Bonds

Where were you last night?

 

[A/N: READERS! I LOVE YOU! *w* 

@inspirit-beauty- Ship with ALLLLLLL THE IDOLS!

@panzym- It's really nice to see you ship her with everybody. It makes me less worried about your reactions to th outcome. Mwahh!

@n11n33- IT IS. Reality check - I have 4 nr1 biases in EXO. Aish, molla. 

@Cshinmi- Heck yes! Or atleast one of them! Any of them!

@Delly_BoiBBC- I guess you don't have to be curious anymore. Or do you? I don't want to spoil everything.

@shesback- Oh gosh I want that to happen to me too! But well... yes. I think guys should read more stuff that we do. Like if his gf was into kpop, I'd secretly read a ff she once read. There's so many hints on what we'd secretly wish. And that one sentence isn't too much to ask, :'( Btw I've found myself acting LIKE THE CHARACTERS IN FICS lately. Kind of creepy. But I know that when I give out my everything, only then it's fair to wait for something in return. Like how I have my makeup on every day. Enough of the -shat. Your comments are fine, don't worry. The longer the better, huhahahaha.

Indeed, enough of the -shat]

 

 

I got a job at a travel agency. I just pick up the phone and make reservations but I’ll get paid for it and I won’t be a nuisance to Luhan. The other guys aren’t around all the time, but they visit very often. Usually I’d goof around with Chanyeol. He’s like my best friend right now. Male best friend. He’ll never replace Hyuna though. I’d talk to him for HOURS before going to bed, complain about things I’ve been holding in. He’s a great listener. He also told me a lot of funny stories about the other guys.

There’s one person who is even closer to me than Chanyeol. I’m happy, that Luhan asked me to live at his place, I know him so well, that he feels like he’s family. I can goof around and not worry about how I act. I still like sitting on the kitchen counter and he never asks me to get off.

I was watching a variety show with Luhan, when his phone rang. I didn’t pay attention to his phone call until he told me that the guys are coming over the next day. I couldn’t hide my happiness and he just laughed at my reaction. I was excited to see them all again, I couldn’t even sleep properly.

Finally, after falling asleep several times only to wake up again, it was morning. Since it was Saturday and I didn’t have to go to work, I started getting ready. I wasn’t even going to leave the house, so why am I getting ready? Silly, I know, but I wanted to look good for them. Any other girl would do the same. I kicked the blanket off and headed to the shower.

I got used to my new room quickly. It was nothing special, but knowing that it was my room and I didn’t have to leave this place, made it cozier than my previous home could ever be.

When I was fully dressed, made my hair and dyed my nails, I skipped down the stairs. Luhan noticed my mood and smiled.

„Hey there sunshine! How come you’re never that excited when it’s the two of us, huh?“ he teased. I just let puffs of air out of my mouth, trying to snap back to him. I failed big time, I looked like a retard.

„Calm down, I was just kidding!“ Luhan laughed.

 

When we heard the doorbell, the both of us went to greet the guys. Chanyeol gave me a bear  hug, as always. Lay smiled sweetly, so did Kai. Sehun casually said „Hi“, but that’s an achievement so I don’t complain. Kris wasn’t with them this time, though.

„Hey, where’s Kris?“ I asked all of them.

„He said he had some business back there. He didn’t say a word about it, though.“ Kai shrugged.

Kai, Chanyeol and Lay went to the kitchen with Luhan, so I stood there with Sehun. I swallowed carefully, trying not to make a sound. I had no idea how to start a conversation with him. I prayed for a sign. Something. ANYTHING! And that’s when Sehun took his jacket off and hanged it near the door.  When I saw his t-shirt, my jaw dropped to the ground. It had to be it. It had to be the sign. He had a white shirt on, that had a triangle on it. It was split in the middle with a stripe.

THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS!??“ I gasped. Sehun slowly turned to me and his lips turned into a wide grin.

„You like them too!?“ he asked with his eyes sparkling ever so sweetly. In a split second, the awkwardness between us was lost, as we started a conversation about music; it felt like neither of us could stop.

„Umm...“

I snapped out of my haze as Chanyeol was awkwardly standing in the doorway. He looked shocked.

„I, uhh...“ he stuttered and sighed. Then he smiled and looked normal all of a sudden.

