Disappointment

Where were you last night?

 

[A/N: Hello my sweet readers! I didn't update for a few days, I was on an island without any wifi, I'm sincerely sorry if that affected anyone. In return I'm planning a big juicy double update today. I seriously hope you like it. 

iprincesscasey- I'm glad to hear that! But that only keeps things interesting, doesn't it?

Cshinmi- Haha, oh yes! I'm too into writing about all the planned stuff that I think I'm doing the Kris's special chapter a bit later, if that's okay?

panzym- Thank your so much for your support <3. About the song, it is. But nothing in this world is permanent. Even break-ups aren't.

Delly_BoiBBC- Is that so? You'll like this chapter then n____n

yeollikeabuffalo- My god, I love your username. More than that I love being a cliffhanger. And even more than that I love ALL CAPS RAGEEEES! 

I'm a bit worried about this chapter. I'm not sure if you'll like the way I handled it. I'd appreciate if I got some feedback. AND NOTHING IS CERTAIN IN THIS STORY. YOUR COMMENTS TEND TO CHANGE THE FUTURE PATH OF THIS STORY. SPAM THE OUT OF THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW and maybe she will end up with the one you kindly spammed. Over and out.]

 

 

 

I woke up with a rough sigh and stretched myself. For some reason I didn’t sleep well. While stretching, I felt a warm hand beneath mine. Due to being still a bit dizzy from the sleepiness, I didn’t even take time to think and squeezed the hand.

Wait, what?

Why does this always happen to me? Why can’t I regain my consciousness right after waking up?

Letting out another sigh, I opened my eyes and took a look at the hand. I wasn’t wrong, it indeed was a hand. I then took a look at the owner of the hand. You know, you can’t tell guys apart by their haircuts, they’re all just short. The guy was sitting on the floor with his head on the edge of my bed, one hand reaching out toward me.

Could it be?

I slightly nudged the head so it could roll on the side. I was right again. It was Lay. This was the second time I had woken up with him sleeping somewhere around me, god knows why.

„Lay...?“ I almost whispered. His hand twitched but he remained asleep. I nudged him harder and raised my voice.

„LAY? What are you doing on my bed?“

He moved a bit and finally woke up. It took time for him to fully understand what’s going on, but when he did, he woke up immediately. His eyes were wide opened and he shot glares to every side of the room.

„Yah!“ I snapped him out of his trance. „Are you listening to me? What are you doing here?“

For a second, there was a sad look in his eyes as his gaze slowly shifted to the floor. Slowly, he grabbed his head and groaned.

„I’m sorry.“ He simply said. By that time, I suddenly remembered that we left him at that bar yesterday. Guilt and worry immediately took over.

„Shhhhiit! Lay, are you okay? When did you go home yesterday?“ I had unconsciously crawled closer to him to examine his current state.

“Ahhh!” he seemed to have a quite severe hangover. “I don’t know, I’m sorry I bothered you.” He started standing up. He was heavily frowning, probably trying to endure the pain that way. Quickly I grabbed his arm with both of my hands and pulled him on the bed. I must have miscalculated. I used my full force to get him back on the bed but I didn’t think about his hangover making him weaker than he usually is. That’s how he ended up, lying on my bed, still frowning but now having a quite puzzled look on his face. And that’s how I ended up resting my hand on his chest because I accidentally flew on top of him from the exaggerated pull. I felt Lay’s heart pound at a fast pace and I had to admit, so did mine.

“Uh…” I had to make the situation comfortable again. If I didn’t make it seem like it’s no biggie then Lay is going to take this too seriously too. I sighed before I continued.

“Just sleep in my bed, okay? I guess you didn’t get much sleep, after all you were basically sitting on the floor the whole night.”

Poor Lay was still frowning but after a while he nodded in agreement. I turned my head to look at my hand still lying on his chest, still feeling his heartbeat. For reasons unknown I didn’t want to take my hand off at all, but I had to. I had to curse myself in my thoughts for acting like a fool in this situation. Before I could control my movements, my hand literally slid its way across Lay’s firm stomach, begging for the contact to continue. Lay’s body stiffened under my touch as he held his breath, trying to figure out what the hell am I doing. Even I didn’t know the answer to that question; I just stood up and left the room. I felt so sorry for Lay as I knew how bad hangovers feel, so I decided to get him some water and sandwiches. I’ve heard that people eat soup with hangovers but that never really worked out for me.

When I was slicing tomatoes in the kitchen, I heard footsteps.

“Good morning.” I heard Luhan softly say.

“Oh! Good morning, Lulu! Slept well?” I started a casual chat as I continued to make the most delicious sandwiches I could think of.

“I guess. I didn’t sleep much, though.” He sighed. When I took a look at his face, he really looked like he didn’t get any sleep last night.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, getting worried.

“It’s just that Lay got a bit too drunk and we had to deal with that.” He quietly said. “Poor guy, I bet he feels terrible right now. Where is he anyway? He’s not in any of the rooms. He clearly told me he’s coming back home!” Luhan got scared at his own thought.

“Don’t worry, he’s in my room…” I started calming him down, instead his eyes widened.

YOUR ROOM? May I ask why did he sleep in your room?”

“Calm down, he just fell asleep there, that’s all.” I calmed him down once again. Although I still didn’t know the reason of Lay's weird sleeping habbit. Then something hit me.

“Luhan…? You left before I even got to the bar. And Lay stayed behind after I left. When exactly did you take care of Lay?” I interrogated him. He was clearly annoyed at himself messing up and emotionlessly told the story.

