Home, sweet home

Where were you last night?

[A/N: I would like to take time to thank all my subscribers and readers. I have the most stupid grin on my face when I read the comments. <3 And I would like to apologize in advance for a boring chapter. But it's necessary to get the story going to the important parts. Bear with me, please!]

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes as I was literally forced to. The sun shining in my eyes didn’t really let me continue my sweet dream. Wait, what? Hold that though. I had a dream about Sehun. Wait, WHAT?

What is this? I remember passing out. I was sitting against the wall. But right now I was lying on the bed with a blanket on me. Wow, I sure have some skills, I thought. While I was trying to stretch every sign of sleepiness out of my body, my leg touched something. I lifted myself up and supported my upper body on my elbows. My jaw dropped at the sight.

Lay was lying on his left side, his knees under his chin and his hands packed against his chest. I just sat there and observed him. Without even noticing, I slowly climbed closer to him. Why wasn’t he comfortably sleeping in his own bed? Or why is he on the one I slept in? I took the same huge blanket, that was around me when I woke up and covered Lay with it instead.

As for the next step, I really hesitated at first, but eventually I found myself lying next to him, I rested my head on my hands and continued observing. I’ll be getting the new keys today. I’d have to go back. My glance moved from Lay to the wall behind him, as I realized, that all my cash is stolen. How on earth am I going to pay my rent then? I groaned angrily and when I looked at Lay again, his eyes were wide open.

„WAAAH!“ I fell backwards from the surprise and watched as he hit his head on the footboard from the shock he got from my reaction. Forgetting the awkwardness of the situation, I scooted closer to Lay, giving him a worried look. He held his head with both of his hands, trying to endure the pain and groaned quietly.

„Are you okay?“ I carefully asked. Lay gave me a quick look and sighed.

„Yes, I’m alright. Geez, do you always react like that?“ He frowned a bit.

“I’m sorry, you scared me,” I mumbled.

“No, darling, you scared me.” he laughed at his own words as I felt the awkwardness disappear.

"Why didn't you sleep in your bed?"

"I must have fallen alseep here, I thought I'd keep an eye on you." he nervously said. I smiled at him but quickly remembered that it was about time to get my sorry back home.

“I’m going to call the landlady today before it gets too late again,” I tried to look lighthearted while saying it but I knew, that I didn’t want to leave. Even Lay sighed.

“Let’s eat breakfast first. Or brunch?” he peeked at the clock on the nightstand and so did I.  It was noon.

“Brunch.” We both agreed.

We left the room and at the end of the hallway we could see that everyone else were already there. Kai saw us walking towards them together and gave us a weird look, then quickly looked away. I decided to greet everyone.

“Good morning, did you sleep well?”

I heard most of the guys happily responding with nods and waves. Kai didn’t answer though. Neither did Sehun.

“Have you guys eaten yet?” Lay lightly said.

“It’s in the fridge.” said Sehun while grabbing a bottle of water and went into his room.

Lay walked to the fridge and took out the salad Sehun made and served both me and him brunch. I sat beside Kai and observed his face. He looked really tired, he had massive bags under his eyes.

“Did you sleep well?” I asked him but realized that it’s a dumb question. I had to say something anyway. Kai just shrugged his shoulders while gazing his fingernails.

“I’m sorry I woke you up earlier.” I really was sorry. Kai looked at me and smiled sincerely.

“It’s no big deal, really” he said. He was really pretty when he smiled. I wished he would do it more often. Kai’s smile dropped when he heard Lay call out for me.

“Come on now, let’s eat!” he beckoned me to the kitchen.

“I’m coming!” I shouted back to him and gave Kai a final look.

 

After I was done eating brunch, I called the landlady. Since I live there alone, she had a spare key to hand out right away. I was happy to be able to go back home but I didn’t want to leave these guys. I had this weird feeling that if our roads part now, we’ll never be able to meet like this again. Maybe I was paranoid. I told the guys that I'd go home.

“Do you have to leave now?” Chanyeol asked with a pout.

“Don’t worry, we’ll see each other again, right?” Even I myself wasn’t sure about it.

Lay appeared by my side and put an arm around me. “Yeah, we’ll invite you over. Let’s have a movie night together or something?”

I nodded. I bid everyone goodbye and Lay walked me to the door. We stood there, without saying a word for a while.

“Could you at least give me your number so I could call you?” I could feel sadness in his voice.

“You know, I don’t have a phone right now, so…”

“Oh, silly me,” he laughed “What about an email address?”

After giving him my email address, I was starting to leave when he pulled me back to give me a hug.

“Please take care of yourself and be more careful, alright?”

I nodded and left.

 

When I got home, I unlocked the door and threw my useless bag on the floor, took off my shoes and dragged myself to my laptop.

„Did you miss me, huh? You sure got to rest a lot.“ I mumbled to my laptop while I turned it on.

I used to like living here by myself, that was what I needed. But now, when I looked around in my empty apartment, it didn’t look as cozy anymore. It seemed cold and empty. I took a shower and changed my clothes afterwards. I had spent way too much time with those clubbing clothes.

When I put on an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants, I subconsciously took the edge of the shirt, brought it up to my nose and smelled it. Boring. Some flower sensation washing powder effect. I wish it smelled like Kai. I logged onto MSN and tried to reach Hyuna. She had already sent me about a hundred offline messages. All of them about being worried and asking about where I am and what happened. I wrote her a quick summary of everything and closed the messenger. I wasn’t in the mood. I was lying on the couch, reliving everything in my head until I fell asleep.