Kris

Oblivion

 

It was the next day’s morning and Taeyeon was sitting in her temporary room, looking out of the window. The room didn’t have any bars, they didn’t have to keep her locked, they knew if she escaped, the organization would find her and kill her.

 

She hated it. Hated the fact she had to stay with people she despised, with people that despised her. Especially the fact she had to be in the same building as Suho. She couldn’t believe she loved him once, this guy who did all of this to her.

 

Back then, she was new to the organization. She joined just because she had no other choice. They wanted Suho AND his allies, so they needen a spy to get to know all of his friends and give out information about them. Otherwise, they would kill Suho and her too. In that time she loved Suho and wanted to live, so she did what she thought was necessary. However, Suho took that as a betrayal from her and left her. He never spoke to her again, until the day he came for her after all those years, asking questions about his former friend and organization. Not a sign of any respect to her, not even as a woman. Her thoughts about him were right, he really was cruel and played his role well.

 

Suddenly, somebody turned the light on. Taeyeon got scared, she didn’t expect anyone to ‘visit’ her. She was relieved when she found out it was just the handsome guy she saw there before and not Suho.

 

“What do you want?” she asked strictly, as if she expected just more pain.

 

“I want to ask you something.” Kai said and sat on ‘her’ bed.

 

“Oh please, haven’t I already answered even what I haven’t known?” she sighed sarcastically. That was too much for her, too many questions yet all of them were the same. “Please leave me alone.” She added.

 

“No, I don’t wanna ask about the organization. This guy, Suho, you know him right?” he asked. Taeyeon hesistantly nodded. “Alright, could you tell me what is happening around here? They think how important they are, talking about ‘important’ stuff, but they always leave me out.” said Kai.

 

“Oh what a sad fate you have.” She remarked, irony radiating from her voice. Kai just stared at her, ignoring it. “You know what, forget it.” He said and got up. He dealed with the fact she won’t tell him anything, so he vanished, literally as was his habit.

 

Taeyeon looked at the empty spot. “Wait.” She said almost inaudibly. In a second, Kai appeared there again, sitting on her bed. “So?” he smiled.

 

-

 

Meanwhile, in the living room, Yixing and Suho were trying to figure out what their next step should be. They came to conclusion, that it really was Kyungsoo and the other guy with light power and since Chanyeol was with Kyungsoo, it was possible that he was involved too. However, if they displayed themselves to the world carelessly like that, fighting in such a crowded city, it was possible the government and the organization found them and captured them.

 

“We should wait.” said Yixing. “It would be really dumb from us if we made any move right now, if they really have them, they won’t harm them, not physically.”

 

“That’s right, but they want them to become their soldiers, I don’t think that would leave them without any damage on their thinking. Come on, we know where their headquarters is-“ Suho didn’t finish because Yixing interrupted him.

 

“We don’t know that, we THINK it could be there.” Yixing disagreed.

 

“We have Taeyeon, she can lead us there.”

 

 “We can’t just go anywhere and hope there will be what we want and Taeyeon is not in a very good condition, especially mentally. Besides, what a we can do with powers like water, teleport and healing against such a giant corporation? We need a strategy and more people.” Yixing said and Suho stayed quiet for while.

 

“You’re right.” Suho nodded then. Yixing smiled. “Yes I am. Always.”

 

-          -          -

 

“At least let’s see what’s happening there” Sehun suggested and beckoned to the crowd. “I don’t think that would anyhow help us.” said Luhan, but at that time he was already being dragged by Sehun, pushing through the crowd.

 

“Alright.” said Luhan, more for himself than for Sehun, giving up. It wouldn’t help, but neither it would harm, so why couldn’t they see what was happening that such a crowd had to gather.

 

When they got to the front, they saw just ruins of the building they took Baekhyun to the day before. There were firefighters, looking for casualties as well as police, ambulance and reporters. Luhan looked at Sehun with doubts in his face.

 

“There were people inside when we let the building fall down?” he asked. Even if he didn’t remember everything because he used all of his energy to try to protect all of the people that were there, he thought there were no more people.

 

“I didn’t see any.” Sehun shrugged looking at a firefighter, who just called for help, probably finding someone under the ruins. “Apparently there were.” said Luhan, feeling guilty, feeling like he failed. Sehun sensed that, so he grabbed his hand and squeezed it. “You did your best.” He smiled at Luhan, who then nodded, still unsure.

 

“Let’s go back home, maybe Baekhyun is already there.” Luhan said, trying to shake the bad feelings off his mind.

 

As they were going home, Luhan had a weird feeling somebody was watching them, but he couldn’t see anybody. Sometimes he felt a breeze, heard steps or somebody moving. He would almost start to think he was going crazy if he didn’t know he could trust his senses.

