Flashback, part 2

Where were you last night?

[A/N: Sorry for being away for a while, due to work and graduation. I'm back now, if anyone cares. Thank you for sticking with me <3

@shesback- I honestly don't know. Lol. 

Over and out]

 

 

 

*Flashback*

Hyuna’s POV

 

Kris dragged me through the crowded nightclub, all the way to the exit. He didn’t say anything. I didn’t resist. When we got to the parking lot, he yanked me a bit, so that I would face him.

“Why did you let these guys touch you like that?“ he insisted with fury all over his face.

“What are you, my mother?“ I spat and immediately felt a bitter feeling of regret. Nothing seemed to change the expression on Kris’s face though.

“Stop with the bull and just answer, it’s not that difficult.“ He continued without taking his intense gaze off me. If it weren’t for being tired and having a bit alcohol in my system, I would have escaped the situation just fine. But things didn’t go according to plan.

“You want to know why?“ I implored. I felt my heartbeat accelerate and my breaths get heavier. The stinging feeling in my throat was getting unbearable.

“Because being with them means that I’m not alone.” I replied and opened my mouth to continue but the lump in my throat won over me.

No one had ever confronted me about my habits. I never thought about it, I didn’t know majority of the answers to the most important questions about my life.

Thankfully, Kris didn’t look that furious anymore. He still looked very serious, but he didn’t seem to be angry anymore.

“But why are you here?” he tried to seek for answers in my eyes. I wanted to hide them, but for some reasons I just stared back at him. I just let him see the tears in my eyes and the miserable expression on my face.

“I don’t know.” I honestly replied. “I don’t remember when it started.”

“It?” he encouraged me to continue.

“The parties. The annoying guys. Alcohol.” I responded with a lifeless voice and let my eyes lazily drop to the concrete beneath our feet. I suddenly felt him grab my shoulders.

“Why do you hate being alone so much?” he inquired, the demanding tone never leaving his voice. He was getting suspiciously curious and annoying. Was I a part of a reality show where the winner needs to get me to tell him the miserable story of my life? I highly doubt that.

“Why do you keep asking so many questions?” I weakly asked, trying to wiggle myself free from his grasp. Suddenly he turned cautious and loosened his grip.

“Just answer, okay?” he softly said. Something about the way he said it, made my brain turn into a useless pile of goo.

“I’m scared.” I muttered to myself as I surrendered. Anyone would have surrendered after having that intense gaze on their selves for such a long time. I felt Kris’s thumbs slowly caressing my shoulders.

“Why?” he almost whispered. Flashbacks of shattering glass and cold wind took over my brain immediately. I frowned and decided to change the topic.

“Reasons. I’m tired, I’d like to go home now.” I stated as I gently brushed his hands off my shoulders. I walked to the road and raised my hand as I saw a car approaching after a few minutes, thinking it’s a taxi. When the car stopped and I started approaching to it, I saw Kris sitting in the driver’s seat. I stopped in my tracks and just stood there. Kris exited the vehicle and jogged to the other side to open the door to his black Peugeot 407.

“Come on. I’ll take you home.” He said as if it’s already decided. If it weren’t for me being so goddamn sleepy, I wouldn’t have agreed to go with him. I mumbled my address and he quickly typed it in his tomtom. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I swore to myself that I won’t fall asleep, I tried to keep my mind awake and let my body sleep.

 

My eyes flew open at a loud rumble outside. At first I thought that it’s World War III, but after a while I realized that it’s just thunder. I yawned and sleepily ruffled my hair. I remember some bits of what I dreamt of but I was too lazy to remember. I hopped off my bed and lazily dragged my feet to the living room/kitchen and grabbed a glass of water.

“Good morning!” I heard a male voice say. I jolted, almost dropping my glass and turned around. My eyes widened at the sight.

“Who-WHAT? KRIS? What are you doing in my apartment?” I almost yelled. Kris put the newspaper aside and walked up to me.

“Are you alright now?” He asked and slightly squeezed my hand. My jaw dropped.

“Why are you… Did you sleep in my room?” I impatiently inquired.

“I slept on the couch.” Kris calmly replied and I turned my head to look at the blankets and sheets neatly folded in the end of the couch. I turned my gaze back to him and narrowed my eyes at him.

“But what are you doing here?”

“I took you home last night. We both kind of decided that it would be better for me to stay, you woke up at the noise from outside.” His eyes started to scan every inch of my face now. I froze.

 

“Waaaaaaaaaaah? Whatwasthat? WHAT WAS IT?!”

“Hey, calm down, it was only thunder. Are you okay?”

“No. I-I’m…”

“Do you want me to stay?”

 

I asked him to stay last night. I didn’t say it out loud but body language had spoken instead. He had calmed me down yesterday and stayed over. How could I forget?

“Yah.” I tried to get his attention “Why are you looking at me like that?” I carelessly asked. He smiled.

“Because you look so beautiful without make-up.” He said. It took me about 10 milliseconds to realize that I was standing in front of him without make-up and wearing an oversized T-shirt with a text that said that “If you can’t succeed, then smoke some weed”. Although the clothes I wear to the clubs are quite revealing, him seeing my bare legs felt ten times worse. I started to storm off to my room, but Kris put his strong arms around my waist and pressed my body against his.

“Shhhh.” He whispered. “You don’t need make-up right now. It’s only the two of us here.”

I stood in his arms like a limp teddy-bear, lifeless and pointless. I was trying to process his weird actions when he pulled away.

“Seriously though, you should have bedhair and zero make-up as your everyday look.” He smiled.

At that very moment, I started looking at Kris from a different angle. He wasn’t annoying, he was caring. I felt my face turning into an embarrassing shade of pink.

“I’ll just… Uhh… Do you like, I mean would you like some breakfast?”

*End of flashback*

 

Your POV

“That’s about it.” Hyuna gave me an uneasy smile. “You were busy with your boys all the time, so Kris spent time with me.”

I felt really guilty at that time. I never knew Hyuna hated being alone that much. I regretted the fact that she was always the one who called me.

“I’m sorry, Hyuna…” I whispered. She squeezed my hand and gave me a genuine smile.

“It’s okay! I would have never gotten close to Kris if it weren’t for the situation we were in. I should be thanking you. Besides, we can visit you guys with Kris a lot now!”

I felt a bit relieved but the guilt never left.

“Hey, but why are you scared of being alone? I never knew about that.” I asked. She looked a bit uncomfortable and opened to speak but we were interrupted.

“Yeol wants to see you.” Kai told carelessly and left. I took a deep breath. I knew what I had to do.