A meeting

Oblivion

 

Taeyeon looked around as she realized she had seen the face before. She didn’t even remember where she saw her when she called “Wait!” at the familiar face. She had a weird feeling that she should talk to her. There was no reason for that, but something was telling her she should because of the place they had met before. It took her a while until it hit her. The two of them met at the organization. At that time, the other girl was considerably younger and Taeyeon was always wondering what a kid like her was doing at a place like that.

 

Kai froze when he heard Taeyeon shouting at some stangers. At the moment he wanted to disappear from the Earth’s surface. It was really embarrassing. People were watching and there was no real possibility she could know the other one. He hoped she didn’t want to fight or anything that embarrassing. Then he thought about it a bit and realized it was because for once, it wasn’t him being the embarrassing one. So that’s how it felt.

 

By that time, Taeyeon was running after that girl, because she didn’t seem to notice it was her being called. Taeyeon had to run at her and only then the other girl noticed her. After that, she stood there in silence, as if she was examining the older girl, trying to remember something. Then she just asked: “I’m sorry do I know you?” The two boys that were with her just looked at her and then at themselves, not saying anything.

 

“You probably don’t, but….. we….” As she started, it was harder for her to find words. And breath. “We met before. I… I saw you back there….” She managed to say. “I’m sorry? Where?” Sunhee blinked in confusion. If Taeyeon was a guy, she would probably flee moments ago, thinking it was some creeper.

 

Taeyeon took a breath and started over again. “What is your connection to the organization? I’ve seen you there.” She said, far more determined, then she looked at Sehun and Luhan “Not you two though.” She frowned. Sunhee froze. Are they after her? Who was supposed to be this girl? Was she dangerous? She didn’t want to risk that so she fleed like a shot deer, the two guys not keeping up with her.

 

“” Taeyeon hissed to herself. “WAIT!” she shouted then again, similarly to those two guys, also trying to chase her now. When she chased her this time, all out of breath, she tried to explain the situation. “Wait I’m not one of them! Not anymore, can you just stop running for a while?” As Sunhee heard it, she stopped.

 

“Can someone explain me what the hell is going on?” Sehun said while making a face, getting to the current place of last happenings. Nobody answered him.

 

“Who are you then?” Sunhee asked, turning back. Taeyeon looked at her and then at those two who currently seemed like unwanted weight. “Could you guys…” asked Sunhee, gesturing that they should get away. And they did. More of Luhan grabbing Sehun’s protesting hand and making him leave too.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, sector 4C, or as you probably know, the spies. I’m not one of them anymore as you can see. I wouldn’t be telling you this if I was. And you? How come you also run around alive? You’re apparently not one of them either.”

 

Sunhee shook her head. “I’m not. My father was. Also a 4C.” “Your father?” Taeyeon thought about something for a while. “How come you’re not working for them?”

 

Sunhee shrugged. “Long story.” Suddenly Taeyeon looked like she thought about something. “Wait, was your father’s name Hongseok?” Sunhee’s eyes widened. “Yes, how…” she said bitterly. Taeyeon smiled. “He was one of the people I thought I could trust. Your dad was a good guy. It’s a shame they had him eliminated.”

 

“Yeah he…. Um, could we stop talking about my dad….” Sunhee said, feeling caught and also a bit guilty, coughing and looking away. “What are YOU doing out of the walls of your department?” she suddenly looked up and asked back, tasting her own medicine with Taeyeon replying with “Also a long story.”

 

After a moment when both of them evaluated the information they had from one another, Sunhee spoke. “My mother should still be locked up there. We’re going to save her.” She said, speaking very quiet. Taeyeon laughed a bit. “You are joking right?” Sunhee just shook her head. “You know that is not possible, right?” Sunhee didn’t respond.

 

“And you promised a pony to those two bodyguards or… ?” Taeyeon jerked her head towards Sehun and Luhan getting out of a bubble tea shop looking very manly. “Their friend is there too.” “Ah I see” she nodded. Then she thought about it and found out she probably had nothing to tell her. She was, after all, trying to stay away from the trouble.

