The beginning II

Oblivion

(A/N)

Don´t have high expectations please xD

________________________________________________________________________________________________

CHANYEOL´S POV

 

Um, hi? I´m Park Chanyeol, the conqueror. Conqueror of noodles, kimbap and kimchi. I am getting good at this, really! But to take it from the beginning, I think I could consider myself "a poor kid“. I had it really hard and so did all of the people around me. You know, I really love fire, I can do various things with it just by a thought. But back then, when I was a kid and didn´t know how to control my "powers“, as some people call it, I.... I don´t like to talk about it, but I sort of.... killed my parents. People talk about it as an accident, but now I know it was me although I don´t remember it. I feel really ashamed every time I think about it. I really loved them and they loved me, I didn´t want to hurt them. Sigh. I think better call it an accident as other people do.

 

I don´t remember many things about my parents, I am even forgetting their face as the time goes by. I have always wanted to know how it is to have them. Instead, I could only slightly bring back those pieces of memories left and even they are disappearing as the time goes by.

 

Anyway, I got to the orphanage. It wasn´t a really friendly place to be honest. I never had many friends and I didn´t mind it, but kids there were doing cruel pranks on me and stuff. As I said, nothing friendly. And then this guy came there. I was really happy about him, I finally had a true friend. However, nothing lasts forever. Unfortunately he had to go away and I never saw him again. Such a pity, I would love to see him now, how he have grown up and so on. But I guess I won´t have a chance.

 

Well, then I was living on a street for a while, until Suho found me there. I was happy again. Somebody was paying attention to me, somebody was taking care of me, somebody who could understand my fascination with fire and yeah... somebody who didn´t let me go out. Yes, that was the hitch. He was all nice to me, giving me everything I needed and wanted, training me, telling me how to control the fire and how to use it, but I couldn´t go out. I don´t think he ment it in a bad way, but I still needed some space, some freedom. So I just ran away. Yep. And now I am finally going to school, finally I have my own flat and part time job to pay for it. That´s where those noodles from the beginnig came from.

 

About school, I still don´t have many friends. Kids find me weird, but I still don´t know why. However, they find it weird only to talk to me, I´m pretty sure all those girls, who are chatting, squealing a giggling around would love to date me. No, I´m not a douchebag, I´m quite popular among girls, really. Anyway, they just smile at me and whisper something to the ear of their friend, they have never told me anything more than "Anneyong oppa“. And guys hate me for a strange reason. So, basically, no friends.

 

One afternoon I saw a couple of girls giggling and whispering something to each other. It woudn´t have been anything strange if one of them, blushing like a tomato, didn´t came to me. I was just reading my notes from class, because I didn´t understand a single word of what the teacher said. "Hi.“ I smiled at her. It was funny to watch how she almost burst with happines when I adressed her. "Hi oppa.“ she giggled. "So what do you want?“ "I just wanted to ask oppa if.... if....“ oh god, we´re gonna wait forever till she asks me out. "If?“ I tried to be patient and smiling.


"If you could help me with those math problems.“ she said, her face in deep shade of red. I looked at her with that "are-you-ing-kidding-me“ face. Not that I would want to be cruel, it was just that I was happy I didn´t fail and she was getting the best marks. Okay, I know that she really didn´t want to be tutored by such a dumb tutor, she just wanted to be with me. Or she wanted to win a bet. Both possible. The other thing was that I was the one who needed tutoring. I looked at her with hope.

 

"I have a better idea. What about you, tutoring me?“ I smiled. She froze. Her eyes widely opened and her jaw nearly hit the ground. I laughed in my mind. This was a big "YES“ I guess. Moreover, if she bet with those girls, she´ll win. You know, I love making people happy. And of course, she will be. She´ll be so happy she won´t need any money for it, right? She was bursting just at the thought of it, so why should i pay her? Anyway, I don´t have money to spend.

 

When she finally could talk, (and it took her several hours) we agreed that she will come to my place every Wednesday and teach me everything I couldn´t understand in class. She will have lots of things to tell to her friends. God, how i wish I had some too. But whatever, I guess everybody is alone in the end.

