The Past (Pt 2)

Will You Be Able To Find Your Way To Me?

Previously: Still in the flashback of Myungsoo's past


Myungsoo awoke in a darkened room. He was dizzy as the room seemed to have been spinning to him. He had no idea where he was but he had an unsettling feeling about everything. He can feel that his hands were tied and he couldn't move his legs. Still, he kept struggling with the chair he was sitting on. Grunting in frustration he was finally greeted by his captors.

"Myungsoo dear. No need to struggle. We won't hurt you......at least not yet."

"Who are you? What do you want?"

The captors giggled, "Well, not you but you'll suffice."

Myungsoo grunted, "What is going on? Release me!"

"Oh, I don't think so. Not until we get what we want."

"What do you want, you crazy b*tch!?"

"Tsk. Tsk. What a foul language."

Myungsoo's captors came close to him but it was too dark to make out their faces. One of them brought their hand to Myungsoo's face and started to trail her finger down to his neck. Myungsoo shivered; the creeped out shiver. "Myungsoo dear, do you want to why you are here?"

"Why am I here? If you don't let me go, people will start looking for me."

"Well, we only wanted one person but to get to him.......we needed you."

Slowly little by little Myungsoo started to piece it together. He had a guess of who they wanted but he wasn't so sure so he tried to test them. "Well, he's not coming." His captors hissed, "Yes he will. You're too precious to him." Myungsoo tried to push another button. "He won't. I cut ties with him. He has nothing to do with me." The captors gasped, "How dare you? Why would you do such a thing? Anyone would be lucky to have him beside them. Oh, poor Sunggyu to have such a brother who despises him." Myungsoo was right; they were after his brother.

The girl leaned in closer to Myungsoo, "Admit it. You're jealous of your brother." Myungsoo scoffed, "And why would I?"

"Oh, well for one: he's super popular. Two: he gets more attention and well, he's much better than you."

"Do you think words like that would hurt me? You're going to have to try harder."

"I see. You're a feisty one, huh? How ever did Sunggyu live with you?"

Myungsoo smirked, "Why? Jealous? That I was the one living with him? I got to see him day and night?" Myungsoo was pushing their buttons and it was starting to work. They had jealous looks on their face, "That's only because you're brothers."

"So? At least I got to hug him and hold his hands whenever I wanted."

Just then one of the girls stepped forward and slapped Myungsoo and everyone was shocked. "Ji-su! Stop." But the girl pretended not to hear and slapped Myungsoo again. "He is OUR Sunggyu. Stay away." There were fear in Myungsoo's eyes. He had never seen something to scary. He could feel his cheek heating up due to the slap but he was so terrified of what these girls could do to him.

It took two other girls to pull the Ji-su girl back and the leader stepped forward, "You shouldn't have pushed us. Now you're going to get hurt."

(I won't go into details--I don't like torture scenes--. This part is when Myungsoo gets tortured --more mentally and a bit (very little) physically--skip to him being rescued. The police was able to trace the kidnapping to the suspicious girls going in and out of their hideout.)

Myungsoo woke in silence not wanting to draw anymore attention to himself. He was drained. He was extremely tired and he hadn't eaten for days. He's been missing for five days now and no one has yet to find him. Maybe no one was looking for him because he would have been found by now. Myungsoo almost gave up hope when he heard some distant police siren. Upon hearing the siren he also heard the crazy girls rush into the room.

"Girls, gather your things. We've been compromised. We gotta go!" As the girls were rushing to clean up their things, Myungsoo muttered, "I told you they would be looking for me." The leader of the psychopaths pulled the blinds on the window and the bright lights blinded Myungsoo for a moment, since he hasn't seen daylight for three days, his eyes were stinging. The girl walked up to Myungsoo, revealing her face, "We're not done."

Myungsoo laughed, "Is that a threat? Now that I've seen your faces, I can put you all away in jail."

"You'll have to catch us first. Good luck." Afterwards the girls made way to the back and escaped before the police arrived to the warehouse that they were keeping Myungsoo in. It was an abandoned warehouse behind a few buildings but the trees were covering it so it made the building unnoticeable.

Myungsoo can hear footsteps getting closer to him and he tried to wriggle out of his hold. The voice was getting closer and he could hear the call of his name, "Myung! Are you here?" He recognized that it was his brother's voice. He wanted to badly yell for him but not being fed for days didn't give him much strength to. All that came out was a whisper, "Hyung, I'm here. Hurry."

The sound of his brother's voice grew closer and with all the strength that he had left and yelled on the top of his lungs, "I'm here! Hyung! Please." Sunggyu who was running through the warehouse in a frantic looking for his brother finally heard a voice. He turned towards the direction of where the sound was echoing from and made his way there. "I hear you. I'm coming!"