“I went to look for him in the morning, he wasn’t still back. Instead he was wandering around the streets, drunk out of his mind. He told me that he’s coming back but I didn’t see him in any of the beds in the morning. Then again, I didn’t think of checking your room.” Luhan swallowed nervously and left the kitchen to go to the restroom. I thought about it and something seemed fishy. I took a plate with the sandwiches and a bottle of water and took them to my room. After I put the things on my nightstand, I looked at Lay. He seemed to have fallen asleep already. He was curled into a ball and it looked like he was uncomfortable. I noticed that he had his jacket still on. I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Lay…” I softly said. He slightly moved his head toward me but didn’t look at me.

“You’re still wearing your jacket. Do you want to wear something more comfortable?” I asked. I barely noticed him nodding.

“I’ll bring you something.” I simply said and asked Luhan for some comfortable clothes. When I returned to the room, Lay was already out of the bed. Not only that he had taken off his jacket, his shirt was also off. I stared at his for a few seconds and felt myself blushing.

“Your stuff.” I said, trying to keep my cool. He turned to me and grabbed the clothes. He put the wifebeater on right in front of me. My mind traced back to the moment when my hand was resting on his chest. Oh god, it’s too difficult not to think of it.

I must have spaced off, because suddenly he was in bed, covering his face with his hands. I regained my sanity and sat on the bed.

“I made you some sandwiches, and here, I bet you’re thirsty!” I handed him the bottle of water that I had brought.

He sat up and looked at me, completely confused.

“Why are you here?” he asked.

I felt like something stab my heart. It sounded like he didn’t want me there.

“I’m sorry, I’ll just leave…” I mumbled as I stood up from the bed. He stared at the floor and silently started talking.

“It’s not like that. It’s just that … I look terrible and I’m probably annoying at my current state, why would you want to be here?” he lay down again and pulled the blanked all the way to his chin.

“Pabo.” I said. I like taking care of you. “If there’s anything you need, just let me know. Call me or something. I’ll be in the living room.” I smiled and left. When I closed the door, I saw Sehun in the hallway.

“So you and Lay, huh?” he meaningfully said.

“Uh, what?” My heart literally fell a few floors down. I pushed him further from the room. “Keep it down, will ya, he’s sleeping there.” I tried to find an excuse for the sudden escape.

“What are you talking about?” I continued. I couldn’t tell if my face looked pale as hell or I was blushing madly. I felt pretty numb from the shock of seeing him in a very wrong timing.

“Lay was sleeping in your room.” He said. I tried to find the right words not to make it sound wrong in any way possible.

“I woke up and he was there, not next to me though. I don’t know, he was really drunk, nothing happened anyway!” I quickly explained. Then I saw a grin form on his face.

“How cute, you’re in denial!” he said with a mischievous smirk.

Denial?

“Let’s go to the balcony, I need to talk to you anyway.” He said as he dragged the dumbfound mess of myself with him. He closed the door and leaned his hands on the edge of the balcony. I didn’t want to understand what was going on. I indeed was in denial in a way.

“You and Lay.” He repeated his words. “What’s going on between the two of you?” he asked with a calm smile.

“N-nothing, why are you asking something like that?” I muttered. He looked at me and observed my expression.

“You know, I’ve thought of you a lot these past few days.” He looked me right in the eyes. I felt my heart skip a few beats and go all whacko. I just waited for him to continue.

“I reallllly like you. You know that? I feel so relaxed with you.” He chuckled “I’m still sorry for being a at first, I was too judgmental. Again, sorry.”

“It’s nothing…” I mumbled it, as it almost heard like one word.

“And I’ve thought about you and the times we’ve spent together.” He continued.

My god, this is it, right? He’s asking me out???

“I felt as if the way you acted toward me, didn’t seem like just friends level for me. Am I right or am I right?” he once again smiled and I felt myself relax. I didn’t know what else to do, I just nodded.

“So the thing is…” he paused. I felt like my body was on fast forward, blood rushing in my veins and heart pumping ever so quickly.

“I can’t take you as anything else than just friends. I’m sorry, sweetheart. I really enjoy spending time with you, but when I was completely sure that you had misunderstood me, I wanted to make things clear as quickly as possible. It’s for your own good. “

I heard the front door close. Did Lay leave already? He was in bed just a minute ago. I felt tears blurring my vision, but I didn’t want to cry just yet.

“You’ll be okay, right?” Sehun asked as he wiped a tear that accidentally escaped. “I guess I’ll leave you alone then. I’m sorry, I really am.” He said as he left me alone.

I stood there, I didn’t even move. I didn’t breathe. I stared at one stupid point on the wall and felt tears stream down my cheeks. As I ran out of breath, I gasped. It literally hurt. Feelings aren’t supposed to physically hurt, but I swear to god, it hurt this time. I was disappointed in myself. I had imagined all of this? Was I in a trance this all time? My legs were wobbly and I felt so unstable. I felt a familiar scent. I turned my head to the balcony door and saw Kai standing there. He ran to the TV and turned it on pretty loudly. He quickly walked back to the balcony and closed the curtains so the balcony felt like a private, safe place now. He stepped next to me and locked the balcony door.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and I already felt a bit better.

“It’s okay, darling. Just let it all out.” Kai soothingly said and my hair. But I couldn’t let anything out. I felt so numb. Occasionally, I gasped for air and a few tears rolled down my cheeks but that was it. The pain replaced with a numb feeling soon.

“Please say something, I’m really worried right now.” Kai nervously said.

“How do I look?” I said. My voice sounded emotionless and I bet my face was emotionless too. Kai carefully wiped my tears and cupped my face.

“Silly, why would you ask me something like that?” Kai’s eyes looked really worried, but I ignored it. I wiped every single teardrop that was left on my face and opened the balcony door.

“Thank you, Kai.” I said as I left.

It still hurt. I’m never going to trust my instincts again.