be Healed?

My ideas are so URGHHH and my story is SOOO CONFUSING, isn't it??? I've tried my best to make sense and I'm currently trying to add spice to the story.  Please support me TT^TT 

-- One spoiler --

I was silently waiting for the pain. But instead of slapping me, they let go of my hair as I collapse onto the ground again. My head was spinning around, in pain, but I wanted to know why they didn’t slap me. Opening my eyes slowly...Someone stood near the door...

"Stop it! Is this the behaviour you treat your classmate?" 

They froze, “O-oppa”

“I’m not your oppa,” he came over and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and knees. “Move.” He glared at the girls. They shuffled aside and let him pass.

“Tch, ” someone whispered.

He turned around. “And, never call me oppa again. If I ever catch you doing this again, I will kill you es.”

They gasped and glared at us leaving. We were out of the washroom but I could still hear the kicking against the walls and people swearing. My head was hurting too much. Dizziness overcame me as I fainted in his arms.

_____________________________________________________________________

I hid behind the wall and squeezed my eyes to get a closer look. He was sitting with his friends Chanyeol, Tao, and Suho. Kai walked up behind and startled me.

“Boo!” I jumped around and almost fell. Kai instantly reacted and swiftly caught me by the waist. “Are you okay? Who are you hiding from?” His body was really close and I could feel the heat rising up to my face. I pushed him away and turned around to make sure Baekhyun didn’t see me. He didn’t even notice me, I sighed.

Kai peered over my shoulder and saw what I was looking at. Who is he?

“That's...my boyfriend, Baekhyun." I looked at Kai's blank face becoming shocked.

“Why is he here? Did you call him?”

“Why would I call him when I’m having dinner with you; plus, I’m your girlfriend right now babo!”

“How are you gonna hide?”

I blinked, then grinned at Kai. “Maybe you can hide me?”

“Hey, wouldn’t it be awkward for a girl to sneak behind me? People will stare.”

“I don’t care if people stare as long as Baekhyun can’t see me. Plus, you owe me a big one because of this.”

“Fine, but if you get caught I’m not helping you.” He mocked me.

“Yeah, whatever. Which table are your parents at?”

“Table 14, the V.I.P. table all the way in the back.”

“Good.” I confirmed yet again to make sure Baekhyun wasn’t looking in the direction of the door. “K, now go!” I tailed Kai as we went towards the table. I snuck behind Kai, but my hair kept flowing around and my outfit was a bit too exaggerated so people kept looking at us. Also because we were heading to the V.I.P. table.

We finally reached the table and I had to stand beside him to introduce myself. He stood on the right while I stood on the left to make sure I wasn’t seen.

“Hello, Kim Jong In. How have you been? I haven’t seen you in a while. Oh, and this young lady here must be your girlfriend. Now, care to tell us how you got this lady to be your girlfriend? Did you pay her?” A man in his mid-50’s said. He was properly dressed in black attire and looked like a serious-minded person. How did such a serious person get such a player son?

“Ani, appa. You know I wouldn’t lie.”

“Mmhmm, really?”

“Oh, stop it you two. This lady is probably scared right now, see? She’s standing really straight. Now, don’t scare her anymore.” She slapped her husband’s shoulder. “You should be happy that our son even got a serious girlfriend for once!”

She turned to me and ushered me to take a seat across from her. Kai took a seat beside me. I was going to introduce myself but got interrupted by his mother.

“So, what’s her name? How did you guys meet? An accidental meeting or a coincidence? Or, was it fate? Outside? In a club-”

“Umma, calm down. Her name’s Xiu Jin and we’re in the same class. We met outside. I accidentally bumped into her, and I treated her to food in exchange for ruining her essay. Right, Xiu Jin?”

She bombarded us with questions so I was glad Kai stopped her.

“Ah, n-ne…” I stuttered as I looked over Kai’s shoulders. And there, I saw it. Baekhyun has finally noticed me because of all the staring and whispering.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” His mother asked me as concern took over her face.

“Umm…nothing.” I answered, still looking at Baekhyun who was staring straight into my eyes. I turned back and forced my view to focus on his parents as Baekhyun was still watching me. His friends whispered around him, loud enough for him to hear. But he just kept looking, not altering his eyes.

We continued talking and I had to keep making up me and Kai’s past for ten minutes. We ordered food while I was laughing at funny stories of Kai which his mother told. It turns out that he used to cry every time he heard lightning.

“Yah, why’re you telling her stories about me?” His face was bright red. “Isn’t the food arriving yet?” He asked a waitress.

“Are you guys really a couple? If so, let’s see you guys kiss.” His father requested.

I froze and enlarged my eyes. Kai was surprised too as he exclaimed “Bwoh?”

“You guys are a couple so kissing shouldn’t be a first, right?”

My eyes still stayed widen as Kai said “Uh…actually, um, we haven’t had out first kiss yet.” He said while scratching his neck.

His father didn’t seem surprised at all. “So? Just have your first kiss now then.”

“But, it’s um, embarrassing.” I said softly.

His dad glared at him and asked “Are you sure you guys are a couple?”

Kai gulped. He twisted my shoulders to face his as he leaned in and kissed me on the lips. My eyes were as wide as they possibly could be and I just froze, not knowing what to do. I totally forgot about Baekhyun until I saw him behind Kai again. The only difference was, now his eyes were widened. He stood up, placed a fifty dollar bill on the table and walked away as his friends chased after him.

I stayed there frozen as tears rushed out my eyes. Kai noticed me and stopped. “Why are you crying? I'm sorry I kissed you without permission. ” He noticed that I wasn't listening. He followed my eyes and realized what had happened. He hugged me and whispered “I’m sorry…” His mother sat there with her hand placed on her forehead. His father sighed and looked over to me with worried eyes.

I pushed Kai off me and ran after Baekhyun. I looked all over the place, across the streets, everywhere nearby. I couldn’t find him. I was left crying on the streets out loud. People whispered as they walked passed me wondering if I had just been dumped by my boyfriend. That would happen now, wouldn’t it…

I returned home and was restless. Unlike last time; this time I slept without shredding a single tear drop, too exhausted to think.