Lay.

Where were you last night?

 

We got out of the apartment and Lay closed the door after us.

"Isn’t anyone else coming?" I asked without managing to hide my surprise.

"No." He simply stated.

"Why?" I frowned. Why did he agree to go around the Old City, looking for my bag?

"Because they," he pointed his thumb back to the direction we came from "are too noisy. After what you’ve been through, I bet you’d like to have some silence to sort out your thoughts."

He really is an angel. Or a saint. I found myself too deep in my thoughts that we didn’t say a single word. He didn’t seem to mind, neither did I.

 

It was the seventh bar already. No luck yet.

"Aishh, it would be so much easier if my phone wasn’t on silent mode" I groaned, feeling embarrassed that Lay had to go through all this with me.

"I’m sorry," I breathed out with my hands lazily hanging on my sides. I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned to see Lay looking at me with a concerned look on his face. "What’s wrong?" I asked. 

"You know," he started "you should stop apologizing for things that aren’t your fault." He suddenly stopped in his tracks and took a hold of my shoulders. "You’re the victim here. Who knows what could have happened if I wouldn’t have taken you to our place."  My eyes widened.

"So it was you?  You... I mean, thank you... Lay." I found my mind to be a tangled mess as I couldn’t find words. Lay simply smiled, but his smile fell as he suddenly frowned.

"By the way," he added,"what are we going to do about what happened to you? Do you want to go to the..."

"MY BAG!" I suddenly screamed, not even listening to what Lay had to say. I quickly grabbed my bag from the wet ground and opened it quickly. My phone wasn’t there. Neither were my keys. I was surprised enough to see my wallet in my bag. I grabbed it and opened it. My ID wasn’t stolen, but all the money inside my wallet was. I stomped my feet to the ground and mumbled curse words to myself.

"Did you lose a lot?" Lay quietly asked. I slowly nodded. It wasn’t probably a big amount for him, but for a girl who lives on her own, it was a big deal. He leaded me back to their apartment by gently holding his hand on my back.

 

I sat down on the longer couch and held my bag in my hands, not knowing what to do next. Lay placed a glass of water in front of me and sat down on a couch opposite of where I was sitting. He entwined his fingers and rested his elbows on his knees. "I didn’t know what kind of juice you like or if you like juice at all. But I hope water is okay."

I nodded and started rotating the glass between my hands.

"I really need to call my friend. I can stay at her parent’s place until I get new keys done. Could I use your phone?" I asked, as I turned my gaze from the glass to Lay. I noticed that his facial features seemed a bit stiffened. He lowered his glance to the floor for a second and then looked at me again.

"You don’t have to. You can stay here. It’s not you’re causing any trouble or anything." He smiled nervously. I couldn’t understand him, why is he acting like this? Suddenly he stood up.

"I’ll be right back."

I watched him as he left for a room too far away for my eyes to reach. I needed to use the toilet. Now where on earth was the toilet? I stood up from the couch and started going to a direction I thought there might be a toilet. While walking, a photo caught my eye. A group photo with many guys on it.

UNFF! I bumped into someone. When I looked up, I immediately recognized the face. Sehun. I stood there with my mouth a bit opened for a while. Seeing him close up got me really noticing his beauty.

"What are you doing?" he asked with no interest in his voice.

"I was looking for the toilet." I tried to keep my voice calm. He raised his arm to point it to the direction behind me. If there were a wall behind my back right now, I’d be pinned to it.

"Right," I slowly turned around and started walking in the direction he pointed out, hoping not to embarrass myself on the way to the loo. On my way out though, I nearly bumped into someone again. I hadn’t met him before. For a moment he looked a bit puzzled, but then a smirk spread on his face.

"You must be that girl." He remarked. The puzzled look spread over to my own face.

"Who are you?"

"I’m one of them, don’t worry."

"What do you mean one of them?"

"The name is Kai." Just like that, he walked away. Little did I know, that as soon as he turned his back on me, his smirk immediately fell and his face looked emotionless and cold now.

I just want to go home.I sighed heavily and thought that today can’t get any worse. At the same time my stomach growled. I sighed once again and headed back to the living room.  I went straight to the couch where I left my bag and held it in my hands while thinking. I’m pretty sure I had some money left on my bank account. It’s embarrassing enough to stay here, I should go and get myself some food.

