The New Information

Oblivion

KYUNGSOO´S POV

 

"I´m back!“ I woke up to the sound of Chanyeol slamming the door. " You were sleeping?“ he looked at me and giggled, one of his eyes almost closed and pinched me. If that was for the sake of waking me up, it was more than succesfull.

 

I yawned. Before I could collect myself fully, he was in the kitchen, putting some food on the kitchen counter. "What do you want to eat?“ he asked.

 

"What do you have?“ I asked him back, approaching him.

 

"Em, I have some ramen, rice, ramen, another ramen....“ he shrugged. "Maybe we could find some vegetable, or meat in the fridge? “ he turned to me, shrugging.

 

I frowned. "Wait, then what have you been doing? I thought you went for some food?“ I looked at him, worried that we wouldn´t eat anything except ramen that day. I came closer and peeked in that bag Chanyeol brought. There were two packages of ramen and some prepacked kimchi. I mentally facepalmed myself.

 

"Are you telling me that THIS is what you eat every day?“ I asked, pointing at those ramen packages. Chanyeol smiled innocently and shrugged. Oh god, that will be hard. I sighed.

 

"Ok, let´s look to your fridge. Should I be afraid?“ he didn´t have to answer me. I knew I should have been. There were some leftovers that were like months old and one parched leek. And few sweet potatoes. I closed it. It was not doing well to my health.

 

"You know what? I´ll go buy some food and I´ll cook you something better than ramen, okay?“ Chanyeol blinked a few times before answering me by nodding his head.

 

I quickly went to a supermarket, buying everything I needed for the dinner. In about half an hour I was back in Chanyeol´s flat. I was just about to pull out all the food when I heard a loud knock on the door. Chanyeol immediately went to find out who was that. He didn´t tell me he was expecting somebody.

 

I stood at the kitchen, eavesdropping, not that I would hear what they were saying. It was a girl´s voice. Was it his girlfriend? He didn´t tell me he had one.

 

 

CHANYEOL´S POV

 

I opened the door, just to see a somehow familiar face. "Hi.“ she said, without any glance of emotion in her face. What did she... oh wait, she was that girl from before...uh, she probably didn´t like the way I threw her away that night I found Kyungsoo.

 

Suddenly, she smiled. "Don´t look so surprised, you wanted me to help you with school, didn´t you?“ she said. I was standing there like a llama, staring at her with open mouth.

 

"Yes, but I though.....“ I didn´t know what I thought to be honest, I just didn´t expect her here. I totally forgot about her.

 

"Yeah, I know that today is not Wednesday, but.... I want to tell you something.“ she said, looking away. What was that about? I asked myself, but then I remembered.

 

"Oh, is it about the....about the kiss?“ I whispered the last few words. She laughed a little.

 

"You just wanted to try it because you've never kissed anyone, right?“ she said and my face started to turn red. "But no, it´s not about that. It´s something important. Can I come in?“

 

"Oh, of course, sorry...“ I laughed awkwardly and let her in. "You are....“ "My name is Sunhee if you mean that.“ I nodded and let her sit down, ashamed that I still didn´t remember her name.

 

"Oh hello, I´m Kyungsoo, you´re Sunhee, I heard.“ Kyungsoo came in and bowed a little, introducing himself. Before I could say anything, he spoke again. "I´m Chanyeol´s friend, I´m going to stay here for a while. He didn´t tell me he had a girlfriend.“ he said and chuckled.

 

"I don´t!“ I corrected him. Sunhee kindly smiled, looked at me and then back at Kyungsoo. "Nice to meet you.“ she said, like she wanted to remind him of manners. "I´m not his girlfriend, I just help him with school.“ she said.

 

"Oh I see.“ Kyungsoo nodded. It looked like they won´t need me anymore, but then something hit me. "You wanted to tell me something, am I right?“ I asked her. She nodded and looked at Kyungsoo.

 

"I think something is burning, I´ll better check that.“ he said and vanished, even if nothing was burning. "So“ I started.

 

"That evening... well, it was almost night.... I... I was following you when you left your apartment.“ she said the last sentence really quietly, I almost didn´t hear her. Well, I would also not be proud of creeping behind somebody´s back.

 

"And?“ I asked her, wanting to get to the point. "I saw you. I don´t exactly know what happened, but it wasn´t normal. The flame bird and everything. Or were those hallucinations?“ she asked. I sensed that she feels like a fool and doesn´t believe what she saw. I was really unsure about what I should tell her now. Should I tell her about powers or should I make a fool out of her? I was hard to decide.