 

“What’s wrong, Lu?” Sehun asked, noticing Luhan turnig back and being cautious more than usually. “I think somebody might be following us.” Luhan said so quietly it was almost a whisper. Sehun stiffened, but when he looked back, he didn’t see anybody, exactly like Luhan before. “But… there’s nobody.” Sehun said.

 

“I know I’m not stupid!” Luhan whispered, offended. “I just have a feeling there is someone following us from the center.” he said then, calmer.

 

“I’ll check it out.” Sehun said and made a strong wave of air behind their backs, which would make every living thing fall. Luhan’s theory was confirmed. They heard a girl’s sigh. Both of them turned around.

 

“Who are you? Why are you following us?” Luhan asked when she appeared. Apparently she was one of them, she could disappear or be invisible, since they hadn’t seen her before. Sehun made a little cute tornado around her so they could be sure she wouldn’t even had an idea of escaping.

 

“Please don’t hurt me.” she said and raised her hands as if they were policemen. “I was following you because I need to tell you something.”

 

“Then why didn’t you just tell us?” Sehun asked. “I… I don’t know okay? I just thought you wouldn’t believe me if I came to you on the street…” she shrugged.

 

“So you were following us home, I see.” Luhan raised an eyebrow. “What do you want to tell us?” he asked then.

 

“It’s… it’s a long story…” she said. “Okay I guess… Sehun, please let her go, she will tell us when we’ll get home.” Luhan smiled. “No way we’re guiding her to my apartment! She was spying us, it was you who noticed it!” Sehun obliged.

 

“I know.” Luhan admitted “I just want to know what is there so important she want to tell to stangers like us.”

 

-

 

“Here.” Luhan gave the girl a cup of hot tea, sitting to the table next to frowning Sehun. “Go on.” He smiled and gestured that she can start her story.

 

“Okay.” She said and blew on the hot tea. “My name is Sunhee.” She said and left a pause. “I know where your friend is.”

 

“Baekhyun?” Sehun immediately started to pay attention. She nodded.

 

“He and other two guys were captured by them, the organization.”

 

“Organization?” both of them asked, surprised.

 

After she explained what was the organization and what was their goal the same way she explained that to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, Sehun and Luhan had millions of questions about it. Where they have Baekhyun, what are they, what would they do to him and many more. She didn’t know how to answer all of them, but it seemed to her they believed her. She was happy finally someone wanted to cooperate with her, that somebody believed her. At least the blonde one, Luhan.

 

“So, what do we do?” asked Sehun, still not fully convinced about everything she was talking about.

 

“We could enter the building and save your friend. I know where is their headquarters and I also have a my dad’s chip card that could allow us to enter the building. However it’s not that easy, they guard-“ she started to plan it, but Sehun interrupted her.

 

“Wait. Why would you want to help us save our friend, in the first place?” he asked.

 

“They keep my mother there too.”

 

-          -         -

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t see anything since the fight with Baekhyun and he was seriously concerned he wouldn’t be able to see anything anymore, but what concerned him even more was the fact he was captured somewhere. He didn’t know where he was and he didn’t even know what his surroundings were like. He was too afraid to move from his spot, because there could be something that could harm him in some way or even kill him.

 

He knew he would eventually have to move and find out where he was, he just needed to collect the courage to do that. After all, from what he knew about the organization, they wanted to use them as a weapon, not to kill them.

 

A door opened. From the sound of it, he could tell he was in a really small room and the doors were new, because it almost didn’t make any sound. Kyungsoo stayed quiet and waited what will happen. He could hear somebody entering the room and the door shutting after him. From his walk and the way the door was shut, he could tell that wasn’t any sort of “prisoner” like him, that was one of them.

 

“You must me Do Kyungsoo, am I right?” the deep male voice said. “The famous Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo tried to match the voice to a face, but he was failing. He never thought being blind could be such a disposition even with his powers.

 

“I heard Joonmyeon trained you. Oh my old friend Joonmyeon. He calls himself Suho now, am I right?” the man laughed. “I never thought he was funny, but he always tried so hard, tried to give his best at everything. That was always his big advantage, but I’m not sure it could help him this time.”

 

“Wait.” Kyungsoo remembered something Suho told him long ago, something that matched this guy, could this guy be the friend he was trying to find so hard? The one that disappeared without a trace?

 

“Are you… are you Kris?” Kyungsoo asked. The man laughed. “Oh, how clever you are.”

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“I have an offer for you, one that you can’t say no to. Unfortunately for you, I mean it literally.” said the man, Kris, and even if Kyungsoo couldn’t see his face, he knew he was smiling.