"Are you planning an escape?" I heard Lay ask from behind me, his breath brushing against my ear. I flinched and turned to face him.

"No, I just wanted to go to the store…"

"I’LL JOIN!" I heard Chanyeol yell and in no time everyone were heading towards the store.

I stood in front of the ‘fast food’ counter, vibrating my leg nervously. I felt ashamed.

"Yah, why didn’t you tell us you’re hungry?" It was Chanyeol. Soon after that, Lay appeared by my side. Not saying a single word, but waiting for an answer.  Fortunately, Kris saved me from the awkward situation.

"I’ll cook." He said, "Let’s buy the beer now and leave."

When we got back to the apartment, I sensed a delicious smell lingering in the air. As I was the only one being surprised, I tried to catch Lay’s eye, hoping to get answers. Thankfully, he saw my puzzled look and explained immediately. "Sehun must have already cooked."

The guys rushed into the kitchen, with me slowly following. As I entered the kitchen, my mouth started instantly watering. I was still too ashamed of the situation so I was literally waiting for someone to give me food, rather than going and just taking some. I saw Sehun throwing the apron on the kitchen table and turning to my direction. He looked at me for a few seconds, then his glance traveled around the kitchen, looking at his hyungs already eating. He took his plate and left. I noticed, that the guy from before was staring me. Then he quickly looked at a point behind me and continued eating. I was about to turn around when I heard Lay’s soft voice.

"You’re still not eating."

I looked at him, deciding on what to reply when he gave me a plate with food already on it. He smiled and sat next to me. Without looking at anything but the plate, I started eating.

 

"I need  to call the landlady to ask her for a new key." I said to Lay after we finished eating. He shook his head in disagreement. "It’s too late. You better do it tomorrow." For a reason unknown he had a victorious smile plastered on his face. I couldn’t really say ‘no’ since I didn’t have a phone. I took one step closer to him and lowered my voice so only me and Lay could hear the conversation.

"You seem to make all the decisions on your own here, really, you should talk to the others about it too." I said, almost whispering.

"They don’t mind." He simply said.

"How would you know, you haven’t even asked them yet!" I was starting to get anxious. Yet again he smiled ever so softly.

"Why would a guy in his right mind be against the idea of a pretty girl staying at their place?"

I felt my cheeks turn annoyingly hot. I looked down, trying to hide my pink face, not wanting our eyes to meet. I could feel that someone is staring at me. Not Lay, someone else. Using the opportunity to escape from another awkward moment, I quickly looked up to check my instincts. Noone was staring me. I only saw Kai stand up and leave the room. I flinched as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you listening to me?" It was Lay. I guess I had once again gotten lost in my thoughts.

"Sorry?"

He smiled. "I hope you’re okay with sleeping in the same room as yesterday. My room is pretty close to it, so when you need anything, feel free to wake me up. Anytime."

We spent some time in the living room, trying to get to know each other. I learned the names of everyone and we told funny drinking stories. Kris seemed really cool and down to earth. Chanyeol looked like the moodmaker in the bunch. But Kai was missing.

Eventually, it was time to go to sleep. All the guys waved at me and happily said goodnight. Lay was the only one who was still by my side. As it appeared, he wanted to me to my room. When I opened the door to the room, I instantly noticed, that the bed was made. I looked at Lay while pointing my finger to the bed and frowning.

"Chanyeol thought it would be polite to make your bed since you’ve had a tough day. I was thinking of doing it myself, but he managed to do it before me."

Now I felt really embarrassed. I let out a rough sigh and looked into Lay’s eyes.

"Thank you so much for everything. I promise, I’ll be out in no time."

All he did was shake his head slowly. His eyes never left mine though.

"Stay for as long as you want." He ruffled my hair. "Good night then. My room is the second door to the left."

Just like that, he left. I slowly closed the door and started heading to the bed, when I realized that I need something to wear to bed. I stood there, deliberating whether it would be smarter to go and ask Lay or to try to handle the situation on my own. I decided to not bother Lay. There was a huge wardrobe in the room and it looked like the room was constantly in use. Who’s room am I staying in? I opened the wardrobe and saw a lot of leather jackets, skinny jeans, studs. I took the forst oversized shirt I could find and decided to borrow it. I loved the way it smelled. I finally climbed on the bed and drifted off to dreamland. Some stingy thoughts didn’t want to leave my mind.

I don’t want to leave.