He's Not My Brother

Will You Be Able To Find Your Way To Me?

Previous Chapter Ending:

'Hoya, I really want to disappear.'


"Gyu-hyung! Don't think like that! You can't disappear." 

"Hoya, how can I ease his.......Myung's pain then? He hates me even more today"

"Disappearing isn't going to solve anything. It brings out  more pain."

"Then tell me, what do I do?"

"Keep approaching him. Make him listen to you. Make him see your pain too."

Sunggyu looked up at Hoya. Eyes swollen from crying and lips chapped. More tears wanting to stream down.

"Easy said then done, Hoya."

"You just have to have perseverance, hyung. It can be done."

"Hoya, do you know where Myung lives?" 

"No, I don't. I only know the school."

Hoya went deep into thought. Then Sunggyu thought of Woohyun and remembered that Woohyun said something after Dongwoo drove off.

"Myungsoo has to live in one of the neighborhoods near the school since it nearby."

"Hoya, do you know where Myung went?"

"Huh?"

"I think........I heard Woohyun said, when the car pulled away that that wasn't the way home. Does that mean Woohyun knows where Myung lives?" 

"Hyung, you think Woohyun knows where Myung lives?"

"I'm sure of it. He sounded sure of it but they didn't go 'home' so where did they go?"

"AH! Hyung, isn't today......"

Sunggyu jumped up from the couch. A realization hit him. What today was and where Myungsoo went.

"Hoya, I gotta go. I'll call you later."

"Gyu-hyung, let's go together. I'm still worried about you!"

"It's okay, Hoya. I'm fine."

Sunggyu left Hoya's apartment and started treading down the stairs. 

'How could I let myself forget what today was? AISH! I'm such an idiot. Myung would hate me more now. I'm on my way, appa. I'm sorry.'


Myungsoo stood over a headstone looking gravely down at it; tears threatening to fall.

'KIM SUNGSOO'

'BELOVED HUSBAND AND FATHER'

'1965-2011'

'MAY HE REST IN PEACE'

Myungsoo's mother came closer to him laying her hands on his shoulders; crying.

"Honey, look how much your son has grown. Isn't he handsome? Just like you."

"Umma"

"Shhh, Myungsoo. Let him see how much you've grown."

Mrs. Kim sighed and looked very sad.

"Umma, what's wrong?"

"Myungsoo dear, if only your brother was here too. So your father can see how well he's grown too."

"Don't mention him. He has no right to be here!" Myungsoo shouted angrily.

Mrs. Kim slapped Myungsoo's cheeks. Myungsoo was taken back a little.

"How dare you say that? Your brother has every right to be here. He is my son and your father's son still."

"But he's no brother of mine anymore. He doesn't exist in my heart or memories anymore. He's a stranger that likes to screw with my life."

"Myungsoo, you don't mean that."

"I mean it. He's dead to me."

"Myungsoo, honey. No matter how much you erase him out of your life he's still your brother that loves and care for you. That's why I called him to come back home."

Myungsoo shot a glare at his mother. Angry.

"You what? You brought him back here? No wonder I saw him earlier."

"He's already here?"

"Umma, why did you call him here?"

"I had to. You've changed ever since your father's death. I thought maybe you and your brother could settle the pain in your heart"

"It's because appa's death was his fault! Everything was because of HIM! HOW CAN YOU THINK HE CAN HELP FIX ANYTHING!?"

"Myung."

Both Myungsoo and his mother turned towards the voice. It was Sunggyu. Mrs. Kim ran over with more tears streaming down her face to hug Sunggyu, her son.

"Aigoo, my Sunggyu. You've grown so much. Appa, would be pleased to see you."

Sunggyu smiled down at his mother and hugged her back.

"I'm here, umma. I'm sorry I'm late to see appa."

Before his mother could reply Myungsoo interrupted.

"You. Why are you here!? I said that I don't ever want to see you. Get lost!"

"Myungsoo! He's your elder brother. That's no way to talk to him."

"He's not my brother. He's the devil. If he's here then I'm leaving. Being near him suffocates me."

Myungsoo walked back into his car and told Dongwoo to take him home. Mrs. Kim called out to Myungsoo to not go but Myungoo didn't listen and left. She turned back to Sunggyu. Her heart dropped. Sunggyu was hunched over crying hysterically.

