Running away

Oblivion

 

“Is everything you told me true?” asked Kai, still sitting on the bed that Taeyeon temporarily used, processing everything that the said girl told him. Taeyeon nodded. “And why do they want to know about the organization from you then?” he asked her, having a suspicion that not everything she told him was necessarily the objective truth.

 

“I…” Taeyeon started, but then she realized she didn’t know what to say. “Why do you want to know everything? Why don’t you just follow their commands and be a good guy, huh?” she answered with a question. “I don’t even have to tell you anything.”

 

 

“Oh yes you have to.” Kai smirked. Taeyeon looked at him with eyebrow raised. “Mind telling me why?” she laughed. “Because I’m your ticket out.” He said and vanished, appearing behind her, scaring her. “I’m not the only person, who I can teleport. I trained this for a long time so…..” he vanished again. “I think I can help you with this.” He appeared again, sitting on the bed.

 

“But why would I escape, why would I even try? They would find me. It’s just a matter of time. I don’t control any power, I can’t do anything against them. It’s either them or the organization that will kill me, sooner or later.” She sighed, looking at Kai.

 

“Listen, I’ve been living here for an eternity and I can’t do anything without a permission. I’m running away with or without you, if you want to have some fun before they find you….” Kai said and shrugged. “It’s up to you. I’m fleeing after the lunch, until then, decide.” He added and disappeared. Taeyeon looked at the empty spot and sighed, not being sure what she should do. If she would run away,it would mean they couldn’t treat her just as a useful thing, she could be free at least until they’d found her and that was something really worth consideration.

 

-             -              -

 

“Your mother?” Luhan repeated, surprised. The girl nodded. “My mother was one of us, she had powers, but my dad betrayed her and informed the organization about her. He was working for them the whole time, but nobody knew that.” She sighed. “But that’s not out problem, is it?” she smiled, trying not to do the same mistake she did with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. This time, she had to succeed, she needed allies.

 

“I’ve been trying to find somebody that would help me and you seemed to have the same problem, so I thought we could form some kind of alliance to get inside and free them.” Sunhee finished her idea and the reason why she followed them.

 

Luhan was nodding understandingly, while Sehun was observing her, trying to find the tiniest sign of a lie, but so far, he couldn’t find any. Besides, if she knew where Baekhyun was, it was worth trying.

 

“Wait here.” Sehun said, getting up. “We will talk about it just between four eyes, okay?” he added, something that could be called a smile appearing on his face. “What do you want to-“ Luhan started, but had no time to finish his sentence, because by the time Sehun was already dragging him aside to talk to him.

 

“What are you doing?” Luhan frowned, looking at his other half. “I just wanted to talk about it, just you and me.” He explained. “But why? Of course we are going with her! She needs help and besides, she knows where’s Baekhyun! That’s exactly what we needed, to save our friend, isn’t that so?” Luhan said, not getting why Sehun even needed to talk about it.

 

“But doesn’t that smell fishy to you? She was following us and she knows about us and about what happened to Baekhyun. What if she just made it up and-“ Sehun wanted to finish, but Luhan put his finger on the younger one’s lips.

 

“Don’t worry. I think she told us the truth. You know, I’ve been on this planet a while longer than you and I think I’d know if she was somebody we shouldn’t trust. Besides, we’re two, she’s just one. You really don’t have to worry…” Luhan explained and smiled. Sehun sighed and nodded.

 

“I hate how persuasive you are.” He also smiled and kissed him

 

“Let’s go back and listen to her plan. We don’t have too much time, if they have Baekhyun, we don’t know what will they do to him.” Luhan said and gestured back to kitchen, going there. Sehun nodded, remembering his friend and went to the kitchen after his boyfriend.

 

-            -            -

 

“Offer? What sort of ‘offer’ are you talking about?” Kyungsoo asked, not being sure if that were the good or bad news, but judging from the all the democracy he had, it certainly wasn’t anything nice for him.

 

“You know, this organization is made to help people, especially people of our country. Government decided to develop all of this just to protect our nation. You know, there are people like us everywhere all over the World, but not everywhere they have such marvellous chance to protect their own nation and people they love like here. I know, you’ve probably heard otherwise. That’s it, that’s the ‘offer’ we’re giving you. There are people like Joonmyeon that try to destroy all of this, all of our hard work for selfish reasons. And we need to get rid of those people.” Kris ended his monologue and smiled even though Kyungsoo couldn’t see him.

 

“So you want me to tell you where you can find Suho and his people, am I right?” Kyungsoo assumed, not being happy about all of this. Kris contentedly hummed.

 

“That’s exactly what we want from you.” He admitted. “We want you to tell us the location where they gather and all information you can tell us. We can provide you anonymity and absolute comfort. What more, we’re really close to develop a drug that could heal most of the injuries caused by different powers, so we could heal your eyes and you could see again. I think this is more than generous offer from our side.” Kris said.

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “You don’t have to talk to me like to a child, I know what’s happening here. There’s no protecting our country and making the world better. You sons of es are trying to use us against the people, not to help them. I’m not ing stupid.” Kyungsoo retorted, but regretted doing so in the next minute, when Kris grabbed his neck, lifting him so he couldn’t reach the ground and barely could breathe, the hand he was holding Kyungsoo feeling like dragon’s claws.

 

“I tried to be nice to you, but as I see, it doesn’t work.” Kris’ voice resounded through the small room. “Let me clear this up to you. YOU. HAVE. NO. OTHER. CHOICE. Dou you understand?” he hissed to the smaller one’s face.

 

“Y-yes” Kyungsoo said, his voice a bit choked. “I’m glad to hear that.” Kris said and landed Kyungsoo back on the ground, letting him to breathe but not letting him from his grip. “Otherwise we would have to do really bad things to you. No, we wouldn’t kill you, we would do much much worse things to you.” Kris smiled and let the smaller one be.

