Pixie Glitter and Confetti

To Fall in Love

“We have unanimously decided to drop you from the group.”

 

“What...?”

 

“You’re just not good enough anymore. We found someone better-”

 

“No, you can’t!”

 

“He’s older, a dancer, and can sing and rap better than you.”

 

“NO! THAT’S NOT FAIR!”

 

“I’m sorry, but life isn’t always fair Sehun. You are just going to have to accept it. It’s not the end of the world.”

 

“But I’ve worked so hard!”

 

“But he has worked harder.”

 

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!”

 

“Yes, we can. Besides, you are far too sickly to even debut. It’s just a cold. You could have easily gone to practice.”

 

“STOP IT. YOU’RE LYING!”

 

“Are we?”

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

“You just have to wake up and smell the roses, Sehun.”

 

“STOP!”

 

“Just wake up and face the truth.”

 

“QUIT IT!”

 

“Wake up!”

 

“LET GO OF ME!”

 

“HUNNIE, PLEASE! WAKE UP!!!” Luhan practically screamed. Sehun’s teary eyes shot open, and he was face to face with his hyung who was holding him down from flailing everywhere. The younger was about to hug the older one for comfort, but something inside stopped him. He covered his face with his hands to try to stop tears from flowing. Luhan removed the hands from the boys face and pulled him into an embrace.

 

“It’s okay to cry,” Luhan cooed as he caressed the back of Sehun’s head, “I’m here for you. It’s okay.”

 

The younger sobbed into the other’s shoulder while the latter continued to hold him with a gentle firmness. Once the sobbing seemed to die down a bit, Luhan removed Sehun from the embrace so that he could look at him.

 

“Did you have a nightmare?” Luhan asked sweetly.

 

Sehun nodded his head slightly.

 

“What was it about,” the older urged, “You were yelling a lot...”

 

The younger fiddled with the hem of his shirt as he explained his bad dream, “I-I was in a dark room. And I was talking to s-some guy with a m-mask. He kept saying I wasn’t g-good enough to debut, and that they found someone better that can-”

 

Luhan hushed the boy by giving him a kiss on the forehead. Completely caught off guard, the younger blushed by the other’s action. The older cupped Sehun’s chin into his hands making the latter stare at him.

 

“That was just a bad dream, okay? A completely unreal, untrue dream.”

 

“Y-You really think so?”

 

Luhan smiled as he moved some of the hair that was sticking to the younger’s forehead, “Of course. Now let’s get you cleaned up~.”

 

Luhan grabbed a wet cloth from the nightstand that he had prepared earlier. He began to dab the cool water onto Sehun’s sweat forehead and face. The older began to the boy’s pajamas since he never ended up changing before or after breakfast.

 

“Wh-What are you-”

 

“I’m just going to change your shirt. You sweated through this one.”

 

Sehun reluctantly let the other undress him. The Korean felt the delicate touches of his hyung’s fingers surprisingly calming. Once the shirt was off, the Chinese dipped the cloth into the small bucket that was also there and began to wash the excess sweat off Sehun who shivered at the coldness.

 

“Is it too cold?” Luhan asked as he continued to gently rub the younger.

 

“N-No,” Sehun stammered, “It’s fine.”

 

Luhan smiled as he finished and put the towel to the side. He went into Sehun’s closet and grabbed a lighter sleeping shirt. He helped the younger put his shirt on. Luhan went back to the nightstand and poured some medicine into a spoon.

 

“Open~.”

 

Sehun eyed the liquid as if it were some foreign goo.

 

“It’ll make you feel better, Hunnie! Now say ‘ah’.”

 

The younger opened his mouth slightly and forcefully said ‘ah’, reluctantly drinking the medicine offered.

 

“Here,” Luhan handed the water bottle that was there to Sehun, “Drink some.”

 

Once finished with that, Luhan got the towel and bucket and was about to leave the room but something stopped him.

 

Luhan turned around and noticed Sehun had reached out and grabbed his shirt from behind. Sehun too noticed what he had done and immediately let go of his hyung’s shirt. He quickly turned over so that his blushing face wasn’t looking at Luhan.

 

“S-Sorry.” Sehun muttered, embarrassed by his action.

 

“Sehun,” Luhan asked quietly, “Do you want me to come back?”

 

Y-Yes... Don’t leave me... Please?

 

“N-No,” he stuttered, “I-I’ll be fine.”