"u-u-u-mmm-a-a-a. I-I caused hi-his pain. I wa-was t-the reason th-that a-a-appa's not h-here. I-I'm so s-s-orry."

She went over and hugged Sunggyu very tightly while rubbing Sunggyu's back to calm him down.

"Shhhh. Now, now. It's not your fault. Sweety, don't blame yourself."

"But it is my fault, umma. If only I listened to appa then he would still be here with us."

"Sweety, your appa would be sad to see his two sons fighting like this. It was no one's fault. Accident happens."

"Umma, I don't know what to do. Myung hates me. How do I fix this mess?"

"We just need to be all here for each other. I know it's hard since Myungsoo refuses to speak to you but we just have to keep trying. Keep reaching out to him. I'm sure he doesn't blame you for everything. He's just upset. Give him some time."

Sunggyu let go of him mom and walked towards his appa's headstone. 

'Appa. I should have listened to you back then. Why was I so stupid? Look at where I am now. I drove Myung away. I want to fix it but I'm afraid that Myung will never forgive me. I miss his smile and laughters. He thinks I'm the devil. That hit my heart hard. Even I, even I wish I wasn't here now causing umma and Myung more pain in their heart.'

"Umma, I have to go now. Being here, is hurting me too much."

"No, don't go. Have dinner with us tonight. Please?"

"Not tonight. I don't think I should see Myung again for a while."

"Sweety, please don't go. Stay. Not here but stay here in Korea."

"Yeah, I know. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I'll call my manager and talk to my boss about going on a break. In the meantime, I need to clear my head. I'll call when I can, okay? I love you, umma. Take care."

Sunggyu walked over and hugged his mother and left. Mrs. Kim walked over to her husband's headstone.

"Honey, how do I bring our sons back? Myungsoo misunderstood Sunggyu. He wouldn't listen to what I had to say about what happened. Help me bring our son back together."


"I'm home!" yelled Dongwo when he came in the house.

"Oh, you're back?"

Woohyun turned his head to Dongwoo at the door. 

"Yeah, it's been a long day. I'm so tired. Hyung, make me something to eat!"

"Yah! Am I your maid? Make something yourself. You have an unusual eating habit."

Dongwoo pouted at Woohyun. 

"Don't give me that look."

"Hyung, come on. I've had a very tiring day. That Myungsoo kid had me driving all over the place. He was in a bad mood all day and took it all out on me. Oh! I even saw the guy again today. We keep bumping into him since the airport incident, hyung!"

"That guy? Sunggyu? You saw him again today?"

Woohyun walked up to Dongwoo this time. 

"Yeah, when Myungsoo saw him he got all angry and gloomy."

Woohyung leaned in closer to Dongwoo listening intently.

"What happened next? Was Sunggyu okay?"

"Hyung, why are you getting closer? Why do you care if he is okay?"

Dongwoo was eyeing Woohyun suspiciously. 

"Nothing. I was just......asking. Whatever! What you want to eat!?"

Woohyun walked away blushing and entered the kitchen to make Dongwoo some food. He set a pot of water on the stove. 'Ramen is it!'

"Dongwoo ah, where did you see Sunggyu?"

Dongwoo entered the kitchen.

"At the cemetary. Why do you keep asking about Sunggyu?"

"At a cemetary? Why? How is he and the Myungsoo kid related?"

Dongwoo just shrugged his shoulders. Woohyun was starting to get really puzzled and confused. He doesn't know why but he wanted to know about Sunggyu. He knows he shouldn't care but he felt like he had to find out what's wrong between Sunggyu and that Myungsoo kid.

'Woohyun ah! Get yourseld together! Why are you poking into other people's business? Why do you care so much about Sunggyu? You don't even know him!'

"Hyung, snap out of it. The water's boiling!"

"Ah, mianhe." Woohyun turned the power down on the boiling pot and started to make some ramen for Dongwoo to eat.

'I don't know why I want to know but I think I'm drawn to him.'


End of Chappie 10. 

What is this? I don't know if it came out well.

I know, took a looooooooooooooong time to update but I'm back and hopefully I can finish this story.

Please read and review!

Until next time!