 

“I hope you understanded and that you will decide well. Remember, it’s up to you. You can help develop the better tomorrow or you can be the villain we have to eliminate.” Kris said and gestured through the little window on the door. In a minute it was opened again and he could leave. As soon as he was out, he gestured to the door again saying. “Get him some water.” And then he left.

 

-            -             -

 

Chanyeol woke up again, feeling like he just went to a rollercoaster, dizzy and nauseous. He still didn’t know where he was, but this room looked different from the one he was locked up before. However, he didn’t pay that much attention to the interior of his cell. He felt hungry and thirsty and that was what concerned him. He got up from his current position and started looking around. What a surprise it was for him, when he found out he wasn’t the only one in that cell. It was even bigger surprise when he found out the guy he shared the cell with was the one he tried to kill him and Kyungsoo multiple times.

 

He looked at the small ball on the floor, not caring about him too much, he was thirsty and hungry. “Hey!!!” he shouted, looking up and hoping the unhuman voice would talk to him again. “Hey you! You have to be there somewhere, I know it! I am thirsty, you hear me? Thirsty! Give me something to drink and eat!” he shouted, waiting for a response, but there was just silence. “Just a stupid glass of water, is it too much to ask? A stupid water!” he shouted but nothing happened again. He sighed and sat down, defeated.

 

“I don’t think THAT will anyhow help you.” Said a voice next to him. “You?” Chanyeol turned around. “Yes me. And you. Trust me, I’m not happy to be here with you either.” Baekhyun said and sat down. “If it was up to me, you’re dead, but as you must’ve noticed, no powers work here and if you try to do anything to anyone, nothing good happens. By the way, could you please turn back? I don’t have to see EVERYTHING.” Baekhyun said and made a disgusted face, pointing out that they were still both .

 

Chanyeol retorted and turned his back to Baekhyun. “Thank you very much” Baekhyun said ironically. “Now, do you have any idea why are we here? And why are we here together?” he asked, but didn’t really expect the taller one to know, so it wasn’t surprise for him when Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“By the way, what did you mean by ‘nothing good happens if you try to do anything to anyone’ ?” asked Chanyeol, curious. “It means what it sounds like.” Was Baekhyun’s answer. “Trust me,” he added after a while “I found out myself.”

 

After that, there was almost a deadly silence between the two of them. “I’m dying from thirst.” Chanyeol noted randomly, he didn’t really care about the awkwardness that was in the air. He needed water.

 

After a while, there was a sound like in a post office when they call your number and the door was opened, a girl with a trolley got in, smiling like a flight attendant. Normally, both of them would try to cover themselves and do fuss about it, but there was water on the trolley.

 

The girl with the unnatural smile was holding a stun gun, so no one of them tried to do anything. She handed both of them a glass of water and a sandwich, the smile not leaving her face. When she left, it took them just a few moments to finish off the water and sandwich, although none of them was anyhow close to being full.

 

When they gave back the glass and a plate, they were left in the cell alone again, this time the atmosphere could be cut with a knife. Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun, he wanted to make something clear at least, when they were there like that, not being able to do anything.

 

“Why do you hate each other so much? I mean you and Kyungsoo.” he asked. Baekhyun’s face looked surprised for a while, but then it got back to the normal cynical expression. “Oh, so your friend didn’t tell you.” Baekhyun laughed a bit. “Tell me what?” Chanyeol asked again. Baekhyun breathed in and out. “About my sister that he killed.” He said then, his voice full of anger and sadness. Chanyeol stood still for a while.

 

“No way.” He shook his head. “He wouldn’t harm a fly.” He added. Baekhyun just shrugged, not wanting to get angry without a reason. “Trust what you want to trust.” He just said and leaned on the wall. “By the way, have you been to the Room 205 yet?” he asked then to avoid other questions about him and his sister. Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“Lucky you.” Baekhyun said. “But maybe you’ll get there. The last time I wasn’t alone in a cell, my next stop was that room.” He said and after a pause he added: “They try to find out how powerful and useful is your power there.”

 

-            -            -

 

“Go find Kai please” asked Yixing Suho, putting portions of freshly made food onto plates. “I also need him to bring the food to Taeyeon, I don’t think she’d like to see any of us.” He continued and Suho had to agree with him, feeling a bit guilty about getting too carried away the day before. He went to Kai’s room, but he wasn’t there, so he got back to kitchen.

 

“Where is he? He’s not in his room.” Suho shrugged, but Yixing just sighed. “That’s okay, he’ll appear, sooner or later, I guess I’ll have to bring her the food myself.” He said then and put one plate on a tray. “You can take one, meanwhile.” He said and pointed at other plates that were ready.

 

As Yixing said, Suho took one of them and started eating, while Yixing took one for Taeyeon upstairs. However, when he got back, he had a worried face on and was still carrying the plate. Suho stiffened. “She’s not there.” He said.

 

-

 

Taeyeon started to cough loudly as they appeared in an utility room. “I’m allergic to powder, you !” she complained as they got outside.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kai shrugged. “It still has some imperfections.” He said, meaning teleporting two people at once.

 

“Yes, I’ve noticed.” Hissed Taeyeon. “By the way, didn’t you say AFTER lunch? I’m ing hungry!”

 

“Change of plans, I hate beans.” Kai smiled innocently.

 

_____________________________

(A/N)

I'm sorry I let you wait for so long... I should update soon... also, I've noticed the number of subscribers were raised a bit, so thank you for subscribing ^^ I'd like to see how many people are actually reading it, so I'd love to see some comments, but it's up to you, isn't it :3 anyways, thank you even if you read this and don't subscribe, thank you for your time :)