Chapter 11 – Making Lay like Me

Can My Heart Be Healed?

THANK YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORTING ME. DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE. I will continue to do my best!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked up and saw Lay. “Oh, Annyoung. Sorry I bumped into you.”

“Don’t act like you’re familiar to me or something.” He looked at behind me. “Here comes trouble.” He sighed as Luhan ran up to us.

“You should watch where you’re running, Xiu. Are you okay?” He looked around me for any signs of bruises.

“What about me? You care about her but not your best friend?” Lay shouted. He turned and walked away.

“Lay..." I turned back to Luhan. "I’m okay. How about you? You seem short of breathe.”

“I’m okay. Now, let’s go.” He pulled my hand and walked towards to school entrance. I stared at his hand holding mine. This is skin ship…what should I do? He turned and saw me staring at his hand. He quickly let go. “Mianhe” He blushed and looked away.

“It’s okay.”

We continued walking and we separated to go to our lockers. I took whatever I needed and headed to class. I looked at my timetable. So…Lay’s in my science class, huh?

Classes:  |  Who’s In the Class So Far (That I Know)

Science   |  Me, Luhan, Lay, Taemin, Minho, Leeteuk, IU, JR, Oh Won Bin,G.na

English    |  Me, Luhan, (Girl I previously thought I saw with Baekhyun), Xiu Min (Surprisingly, our names sound so identical. That's the only reason why I remember his name), Baekhyun

Math        |  Me, Luhan, Kris, IU, Su Ho, D.O.

Gym        |   Me, Luhan, Baekhyun, Se Hun

In Science class, we had a new assignment. We handed in our essays.

“Ne, class is starting. Remember if you do not hand in your assignment today, you will be deducted 10% off of it.”

Everyone groaned. I even heard someone swear, but we were in the back so the teacher didn’t hear it. The teacher called us with our partners. “Taemin with Minho, Key with Hara, Yoona with Leeteuk, IU with Luhan, Bora with JR, Rania with Kahi, Oh Won Bin with G.na, and Xiu Jin with Lay.”

I was troubled. What? Me? With Lay? Such bad luck! But, he hates me! I just need to make him like me then.

Classmates moved to who they were partnered up with. I looked for Lay but he just sat there on his desk not moving.

Was I supposed to walk over? But I’m the girl here. That’s mean. I stood up and walked to his desk. He totally ignored me. “Ah-hem.”

He looked up and looked back down. “Where am I supposed to sit? I ask him. He just shrugged his shoulders.  I took a chair and sat beside him. “So about this proje-“ Lay interrupted. “I just hope I’m not doing all the work.” He looked at me cautiously. “Ani! I’m gonna help out too.” He kept writing down stuff pretended I wasn't there. What am I supposed to do…

Luhan noticed what was happening. He walked to me and asked to speak with me outside. I nodded and walked outside with him. “Is Lay ignoring you? If you want, I can switch spots with you, if that helps. He’s probably mad because I didn’t care much for him when you ran into him.”

“No,no. I’m okay. He just doesn’t tell me what to do, but it’s alright! I’ll work hard and make him not hate me.” I noticed IU was watching us with a pout on her face. Maybe she likes Luhan.

Luhan slowly nodded and went back into the classroom. I followed after him. I sat back down with Lay.

“So what? You’re going switch partners now?” He said that while still writing stuff down.

“No! I told him I wanted to work with you.” I smiled as he turned his head towards me. “Can you tell me what to do? Maybe I can help out some way.”

He thought for a while. “Maybe you can…search up when a black hole is able to explode.

I nodded. “Yes, captain!”

“Don’t call me that. Just call me Lay.”

“Ne, Lay oppa” He started blushing and turned back to his paper.

Yes, he doesn’t hate me now! I said inside my head. Luhan could probably tell my plan succeeded. He smiled to me as I did a cheese pose to him. (The one with two fingers)