When Sunggyu arrived to the room where Myungsoo was kept in, he saw that the place was trashed and the room was extremely dimmed. It was hard to focus on where Myungsoo was but he heard panting in the room and knew that it was his brother in there. He ran in, "Myung! I'm here. Just hold on." He was able to find the light switch and finally saw Myungsoo and he was appalled.

Myungsoo was still tied to the chair but he almost looked unrecognizable with the dirt on his face and a few blood splatter on his clothings. Sunggyu was so shocked that tears were forming in his eyes. He was felt so hurt that Myungsoo was like this. He hurried over to untie Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was getting more tired and it was getting hard to keep his eyes open. He noticed the lights were and could hear someone untying his hands and feet. He looked up slowly trying to open his eyes to see, "Hyung......" Sunggyu looked back up to Myungsoo and tried to comfort him, "Shhh. Myung, It's okay. I'm here now." Myungsoo started sobbing. Oh, how much he really wanted to hear those words. He wrapped his arms around Sunggyu and cried into his brother. "Thank you."

Eventually Myungsoo fell unconscious in Sunggyu's arm and the latter was able to get Myungsoo out of the warehouse.

--A Few Days Later--

Myungsoo slowly opened his eyes and tried looking around the room. It was well-lit and gave him a relief. He wasn't in the warehouse. He tried getting up but still didn't have the strength to move. Also, he felt something heavy weighing down on his side and took a glance. Sunggyu was holding onto his hands and was sleeping on his arm. Myungsoo smiled. He really missed his brother. He let him sleep a bit more and laid back down. It was still too much to take in with everything happening and fell back asleep.

Myungsoo ended up tossing and turning. A nightmare haunting him. As if he didn't escape the clutches of the crazy girls. He woke up yelling, "Help me please!" Sunggyu, who was awoken by the latter's outburst, struggle to hold Myungsoo down. He called for help and the doctor. Upon hearing the ruckus the boy's parents came into the room and also tried to calm Myungsoo down.

It took a while but the doctors were able to sedate Myungsoo so he would stop struggling. When he finally fell asleep, the doctors called for Sunggyu and the parents to speak with him. The doctor told them that Myungsoo might suffer from PTSD after the kidnapping. They have no idea what Myungsoo has gone through but they were sure that he was beaten a little. There were minor bruises and that he was just mentally drained. It might take a while before Myungsoo can return back to normal.

Sunggyu excused himself from the room. After turning the corner, he leaned back against the wall. He felt terribly guilty. It was all his fault. He crouched down to his knees and started to cry.


--Myungsoo released from the hospital--

After a while, Myungsoo was released from the hospital. He still had nightmares so he needed to be monitored almost all times. Sunggyu spend every single second glued to his side, which made Myungsoo really happy. He couldn't remember the last time that Sunggyu was with him.

They arrives home and noticed that they moved houses. "Mom, did we get a new house?"

"Yes, Soo honey. We wanted you to be comfortable at home so we moved." Myungsoo nodded in understanding. He turns towards his hyung. "Gyu hyung, can you take me to my room?" Sunggyu nodded while smiling. Myungsoo was still too weak to be walking on his own so Sunggyu's will be his helper.

"Myung, how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Just wish everyone would stop asking me."

"You know, we're just worried about you."

They reached Myungsoo's room and Sunggyu lead him inside. All of his things were neatly put away just like how he would have had it arranged. He turned to his brother, "Gyu hyung. You helped rearranged my room, didn't you?" Sunggyu nodded. "Only you would know me so well. Thanks."

Sunggyu ruffled Myungsoo's hair, "Of course. What kind of big brother would I be then?" Just then Myungsoo hugged his brother. He heaved a big sigh, "Gyu hyung. I really missed you." Sunggyu could feel the tears soaking his shirt. He patted Myungsoo's back to comfort him. Shushing him to calm down. "I'm not going anywhere, Myung." And Myungsoo really wanted to believe that.

A few weeks goes by and Sunggyu's been a great help to him. Completely nurturing Myungsoo back onto his feet. His nightmare came and went. He had more strength to stand on his own and didn't suffer any panic attacks. Through the support of his family he was able to recover.

But as he recovered Sunggyu was starting to get busy again. His vacation time was up and he had to return to his idol life. Myungsoo didn't want him to leave. As much as he wanted to plead him, he knew that it just wasn't right for him to hold his brother back. He tried to his true feelings and pushed his brother to go back. He wanted his brother to be happy, doing the thing that he loves.

