The Help

Oblivion

CHANYEOL´S POV

 

You can do it, it is just a call, nothing else. You need to call him, you have to help your friend! I constantly replayed in my head. I don´t even know why I was so scared of calling him. He wasn´t going to kill me like the guy from before was going to kill Kyungsoo. Oh, let´s focus on him. I pressed the "call“ button. After two rings I could hear a familiar voice.


"Yoboseo?“

 

"Um, hi. It´s me.“ I said. I knew he would recognize my voice. "Chanyeol? Park Chanyeol?! Look at who is calling now, I guess you need something, don´t you?“ he asked and he was right. It wasn´t really fair I called him now, after a year and half of not responding to his calls and texts. I even thought about deleting his name from my contact list. I was glad I didn´t do it.

 

"I know.....and I feel really ashamed, but I really really need your help.“ I said in apologetic tone. "Okay, so what do you need?“ he asked.

 

I somehow described him the situation I was in. In the meantime, I was checking on Kyungsoo´s vital signs. Yes, he was still alive, but he curled himself in fetal position and looked like he was in terrible pain. Even though, he didn´t wake up.

 

"Look, I can´t help you now. Currently I´m not in the city. But there is somebody that could help him.“ he said. I was glad he was still willing to help me, even when I betrayed him like that. He told me the adress of that person, I took a note and hung up. The last sentence Suho said was: "You should have let me know.“ I felt guilty for a while, but then I remembered I had to help Kyungsoo.

 

I looked at the adress. . It was like 100 kilometres from the town. I hoped he was going to handle it all the way there.

 

SUHO´S POV

 

This brat. Calling me after two years just because he needs something. He never let me know why he left, where he gone, what he did, how he was. Never. And now he needed help. I didn´t want to help him, he ran away after all, so why should I. However, I offered him my help once more. I offered him help even when I wasn´t in the city. I don´t know why, I think I´m just too weak to say "no“.

 

I knew I was going to meet Chanyeol again someday, but today was not the day. I had something unfinished, moreover, I wasn´t in the city as I said. He had to get by with my advice.

 

"Okay, so what do you need?“ I asked him, stopping what I did until then.

 

"I- I... I´m in the park... there was.... there was a guy and he had powers too and with that light he- and then he almost killed my friend and I don´t know what to do and....“ he blurted out. I had no idea what he was talking about. "Wait wait.... could you please calm down and try to explain the situation clearly?“ I sighed to myself when I realized I wanted too much from him.

 

Finally, I managed to understand him after a while. He wanted to help his friend who was hurt by somebody with powers. Well, I hope it was that case. He was right in one thing, doctors wouldn´t help him. What he had described wasn´t anything a medicine could cure or surgery could repair. There was just one guy who could fix that.

 

"Look, I can´t help you now. Currently I´m not in the town. But there is somebody that could help him.“ I said to the phone. The only thing I could do was to tell Chanyeol his address. It was his fight after all. Now he had to transport him there. I was sure he would help Chanyeol´s friend.

 

And when I was talking about that, I guessed I had to inform Yixing about that boy heading to his house. I didn´t think he would be pleased. But before that.....
I snapped and the big water bubble floating before me bursted. A woman figure fell on the ground, being splashed by the unnaturally falling water. She stood on her knees, water dripping from her like waterfalls. She coughed chronically, catching a breath and trying to get water from her lungs.

 

"Sorry for the interruption, where have we ended?“ I asked and smiled.

 

"You !“ she screamed and coughed, panting. "You almost killed me!“

 

"I would watch your language If I were you.“ I hissed and offered her my hand. She looked at me like she was going to kill me and accepted it.

 

CHANYEOL´S POV

 

I lifted Kyungsoo´s body like a bride. Oh god, he was heavy like an elephant. I managed to take him to the closest bench and laid him there. Then I went to the parking that was next to the park and looked around.

 

As I picked the car I thought had the worst alarm system I, well, guess what. I learned a few tricks while I was in the orphanage and also after that.

 

As I broke into the car, I used one trick to make car stop hooting and another one to make it start up. This was actually the first time I tried it in real life. Really!

 

Anyways, I ran to the bench I left Kyungsoo on and lifted him again, this time carrying him to my new car. I stopped right before it. Should I put him in the front seat or on the back seat? Front seat, back seat, front seat, back seat....

 

I finally made up my mind and gently put him on the back seat so he could lie there. I thought it would be more comfortable for him.

 

I shut the door, being aware of Kyungsoo´s head and get in the car too. As I sat down, I took a deep breath. I needed to realize what was happening, what I did and what I have to do next. I searched through the car. How happy I was when I found a navigation! I was lucky indeed.

 

I entered the address Joonmyeon told me. 112 kilometres it said. . I looked behind myself. "You can do it, just rest, Kyungsoo. I´ll take you there. They´ll help you. I promise.“ I looked at him. "Like back then when we were kids. Remember? Pinky promise!“ I smiled, but then I realized that if I wouldn´t move our asses off the place, I would talk to dead meat.

 

Honestly, I wasn´t sure about my driving skills at all. Fortunately, there were practically no cars at this hour, so I had just to take care of the steering wheel.

 

The drive was really tiring although I drove the fastest I could all the time. When I was on the way about half an hour, I saw a white lightning tearing the sky into pieces. After a while I heard the thunder too. A storm was coming. Coming? It started to rain immediately. Great, now I will kill us both, I thought. I had to slow down, so the car wouldn´t skid. "Sorry Kyungsoo, I don´t want to kill us.“ I apologized. I knew he couldn´t hear me, but talking to him helped me relax.

 

When about 20 kilometres were left on my way there, something happened. I was driving through a forest. It was still raining when I saw a figure right before "my“ car. I immediately stepped on the brake, praying that the car won´t skid and crash against a tree. Too late. The car was okay, just the person already went over the bonnet of the car. , I knocked him down! What if he died? What if.... oh no, like I already hadn´t had enough problems!

 

To make things worse, As I quickly braked, Kyungsoo hit front seats and let out a painful sigh. "I´m sorry.“ I said, panicking, still trying to stop the car completely.

 

The car pulled to a stop after a few metres. I was shaking, not knowing what to do. I was afraid of getting of the car. I was afraid of what I did. What if I killed him? I would be a murder. Multiple.

 

I persuaded myself to get out of the car, just to find nothing. There was nobody laying on the road, bleeding. Not even a deer. Was I hallucinating? Am I crazy? I asked myself.

 

Then I got that strange feeling of somebody being behind you. "What do you want here?“ asked a male voice, putting a knife to my neck. If that was the man I knocked down just a few moments before, he was the hell of alive.