 

Couple of weeks went by, everything was going stereotypically as usual. I have to admit I like those stereotypes. They make me think everything is okay, that there is no need to worry, no danger. At Wednesday, I led the girl to my flat as we agreed. At first, she looked super-excited, but when she saw the street where I lived, her face slowly turned into disappointment. Sorry, girl, I don´t have as much money as you do.

 

I unlocked the door and let her in. No, she really wasn´t so excited about it now she saw where I live. But it´s her problem, I don´t have any. I smiled at her. "No need to take your shoes off.“ she did it anyways.

 

"Do you want something to drink?“ I asked her. Her. Why didn´t I ask for her name? I should ask people´s name before letting them in my flat. "No, thank you.“ she smiled back, examining the room. I guess she thinks she could catch a disease if she drank something from here.

 

"Um, I know it´s a little shame but, could you please repeat your name?“ I asked her, scratching the back of my head. "Sunhee“ she answered, looking to the ground. "I´m really sorry, I know you already said that, I´m just really bad at memorizing names.“ I came up with some excuse. "You can sit here.“ I pointed at what I used as a dining table. "So, what do you need to explain?“ she asked when she sat down, pulling the books out of her bag. "Well.... kind of ...everything.“

 

Several hours went by and I was still at dead point. "Uh, what about continuing next Wednesday?“ she looked at me, probably as tired as I was. "Great idea.“ I agreed, looking at her. I was looking at her, she was looking at me. It was pure awkwardness. So I …. I kissed her. A girl I knew for less than a week. God, that was SO wrong. Why did I do it? this. And she didn´t even backed away! What did you just do Park Chanyeol?

 

As we broke the kiss, she looked at me and smiled, blushing, but said nothing. I tried to look everywhere just not at her. "I´m, I´m sorry I don´t know what I just....“ I stuttered „I think you should leave.“ I said then, looking at my shoulder. She sighed. "I didn´t mind it. But as you wish.“ she said. I wasn´t looking at her face, I didn´t want to. She left, saying "bye“ and shutting the door quietly, almost like there was a baby sleeping.

 

What the heck have just happened? I groaned, shoving my face onto my hands. I decided to go for a walk and breathe some fresh air. It was already dark outside, not much people on streets. I went to my favourite park, which was situated about 20 minutes from there. It was my favourite, because it was a really big park, it had more trees than paths, unlike most of parks I knew, which I considered as an advantage.

 

I sat there, looking at stars and thinking. What do I get from this? I shouldn´t go to school tomorrow, those girls will kill me. She will probably tell every friend about it and make it bigger than it was. Great, just great. I should try and make some friend. In the meantime- wohoooo flame bird! Ok, it wasn´t exactly a bird. It was more like little retarded flying monkey without legs, but at least I tried!

 

As I was enjoying all those silly things, connecting stars into figures with flame lines, suddenly a weird wave made me fall from the bench. It was like an earthquake, but that wasn´t it. It felt like pure power wave. I had no idea where it came from and I started to think I was insane. I stood up and went in the direction where I thought it came from. After a while, I started to hear voices. Not like voices in my head of course, those were real.

 

I came closer, just to see two men..... fighting? Oh god, I should go away. Something catched my attention. One of them grabbed upper hem of the other one´s T-shirt, his hand landing on the other one´s stomach. Than I saw a bright light coming from the first one´s hand. Was he.... he also had powers? So, as Suho said, I wasn´t alone! No, wait Chanyeol, this guy is not a good candidate for being a friend.

 

The other one screamed as he got a load of the "light“ in his stomach. Then the other one shouted something at him. I was looking at the scene right before me, startled, not knowing what to do. The second one, the one being beated up, saw me. He tied his gaze on me, trying to get some help. I was too afraid. I couldn´t contr- WAIT. Those eyes, do I know them from somewhere? The face of the second guy, who was just getting his beaten up, was somehow familiar to me. I had no clue why.

 

Our eyes met again. Fortunately, the first guy didn´t notice it. The second one was looking at me, his eyes suddenly widening as if he remembered something. He mouthed "Chanyeol?!“ and then "Help me.“ Now I got really scared. Where did he get my name? Or was I just hallucinating? But then it hit me. Those big eyes. Yes, I knew this face.