Their father wasn't very approving though. He thought with the incident of Myungsoo that his son, Sunggyu, would stop his career as an idol and return home. That night, his father and Sunggyu got into another argument; just like that one night when Myungsoo sent him away. Sunggyu stormed off and Myungsoo haven't seen him since. Occasionally he would get letters from Sunggyu but then those became scarce. Eventually phone calls stopped. Everything was back as it was before.

But recently, Myungsoo would hardly see his father return home early and when he did come home he would be so drunk that the police had to accompany him home. The house had become a wreck since Sunggyu left. Myungsoo was so sad. He didn't know what to do. But one day it was storming really bad outside and his father was still not home. Overcome with worry, Myungsoo dialed his father. It took a few good minuted before the line connected. "WHo's dis?"

"Appa. It's me, Myungsoo. Where are you?"

"oooooOOHhhHh. MyUngsoOO! Ddont WoOooRry. On daa waaAaay hoOOome."

Myungsoo gritted his teeth. "Appa, stop drinking and come home. The weather's not nice outside and it's already so late."

"WwhhHhaAaT?"

"Come home!"

"Myung---Krrrrkrkrkrkrrkrk"

The line went dead. Myungsoo tried calling his father back but the line wouldn't connect. Something terrible must have happened. Myungsoo started pacing in his room. "What do I do? What do I do?" He started biting his fingers, a bad habit really, when there was a knock on the front door. Myungsoo stayed still. Too scared to go open the door. He hears his mother walking down the stairs to get the door. He steps out of his room and glanced down towards the door.

His mother opens the door to reveal a policeman standing before her. "Officers? Can I help you?"

The policeman gave a sorrowful sigh. "I'm sorry to be relaying this message to you but your husband has been in an accident and he's on the way to the hospital now."

---- ---- ---- ----

A few hours after arriving at the hospital, Myungsoo's father passed away. Myungsoo was crying his eyes out. He tried calling Sunggyu but every time it went to voicemail. Myungsoo threw his phone in frustration. He needed someone to talk to but there was no one there.

Apparently, the cause of death besides being intoxicated was that the accident was a hit-and-run. His father was the intentional target and they couldn't get a good shot at the perpetrator. Myungsoo didn't have a good feeling about it. Just like when he was abducted.

Sunggyu finally came back but it was too late. Myungsoo was so full of rage that he pushed his brother away. He blamed Sunggyu for his father drinking problem and he blamed Sunggyu for the accident. He was just so full of anger that he blamed everything on Sunggyu and pushed him away once again.

Sunggyu tried to apologize but Myungsoo wasn't having it. He told Sunggyu to stay away for good if he really wanted to help. Sunggyu, painstakingly, agreed in order for Myungsoo to be happier. Three years has passed but there still wasn't any lead on the murder of their father but mysterious letters started to come to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo would have mini panic attack after receiving them. He knows who's its from and it scares him everytime because they were taunting him. Eventually they had to move again and decided to down grade so they could hide out. Also, his mother decided to hire a driver. He wasn't too pleased with him but every once in a while the idiot would cheer him up and decided to keep him.


--Back to the present now--

Myungsoo started to laugh, a very dry laugh, "No matter what you do. You won't get him."


--Back to WooGyu--

Woohyun had told Sunggyu that he didn't like him saying that Myungsoo is someone important to him. Sunggyu scoffed, "Why does that concern you?"

Woohyun turned away not answering the later. He thought to himself, 'Why did you say that out loud?'

"I don't know why I said that. I just. I can't even explain my actions lately. It's all your fault."

"My fault? What did I even do to you?"

Woohyun had tears welling in his eyes and turned to Sunggyu, "I don't know! I just know that you're the cause of it."

Sunggyu gulped. He made Woohyun cry again and felt guiltier. As much as he wanted to comfort him he had Myungsoo to think about. It's the bad feeling that he's had before. When Myungsoo was abducted and his father was in a tagic accident and then Myungsoo pushed him away.

"You guys. I know I don't really know you all too well but right now, I am really relying on you all. Something like this happened before. Myungsoo was abducted 3 years ago and we never caught the people who did it. Please, help me. Help me find my brother."

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu in shock. Everyone looked at him in shock. Myungsoo was Kim Sunggyu's brother?


Chappie 17

Author's Note: Had to get Myungsoo's past out and then we will get to Sunggyu's past but don't worry. WooGyu will get closer as the story progress.

Author's Note: Honestly, I don't know when I'll update chapters. It comes and goes. Sorry if you all will feel annoyed that I update and then disappear. It's just been a bit stressful on my end but I really don't like leaving my stories uncomplete. So, up to you all to have patience with me or stop reading. Sorry for all this mess. But I want to thank everyone reading my stories so far. Sorry for the trouble.