 

“I hope you can get alive out of there.” Taeyeon smiled, knowing that was the best she could wish them while being realistic. “See you soon.” They greeted each other and went separate ways. Sunhee back to those two guys, being even more thankful that they wanted to go with her and Taeyeon went back to Kai, who seemed to disappear. AGAIN.

 

She sighed as she saw the empty spot, thinking about what she was going to do now, being all by herself without any money and no hope. Then an idea came across her mind. She tried to suppress it at first, but then she just embraced the it and turned around, shouting “Wait!” yet again. Sunhee turned around.

 

“We’re going with you!” Taeyeon shouted, coming to those three again, determined. “ If I’m so ed up anyway, why hide and not just walk up to their arse.” She said and Sunhee slightly smiled.

 

“What do you mean by we? Where do you want to drag me?” a voice suddenly said behind her back. “I knew your douchebag ego was somewhere around here.” Taeyeon smirked. This was the most impulsive decision in her life so far.

 

-       -       -

 

“Room 205?” Kyungsoo asked, he wasn’t there long enough to know what goddamn room they use for what kind of torture or whatever was waiting for him there. Kris smiled. “Right, you don’t know, do you?” then he laughed a bit. “That’s sad, I wanted to scare you. Considering you can’t actually see it… I can tell you about room 205, should I?” he continued, but Kyungsoo didn’t respond. He wasn’t sure what he should tell him.

 

“We haven’t brought you there yet because you’re a VIP you know? People usually pass out for a few days after they go to room 205.” Kris said and Kyungsoo heard how he squatted down near him. It was bull to be blind and in his position. “The secret of the room 205 isn’t anything scary, in fact.” Kris whispered. “Not if you hear it, but when you experience it, you may have a different opinion, so, you still don’t want to tell me anything about your little friend?” he added, but Kyungsoo sit still, not saying anything. Kris sighed.

 

“If you get to that room, we look through your brain and find your little weaknesses and use it against you if you are not cooperating. It shows us what really you can do. Because you know what? A cornered dog bites the most, it’s the best way you can show us your real strength. It doesn’t sound that bad, right? We’re doing it for people after all. We use the power to make electricity which runs this place, so we have to do that once for a while with everybody. Also, we get to know your real power which means we can decide then how useful for humanity are you. Just imagine that, if all of us joined, we could help so many people. It costs just a minutes of sacrifice yourself and we could be better. We’re not the bad guys, you know? Your friend is just a small problem for us, but we need to eliminate those problems.”

 

Then he was silent for a while, leaving Kyungsoo to absorb what he said. “Don’t you wanna join the next society, Kyungsoo?” he asked then. “I just wanna get out of here.” Kyungsoo said with a straight face. Kris sighed.

 

“Why am I even trying?” he asked himself. Then, Kyungsoo felt a knife against his throat and it didn’t take long and he felt a small spring of blood on his neck. Suddenly it wasn’t just about talking.

 

“So, you have two choices, you can guess what those choices are.” Kris smiled, holding the knife against Kyungsoo’s neck.

 

-      -      -

 

Chanyeol had a dream, or more likely to say, a nightmare. It was about his parents, the fire that happened when he was young. In the nightmare, his parents came back and were asking him why he killed them, why if they they loved him so much. They were asking him why he betrayed them and he couldn’t answer, he wanted to say it wasn’t him, but he knew it was. Then he woke up, screaming.

 

“Oh my gosh, dude!” Baekhyun said, crouching, strartled from the scream. He almost thought the other guy was dead and they left him in the cell because they were out of food or something. Oh god no, he would never eat something like that. He was doubting the guy has ever seen a bath.

 

“Yah! Next time please tell me you’re going to get up, I was almost sleeping!” Baekhyun nagged, but the other guy didn’t even look at him. “Hey, you’ve been to 205? I know that, they sent me there too.” He suddenly felt the need to talk. He was too engulfed in his inner thoughts the past days, so he appreciated every human contact, even if it was with this guy. After all, he wasn’t the one that killed his sister, it was just a guy with ty friends.

