CHAPTER 24 - SURPRISES

SEUNGRI’S MISSION: Find Dara noona a Boyfriend!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>>HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY APPLERS this update is for you guys ^^ <<<

 

 

CHAPTER 24

 

 

DARA’S POV:

 

I kept pulling down my cap as I walk towards Jiyong and I’s meeting place. He texted me last night telling me to go to this park in INSADONG District. I was really surprised that it’s the place that he chose for us to go. Of all places, why the most crowded place in Korea? Definitely someone will notice us!

 

 

My heart is still thumping hard inside my chest as I continue to walk pulling my scarf up to my mouth. I am not nervous about our date. What I am nervous is, the chance of us getting spotted here in this jam packed place. He didn’t even pick me up. He just instructed me through text on how to go here.

 

 

I am sensing that this isn’t going to be a very successful date. I shook my head and continued walking with heavy steps. I found the park that he told me. I checked my phone again; he told me to stand in front of the cotton candy vendor.

 

 

“Now where is that cotton candy vendor?” I mumble to myself. I scanned the area and because there are too many people, searching for that lone cotton candy vendor took me eternity. When I found the cotton candy vendor I am already in a bad mood.

 

 

I stood in front of it and checked my watch. Now where is he? The great leader of bigbang is late. I tap my foot impatiently checking my wristwatch and phone simultaneously.

 

 

“Young miss….” The vendor behind me suddenly spoke in a very formal way. I look around me but I am the only one there. I point to myself.

 

 

“Me?” I asked.

 

 

The vendor smiles and nods, “This one is for you young miss…” he gave me a stick of cotton candy.

 

 

“Oh.. I’m sorry ahjusshi. Am I blocking your customers?” I respond apologetically. He shook his head.

 

 

“No. The young man told me to give this to a pretty young lady who’s going to stand in front of my stall in his signal.” He explained. I was speechless for a moment. What’s this? Is Jiyong hiding somewhere while watching me? I look around searching for him. When I didn’t find him I turn to the cotton candy vendor.

 

 

“Young man? Where is he ahjusshi?” I asked.

 

 

He shook his head, “I can’t tell you young miss, please take this cotton candy.” He handed me the stick, I don’t have any choice so I took it.

 

 

“Thank you ahjusshi…” I said. I must say this is starting to get interesting. What is Jiyong up to?? I look at the cotton candy marveling at how fluffy and pink it is. I was about to take a bite of it when I notice that there is a paper rolled on the stick. I unrolled the paper. Tada…it’s a note!

 

 

I read it and it says:

 

 

If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled. I’m your clown. Find me noona.

 

(cr: Red Skelton)

 

 

 

“Kwong Ji Yong, you’re blowing me away with your words.” I muttered smiling. Now I need to find this romantic clown. I smiled. I look back to the cotton candy vendor. “Thank you for the delicious treat ahjusshi!” I wave at him before I left.

 

 

I ran trying to find a clown, the place is starting to get really crowded and searching is harder. I look around. He must be in some place where he can see the vendor. I saw a bench and I hurriedly ran to it. I stood on the bench so I can see the whole place. From afar I can see a clown handing out balloons to children.

 

 

Could that be Jiyong? If that’s him, I’d really give him an A+ for effort. I jump down the bench and hurriedly went towards the clown half running, half walking. When I reached the clown he was still busy handing out balloons. I gather all my courage and poked the clown who was making a face to make the crying kid stop crying.

 

 

Everyone was looking at me, maybe wondering what the hell  do I need with the clown. I covered my face with my scarf. If this is not Jiyong, I swear I am going to run full speed away from here.

 

 

The crown turns around to look at me. I check his face, he doesn’t look like Jiyong. Damn. I smiled at him awkwardly and I unmindfully gave him the cotton candy I was holding. The clown suddenly took a handkerchief from the inner pockets of his shirt. He waved it in front of me, not uttering a single word.

 

 

I watch him as he waves the scarf, in one swift motion he reached out to my ears with the scarf then in a blink of an eye the handkerchief turns into a red rose. I can’t hide my surprise, my mouth was left hanging making me look stupid.

 

 

The clown bows at a perfect 90 degree bow with his hand stretching out towards me giving me the red rose. I took the rose from him and thanked him. The clown smiled widely at me. He waved at me before he left to continue giving balloons to the kids.

 

 

I was still at awe that I wasn’t able to move from my spot. I look at the red rose in my hand. There is a ribbon with a note dangling from it. I took the note and read it.

 

 

A single rose can be my garden. You are my only rose. My beautiful garden.