 

No reply was made from the other. Sehun turned over just to see his door close. All of a sudden he felt sick again. But not because of the cold but because of the stupid thing Tao called ‘love sickness.’ Sehun’s heart ached. 

 

I should’ve just said ‘yes.

 

It yearned for Luhan’s return.

 

But shouldn’t I be grateful that Mr. Annoying isn’t here right now...?

 

His heart thought other wise.

 

“Aughhh!” Sehun unconsciously said out loud.

 

“Are you alright, Hunnie?”

 

Sehun’s head whipped towards the door to see Luhan dressed in his own pajamas.

 

“Y-Yeah. Why are you...”

 

Luhan shrugged, “Just checking up on you. I’ll be going now.” 

 

He reached for the doorknob, but Sehun quickly said, “Wait!”

 

The older turned around, surprised, by his Sehun. He looked at the younger, waiting for a continuation.

 

“C-Can you st-stay,” Sehun mumbled under his breath while his bangs covered his nervous eyes, “Please?”

 

Luhan nodded and eagerly made his way to Sehun’s bed and laid down next to him.

 

“Don’t stay to close or else you might get sick...” The younger warned. 

 

The Chinese only laughed and adjusted himself closer, “I’ll take that chance.”

 

“But-”

 

“Shh. Go to sleep now.”

 

The older one closed his eyes while the other was still restless. Minutes passed, and he was feeling cold. But the one part of his body that was warm was where Luhan was lying ever so close to him.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“Are you awake?”

 

“No, I’m just helping pixies throw confetti and glitter everywhere.” Luhan replied with a smile.

 

Sehun frowned, “Hey...”

 

Luhan giggled, “I’m kidding Hunnie. I’m not sarcastic like you.” He stuck out his tongue making the other one blush.

 

“So anyway,” the little boy continued, “What’s up?”

 

Sehun stopped breathing for a second. How was he going to ask Luhan? It was mad embarrassing for him. His sense of pride would go down the toilet if he asked.

 

“Hunnie...?”

 

“C-Can you do what you did the other n-night...” Sehun mumbled almost inaudibly.

 

Luhan leaned in closer acting like he didn’t hear, “What did you say? I don’t understand mumbling.”

 

“C-Can you do what you did last night?” Sehun muttered a little louder. He turned his head the other way so the Chinese couldn’t see his red face.

 

Luhan tilted his head, “What did I do last night?” Knowing full well what the younger boy wanted. He just wanted the younger to say it though.

 

Sehun look at the other’s ‘confused’ eyes and mentally face-palmed himself. Does he seriously not remember?

 

The Korean took a deep breath before spitting out quietly, “Canyousleeponmychest.”

 

The Chinese pouted, “Don’t mumble, Hunnie!”

 

“Can you sleep on my chest tonight, dammit!” Sehun hissed through his hands that were covering his boiling face. He had never felt so embarrassed, weak before. He opened a tiny slit through his fingers to see what Luhan would say. Unfortunately for him, Luhan was so close to his face that only his hands were separating their faces.

 

“Did Hunnie just...”

 

“Yes, yes, yes, dammit, yes,” Sehun said quickly, “So will you, please?”

 

Luhan nodded eagerly. The older removed the younger’s hands from his face. Sehun shut his eyes tightly, not wanting to look at the other. Luhan giggled and kissed the embarrassed boy on the nose.

 

“See? That wasn’t so hard to say,” Luhan said as he settled onto Sehun’s chest, “Now go to sleep, okay?”

 

“W-Wait, you knew-”

 

Luhan placed a fingers on Sehun’s lips to prevent him from talking some more, “Sleep. Now.”

 

The younger nodded shyly as the older removed his finger and cuddled on Sehun’s chest. The Chinese pulled the blankets over them and whispered, “Nighty night, Hunnie~. Sleep well.” And with that, shut his eyes and ventured out to dreamland to help the pixies throw confetti and glitter everywhere.

 

“N-Night, Luhan-hyung...”

 

Maybe Tao was right after all...

 

...Crap.

 


*{author's note}*

*~~~*

 

Woot, woot! Updating in the middle of Baltimore in our creepy white van. I swear, it's like a e van, and there's only five of us, but there's room for fifteen people. LOL, free wi-fi everywhere! I'm currently working on chapter five. I don't think this will be just five chapters. Sorry, I lied, haha~! And I apologize for the late update! Thank you for all the subscribers though! Seriously, I'm so thankful!

 

Thursday, November 14, 2013 update: Chapter was previously called "Karma."