 

Chanyeol, though, was silent. He was thinking about his dream and didn’t pay that much attention to the other one. His talking was like monotonous tone going through his head unnoticed. It took him a decent while until he was willing to accept Baekhyun’s existence. He looked up, turning to him.

 

“You were there too?” Chanyeol asked. “Of course” Baekhyun said. “Everybody ends up there, you just can’t lose your mind because of that.” He said, looking up at the CCTV, then moving closer to Chanyeol. “I started planning on how to get out of here.” He whispered.

 

Chanyeol blinked. “Do you know what it is like out of this cell?” he asked, Baekhyun shook his head. “Gonna find out.“ he smiled. What else could he do whole days in a cell like that other than thinking about how to get out. In fact, that was the thought that occupied his head the most along with “what to do if the guy is really dead” which recently became no use.

 

-        -         -

 

“O-okay.. I…. I’ll tell you what I know….” Kyungsoo said, scared and defeated. He didn’t know what exactly should he tell him though, he didn’t know much about Suho since he left. If he told them lies, they will find out and kill him. After all, he probably wasn’t much use for them blind. He had to take care of himself, because nobody was going to save him. He had to cooperate.

 

“Good.” Kris smiled and put the knife away. The moment Kyungsoo felt he is relatively safe he opened his mouth, telling everything he knew, which was not much, but he tried to make it look like a lot. He described the way to Yixing’s house exactly how he remembered it, telling them it was the the place where Suho could be, also telling them the old place of Suho’s which he found out they found ages ago.

 

“You’re not much use after all.” Kris said. Kyungsoo froze. Those words could also mean the end of him, they could just toss him away now that they had the information. He cursed in his head for telling them.

 

“But you still got some powers, I tell them to take you to the room 205 so you’re at least a bit useful.” Kris said, disappointed he didn’t learn as much as he was hoping for from Kyungsoo. However, he had to hold even the little information he had. The next day they were going to check out the place he described. If he lied, they were going to kill him.

 

-       -        -

 

By that time, Suho and his companions already left Yixing’s house assuming it wouldn’t be safe there, since Taeyeon was free and they could easily get the location from her. Any of them would lie if they said they didn’t fear the organization, but on the other hand, they felt something should be done. Since such a large group of powerful people wouldn’t get unnoticed, they went separate ways again, trying to find some information they needed and hopefully some allies they needed so bad at times like those.

 

Jongdae, Minseok and Tao went alone, at least that was what they told them. They promised to stay in contact and inform everybody if something’s happening. Suho asked Yixing to go with him, because he was going to poke the dragon in the eye. And even himself he didn’t know how close to that was he going to be.

 

“I don’t have a good feeling from all of this.” Suho sighed while Yixing gesticulated to the waitress for a new beer. “It was your idea.” Yixing said and smiled at the waitress, then looking back at Suho. “I know I know. It’s just… I’ve been trying to make little steps, to raise apprentices, to help them control their power better so they could help us destroy the organization…. Do you see what’s left of my effort? Nothing.” He said and drank the last mililitres of his beer, the waitress immediately changing the glass for a new, full one.

 

“How glad would I be if the – You can trust nobody but yourself- wasn’t true.” He said. “The only person I can trust now is you and I should thank you for that.” He said looking to the table.

 

“Some things just need to happen. The tension has been too long and powers need to be used. That’s how it goes. The continuum is being anticipated.” Yixing said. Suho smiled “Right.” Sometimes he didn’t really know what the other was talking about, but at least he was a true friend. “You’re right, we just have to hope for the best.” He said. As always, he transformed what Yixing said into something he could understand.

 

_______________________________

(A/N)

I'm sorry it took me so long, I didn't know what to write, was lazy and had other stories to finish.... it's nothing much I know, I guess I just can't handle more storylines at once or more people interacting..... well, whatever, a new chapter whether you like it or not :D