„I’m sorry, we were getting worried about the two of you. We’re all in the living room, if you need us.“ He left like that.

Sehun looked at me and started laughing at the awkward sight of Chanyeol.

„Come on, let’s go to the living room then.“ He stated and grabbed my wrist.

He grabbed my wrist.

And pulled me to the living room with him.

„Lay, she likes Thirty Seconds To Mars too!“ Sehun proudly shouted and pointed at me with his free hand. Lay’s gaze shifted from Sehun to me. To our hands. And then back to Sehun. Finally he smiled lightly. Sehun sat on a couch as I just stood there.

„What are you waiting for, sit down!“ he laughed and patted on the space next to him. I hesitated but sat down. It was kind of scary to see Sehun being so bright, I felt like he’s pulling a prank on me or something. When Sehun saw how stiff I was, he leaned a bit closer and quietly spoke to me.

„I’m sorry if I was rude to you at the beginning. I’m not really good with beginnings. Hyungs had no problem bonding with you and that made me pretty frustrated. But I’m happy, that we have something in common. It’s way easier for me to get used to you this way.“ He smiled.

I didn’t fully understand him, getting used to me? Beginnings? I dropped the thought and started chatting with Sehun again. I really hoped that he’s going to stay like this. It felt weird to hang around with him in the room while thinking that he has something against me. Which he apparently doesn’t.

At some point, the conversation spread and we were all taking about music now. It was just a light chat.

I felt a hand on mine suddenly and turned to Sehun.

„Hey, wanna listen to this song I found online the other day? The group isn’t very famous but their songs are all great!“ he excitedly said. I couldn’t gather my thoughts as I still felt his warm hand on mine. I just nodded. Sehun took out his phone and connected earphones to it. He put one in my left ear and the other to his right. The song started playing. I didn’t listen to most of the song because my mind was occupied with something else. Accidental skinship with Sehun. He was doing some quirky movements with his hands, I guess you could call it dancing. But his arm brushed against mine. He didn’t even notice, but I did. I got goosebumps all over my body. The sweet, passionate Sehun made my head go upside down, I would have never thought he’d be anything like this.

My head registered all the accidental skinship we had and my head was growing paranoid over this matter. The way he smiled at me made my heart shiver from excitement. I felt like I’ve won the biggest jackpot in my life.

As always, Sehun went home for the night, the others stayed over. But this time, Sehun bid me goodbye with a huge smile on his face and even added a  ’see you soon’ before leaving.

 

Me and Chanyeol had started a tradition of lying in bed and talking at night. It started happening on the very first night we all spent together here. Neither of us felt sleepy so we just talked. About pretty much everything. Cats, stars, school, life. Ever since that night I trust him completely. He was the only one out of the bunch I felt comfortable spilling my heart to.

„Chanyeol?“ I asked. We were already on the bed, having our regular comfy poses. Since we were facing each other, I was trying to lock my eyes with him. Seeing his big innocent eyes always made me feel more comfortable while talking.

„Hm?“ he hummed and finally looked into my eyes.

„What do you think about Sehun’s sudden change today?“ I carefully asked. I knew he wouldn’t go telling him but I just had to be careful. Chanyeol’s eyes turned to the ceiling, as if he was trying to find the answers there.

„Hmmm. What about it?“

„He’s not being cold to me anymore.“ I pointed out the obvious.

„I guess he got used to you then.“ He shrugged.

„Well... But... The amount of skinship. Come on, tell me what you think!“

„Do you think he might like you?“

„Could it be possible?“ I felt my body tense from curiosity.

„Would you want it to be possible?“ Chanyeol looked at me again.

„Why are you, ah... I don’t know. I’m just asking out of curiosity. And you know him better!“

Chanyeol sighed.

„I might know him better, but no one can say stuff like that on behalf of others. You’ll never know what’s going on inside one’s head. You’ll never know until you ask, that is. But sometimes people are like puzzles, waiting to be solved. Not giving out any answers. They just need to be solved.“

So I had to solve Sehun’s puzzle? I sighed.

“Thank you for always listening to me rant.” I smiled at him. “Don’t you ever grow tired of me?”

“Not tired.” He said. “I guess you can say that you’re helping me solve a puzzle.”

“Oh really? What’s your puzzle about?” I asked. He just smiled at first.

“I’ll tell you when it’s solved.” He softly said.