 

"Erm.... you know... I think... I think you were just tired from trying to teach me all the stuff I didn´t get at school.“ I smiled kindly. I just hoped she will accept it, but to my displeasure, she looked at me with confused look. "But it felt so real, it couldn´t be just hallucination!“ she said. "And, and he was there too!“ she pointed to the kitchen where Kyungsoo was cooking our dinner. I didn´t know what to say. I was confused too. In my mind tons of explanations like that one with stork bringing babies were flowing, but yeah, all of them were even worse than the stork one.

 

Suddenly she laughed ironically. "I´m just kidding.“ she said. Wait, what?

 

"I knew that all the time. I know who you are and what you can do, as well as I know who is the guy in the kitchen.“ She caught me off guard. What the ? Who was she and what did she wanted? I stared at her with my mouth open. Wait, I had my mouth open? I quickly shut it. She laughed.

 

"Sorry for that show, I just needed to get close to you and wanted to know if you would give out your secret so easily. I´m happy to see you won´t.“

 

"Who the are you and what do you want?“ I asked not as polite as I probably should.

 

"Definitely not an average schoolgirl spazzing around.“ she smiled. "I think we should talk about it while eating dinner. Your friend looks like he´s done with it.“ she pointed at Kyungsoo standing in the door to the kitchen, watching us and frowning as he probably heard a part of our conversation.

 

-

 

"So, explain yourself.“ I said, chewing some noodles, looking at the girl. Kyungsoo looked at her with suspicious stare and ate his own food like it might be poisoned. I guess he´s really cautious about these kinds of things. It was a complete change. He went from happy cook to frowning bag of suspiciousness. I would like to know what happed to him in past, but I don´t want to force him, who knows what traumas he could have. But back to the girl.

 

"Ehm,“ she cleared . "Don´t think I´m some sort of creep or something, but I´ve been watching you for a while.“ I almost choked. "For how long?“

 

"That doesn´t matter, I did some research about you. You were born in a village near this city, but your parents died due to fire accident, then you were transferred to orph-“ "STOP.“ I said a bit harshly. "I don´t want to know what the hell have you found about me. I want to know what do you want.“ I said. It was a command and I ment it like that. She was sure creepy.

 

"The thing is.... well, have you heard about them?“ she asked.

 

"Them who?“ I had no idea what the she was talking about, but I noticed how Kyungsoo stopped eating and looked at her, interest could be seen in his eyes.

 

"Them. The organization payed by government to find people like us. To find them, study them and probably use them as weapons in the forthcoming war.“ she said like it was the most basic knowledge. I stared at her in disbelief once again. A war? There was a war coming? But everything looked so peacefull, our country didn´t have any conflicts and...

 

"I know what you´re thinking. They´re greedy, they want more power and wealth. They need to set a war to gain more attention from the nation, so they could controll it better. Also they want new territory. That´s why they need us, the ultimate weapon.“ she said sadly. "And that´s also why I spied you. I need your help to stop them. The more of us will stand against, the less they could do.“ she looked at us with hope in her eyes. I didn´t know what to say, so I just stayed silent, processing everything in my head. It was too much weird information in a short time.

 

"Where did you get these information?“ Kyungsoo finally spoke, looking at her in a way that really wasn´t too friendly.

 

She put some already cold noodles into and ate them before answering his question. "My mother... my mother was also one of us. They spied her and then they captured her. I don´t know what they did to her, but I´ve never seen her anymore after that. I was raised by my dad. He always told me not to differ from others or I´ll end up like my mother. I hated him for that, but he was right. They were monitoring us all the time.“ she ended telling her lifestory, wading in the bowl with her chopsticks.

 

I wanted to ask her something, but Kyungsoo disrupted my flow of thoughts. Clap, clap, clap. "That was really heartbroking!“ Kyungsoo said ironically. I swear I was kind of scared of him at that moment. I´ve never seen this side of him.

 

"Why do you think we should trust you? Why shouldn´t we think you´re one of them?“ he asked suspiciously.


"I... I...“ she stuttered. "I don´t know.“ she looked down, defeated.

 

"I see.“ Kyungsoo said and got up. "I´m done with you.“ he said then, going to the sink, washing his plate. I have to say that I had no idea what was going on, but at least I wanted to hear everything she knew, althought it sounded scary. To be honest, I really didn´t want to be involved in that "war for money“ or whatever thing. I think I just kind of pitied her.

 

"Kyungsoo wait.“ I stopped him. "I think she knows more.“ I turned to her. She nodded.

 

"I don´t care.“ Kyungsoo said and went somewhere. I sighed.

 

"Okay so...“ I started. "I know lots of useful things, really.“ she interrupted me. " Besides what I said about you, I found information also about him. I know you can control fire and he can control inanimate nature. My ability is invisibility. To be honest, I know all of this stuff from my father. He used to be one of them, so I really DO know lots of things.“

 

"Used to?“ I raised my eyebrow.

 

"I killed him.“

______________________

(A/N)

Wohoooo, that´s a really creepy , isn´t it? :D