The Past (Pt 1)

Will You Be Able To Find Your Way To Me?

Previously: "Unnie, do you think he'll come?" The leader smirked, "Of course. Myungsoo's too precious to him. He'll come."


Being in the dark was something that Myungsoo could never get used to. Not after what happened that day many years ago. The worst moment of his life was repeating itself. The same layout, him being the captive and Sunggyu coming to find him. It took a toll on him last time. Myungsoo didn't hate his brother. Really. It was all an act. Myungsoo wanted to protect his brother but it costed their father's live and Myungsoo began to live in denial. Everything was Sunggyu's fault but really....what happened that day was the beginning of Myungsoo's choice.


Flashback to Myungsoo's past

Myungsoo was excited to get the school day done for it was the last day of school and then summer vacation starts the next day. Also, his brother was finally coming home for a change. He hadn't seen his brother since last year and he really won't admit it but he misses his brother dearly. Before his brother started his career in music Myungsoo didn't mind all the singing and nagging at home from his brother. He'd be lying if he said he didn't like his brother's voice but everything changed when Sunggyu signed a contract and became an idol. Something that Myungsoo has always, in a way, never really liked but he couldn't bear to break his brother's heart with that information.

Myungsoo started to see his brother less and less and then eventually it felt like Sunggyu had disappeared. Myungsoo's smiles turned to frowns. Even he haven't noticed. The only time he would see his brother was when he was performing live on television. Afterward, Myungsoo didn't watch tv anymore. People started to recognize Sunggyu more and more and the fans were just getting crazier. Soon, they learned that he was Sunggyu's younger brother. Comparison started to string out and expand. The endless mob of fans crowding him. One time a crazy fan followed Myungsoo home from school and all the way to the house then they had to call the cops on her. After that, they kept receiving weird gift box from them and it kept going. They even had to move twice.

By then, Myungsoo hadn't realized that he was slowly starting to hate his brother. Well, not really hating his brother but more like hated the person his brother became. Myungsoo grew distant from his brother and seldom talk to anyone including his parents. His parents worried over him and decided to give their eldest son a call.

Of course, Sunggyu was on a tour. He couldn't be contacted at all and Myungsoo again started to hate his brother a little bit more. Myungsoo hated that his brother chose his career over his family. One day, Myungsoo had woken up from his sleep to chatters in the living room. He could make out that his father was in the living room but there was another voice. Being as quiet as he can Myungsoo cracked open the door. He see's someone's backside facing him and it didn't take long to figure out who it was.

Myungsoo had mixed emotion. He was upset at his brother but was also extremely happy to see him as well. Then he heard his father yelling at Sunggyu. "Son, I think you have had your fun with this singing thing. Maybe its time for you to quit." Myungsoo was shocked.

"But dad.....I can't. I love singing and I like where I am going with my career. Aren't you proud with all the things that I've achieved?"

"Proud? You want me to be proud of what? That you have destroyed this family? Your mother is depressed from not seeing you much. You refused my words and became this Idol thing and...........you're brother has lost his smile and talks less and less each day. Since you left, Myungsoo hasn't been the same. Aren't you his brother? Where were you when he needed you?"

Sunggyu had his head hung low. Myungsoo really didn't like seeing his brother all defenseless. He didn't like his brother being an Idol but it was his brother's dream to be one. Myungsoo couldn't be that one brother that would crush his beloved brother's dream. He rather endure than to hurt his brother.

"Myung lost his smile? Did I cause his suffering?"

Myungsoo would never take away his brother's dream so he decided that he didn't need him. That he was very independent himself. He slowly walked out of the room and joined his father and brother in the living room. Sunggyu's face lit up when he saw Myungsoo and the urge to hug was strong. Sunggyu made his way to Myungsoo but Myungsoo stopped his brother. "Don't."

Both Sunggyu and their father was taken back. Myungsoo's voice had sounded cold. "I don't need my brother. He can do whatever he wants. Just don't show your face to me again. The more you're here the crazier the fans are. We already had to move twice. Can't you let me live peacefully?" Even Myungsoo winced at his harsh words. Every word he spat hurted him but he couldn't even imagine how Sunggyu felt.

"Leave. Go back to your career. We don't need you. Mom still has me. Dad still has me to take over the company. You can just go." With that said Myungsoo walked back into his room as fast as he could before they caught his tears. Locking the door Myungsoo made sure that Sunggyu couldn't get in. He just needed to let the tears spill and empty themselves. He made his choice. He chose to suffer for his brother's dream.

Sunggyu left that night and never came back home.

Skip a year to the incident

Yet again, Myungsoo and the family had to move. Not only were they followed by fans the anti's were getting more brute with their actions. Sending death threats that we didn't deserve to be Sunggyu's family since we cut ties. It still pained Myungsoo. His hurtful words and pushing his brother away. The anti fans seem to escalate each time they send something. It was to the point that he had to be dropped off and picked up after school and the family had cops staking out the area.

Myungsoo started to feel like a prisoner in his own home. He had no freedom. He was stuck at home. He couldn't enjoy his day without looking over his shoulder. Days like that made him think back to his brother. The day that he told Sunggyu to leave. The day that he regretted his decision.

*knock knock*

Myungsoo slowly got up. He looked at the time and noticed that it was an odd time for anyone to be knocking on the door of his house. His parents were away for the moment on a company retreat. Myunsoo contemplated with opening the door or to ignore it. He couldn't shake off the feeling that something bad was on the other side of the house. The knocking came again and louder. The more time Myungsoo passed on opening the door the harder the knocking got.

Surely enough, the knocking stopped but there were still the feeling on uneasiness. Suddenly, the lock on the door clicked and the door slowly opened. Fear was spread across Myungsoo's face. Before he could take a step he was already blindfolded and the only thing he caught sight of was there was five people surrounding him then everything was dark and quiet.


Chappie 16

So sorry for the long wait. Life of a retail worker is not fun but it has its days. Plus, its the holidays and I get pulled away with many things.

Also, my laptop broke down on me and I finally just got a new one. Yay! :D

I know, I had to split the chapter. I wanted to get Myungsoo's story out while he's held captive but don't worry it's only 2 part and after that the story will continue.