 

 

 

I don’t know how to explain this feeling. This is the first time that someone made something like this for me, someone who spends time to prepare something grand like this just for me. I clutch the rose close to my chest as I aimlessly walk towards nowhere.

 

 

I was already in the middle of the park when hundreds of balloons suddenly flew up in the air. It was very a beautiful scene that everyone stopped for a moment watching it flew high in the air. I feel like I was being surrounded by those balloons, something you can only see in fairytales.

 

 

I watch in awe as if flies high up in the air. “Pretty….” I mumble still clutching the rose to my chest.

 

 

“You are prettier….” Someone whispered on my ear. Then a bouquet of flowers appeared in front of me from behind. I saw the tattooed arm of the person holding the flower. My eyes widened in surprise and I immediately spun around to see the person holding the flowers.

 

 

There behind me is Kwon Jiyong in simple white shirt and faded blue jeans. His smile is so bright that I can see it even though his face is being shadowed by his hoodie and cap.

 

 

“Sandara Park… I like you.” he confessed looking straight at me without a single tinge of doubt. I can feel his stares piercing my heart making it double its pace. I think I lost my tongue. Gahd where is my mighty tongue when I need it!!

 

 

I was literally speechless, he was straightforward plus the bluntness of his confession is screwing my brain making it melt in a puddle of mud.

 

 

 

“I….I…..” I tried hard to come up with something but nothing came out. I remember that time when he took my snowboard from me. He was so chic at that time and I told myself my ideal guy is like that. Chic, handsome, a man who knows how to make a woman giddy without even lifting a finger.

 

 

But his preparation for this date, proves that a man who prepares for a date is still the best man. He just booted out every ideal guy I have in mind and every ideal man characteristics I thought of.

 

 

“I….am speechless…” was all that I can manage to say. He bit his lips cutely trying to suppress his happiness.

 

----------------------------------------------------------


FLASHBACK

 

JIYONG’s POV:

 

 

“Noona…are you sure this is going to work?” I ask. I seriously doubt that this is going to work. Bom noona offered to help me. But her plan is so not going to work for me.

 

 

I let out a loud sigh staring again at Dara’s number in my phone.

 

 

It’s almost midnight and I am still not sure where to take Dara tomorrow. Earlier this morning TOP hyung barged into my room waking me up just to brag about their date. He even showed me Dara’s text message to him that night. For goodness sake he was rejoicing because there was a smiley and a heart in her text. But she just said GOODNIGHT *insert smiley and one heart here*

 

 

I nearly forgot that he was my hyung that time. He kept on screaming on my ears saying “Beat that!! Beat that!!” over and over like a retard. Throwing him out of the window was very tempting.

 

 

He has serious brain problems I am telling you. Can’t imagine myself being like that after the date. *cringe*

 

 Here we are in the convenience store dressed in hoodies and caps looking like a total weirdo. Add the cans of corn in front of us for the effect. I wanna slam my head on the table.

 

“Noona…can’t you think of another plan?” I asked looking straight at her.

 

 

“Jiyongie.. don’t you trust me?” Bom noona snarled as she slams her fourth can of corn on the table. She takes another can and opens it.

 

 

“But don’t you think it’s a bit…uhmm.. un-gentlemanly??” I said.

 

 

“Naaaa… don’t think of what she will think first. Think of what she will think after.” She answered scooping another spoonful of corn in . Seriously.. five cans of corn? Can’t imagine ssabu-nims reaction he finds out about this. We’re both screwed.

 

 

“If you’re not going to send it… I will send it for you. Give me that phone.” she reaches out for my phone but I pull it away from her.

 

 

“Wait if I let her wait in the park I will be rude.” I said my eyes wide at her. She puffs her cheek looking annoyed at me. I can see fire blowing out of her nostrils.

 

 

“That’s the point!” she screamed at me hitting the table hard with her right hand. I suddenly felt afraid for my life. It seems like she wanna strangle the life out of me. Some of the customers looked at us.

 

 

We both automatically pulled our hoodies and turned our back to them.

 

 

“Tss… don’t you get it? You have to make her mad at you first then hit her sweetly right there on the spot.” She pokes the left side of my chest. “We females love surprises..” she rolled her eyes at me then went back on eating her corn.

 

 

She’s right. Maybe I should give it a try plus I have no choice but to follow her. “Noona…tell me. Where should I start?” I said determined.

 

 

She turns to me with a sly smile on her face. She leaned forward to me and I leaned back a little, “You’re surprise plan at the park is great. I am amazed that you thought of those pranks but let’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter