No More

To Fall in Love

“Sehun? Sehun, are you still there? Hello?” Yixing kept repeating the boy’s name over and over again even though the former knew the call had ended. He sighed and placed the phone back on receiver. He had no idea how the maknae took the news. Yixing let his eyes flicker towards the closed door of Luhan’s. Everything from that room was inaudible. The dancer looked to where Jongdae and Tao were in the living room. The two boys were silent, mindlessly staring into space. Yixing sighed and sat down on the couch, not wanting to disturb the three in the room.

 

Upstairs, Luhan was buried underneath the blankets. Kris and Minseok were sitting on both sides of the boy’s bed, not knowing what to do. Minseok was the first to attempt something.

 

“Luhan, you should eat something. You didn’t really eat anything.”

 

A small movement cam from underneath the blanket. Kris got excited, but the moving soon died down.

 

“No.” Luhan mumbled.

 

Kris groaned, “Please, ge. We’re all worried about you. Just eat something. Even Sehun-”

 

Luhan shot out of the bed and stared at the leader with tear-filled eyes. 

 

“D-Did he say anything? What did he say?”

 

The leader shrugged reluctantly, “I don’t know. Yixing was the one who was talking to him-”

 

Luhan scrambled out of bed ungracefully and opened his door. Spotting the dancer, he carefully made his way down the stairs. The three boys in the living room gave a small smile to Luhan.

 

“Yixing, what did, what did he say?” Luhan asked quietly as he sat down next to Yixing.

 

“He asked to talk to you.”

 

“...What’d you say?”

 

“Um...”

 

“Yixing, what did you say?” Luhan repeated.

 

“Well...”

 

“Listen to your gege and tell me!” The older strained.

Something inaudible came from the dancer’s mouth. Luhan sighed in frustration.

 

“I can’t hear you.”

 

Kris and Minseok had exited Luhan’s room, wondering where the boy went. They stayed on the steps to not interrupt the current scene. Tao and Jongdae were glued put to their original places. Both rudely staring at the two boys on the couch.

 

“I told him.” Yixing mumbled.

 

“What?”

 

“I told him, dammit,” the dancer looked in the eyes of his gege who were shocked, “He had to know. He’s your boyfriend, Lu-ge. He has to-”

 

“No,” Luhan interrupted, “No, you didn’t tell him. You promised, Yixing! How could you! How, how...”

 

He pointed an accusing finger at the dancer. A pang of guilt shot Yixing’s heart, but another half felt like it was the better thing to do. The younger reached out for his gege, but the latter pulled back.

 

“I can’t believe you did this,” Luhan continued, “I-I... Oh, my God. He hates me doesn’t he? He hates me.”

 

Yixing shook his head solemnly, “He didn’t say anything, ge.”

 

“Which means he hates me!” Luhan exasperated. More tears fell from his eyes as he pathetically tried to wipe them away.

 

“Luhan-gege,” Tao calmly said as he approached the boy, “I’m sure he doesn’t-”

 

Luhan smacked the youngest’s hands away, “I can’t believe it! Why would you tell!? Why!?”

 

The emotions of Luhan was getting more and more confused by the second. He was unbearably angry at Yixing for telling Sehun. He also felt like he was being betrayed by his other members, by his brothers. Tears were fogging up his vision. What would Sehun think of him?

 

“Gege, listen, he-”

 

His heart couldn’t handle it anymore. Luhan pushed passed Yixing and Tao and ran up the stairs, nearly knocking over Kris and Minseok. He flung himself onto the bed and further buried himself into the sheets. He made sure was securely tangles within them before he let out and ugly cry. Luhan had never felt so confused in his life before. It definitely felt like the end for him. 

 

No more hugs. No more bubble tea dates. No more kisses. Sehun hated him now. No more.

 

No more love from Sehun.

 

No more Sehun.

 


 

The house phone slipped out of the maknae’s hand with a loud clang. He fingers started to tremble, and his knees wobbled. Sehun managed to safely sit on a chair nearby without a disaster. His heart was beating faster than normal, and his palms were becoming clammy.

 

Hyung, is this why you didn’t want to talk to me?

 

Sehun looked at the phone again with fear in his eyes. Never have he ever wished he called up EXO-M in China. 

 

Because someone else touched you?

 

“Yah, maknae,” the dancer of the group called out to him, “You alright? You dropped the phone. Why aren’t you talking to your Lulu-hyung?” Jongin smirked at the last sentence.

 

Sehun slowly turned his head towards his hyung only to have the latter’s eyes open in concern.

 

“S-Sehun, your face is pale. What happened? Did Luhan...?”

 

The younger shook his head, “H-He, he, he was...”

 

“Sehun...” Jongin asked slowly as he sat next to the younger.

 

“Hyung was ually assaulted.” Sehun chokes on the last words.

 

Jongin’s mouth dropped. For once, he was at a lost for words. He put a comforting arm around Sehun who began to cry. Hearing the tears, the mother and father of EXO-K came in with worry.

 

“What’s wrong?” Joonmyun asked immediately before going to bring the youngest boy in an embrace. Kyungsoo did the same right after. 

 

“Lulu-hyung was, was...” Sehun’s voice cracked before tears overwhelmed his eyes.

 

“Go take a nap, okay? It doesn’t seem like you want to talk about it now. We won’t pressure you, but we’re here for you, okay?” Joonmyun said.

 

Sehun nodded meekly as he was carried into his room and placed on his bed. The leader gave the maknae a small smile before closing the door. Sehun laid down in silence. The only noise hear was his constant sniffing to himself. He was commencing any yucky sobbing yet. The news hadn’t hit him yet. His mind was still in denial of what Yixing had told him.

 

For sure he had misunderstood the dancer in the call. He hadn’t heard those two words. He didn’t hear his beloved’s name. Everything was just made up in his mind. Everything was unreal.

 

Sehun couldn’t convince himself though. No matter how much he tried. The words were scarred into his ears and memory. An unwanted sob escaped his lips. Sehun quickly put a hand to his mouth to keep the noises in. He didn’t want to disturb the other members, especially Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo, again. He stared at the window. The night was a cloudy one. Not a star in the sky. 

 

The maknae took out his cell phone from his pocket. He scrolled though his contacts until he reached a certain one. Hesitantly, he called it and was surprised by the immediate answer.

 

“Sehun?”

 

“M-Manager-hyung, hi-”

 

“Do you want to go?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you need to go?” The manager reworded his sentence.

 

Sehun bit his lip. Was it really this easy? “Um, yes-”

 

“Good, I already booked a flight to China tomorrow afternoon at noon. Be ready.”

 

He stayed quiet for a bit before quietly asking, “Hyung? How-”

 

“I have my ways.”

 

“I’m going to China, hyung.”

 

“I know, Sehun. I know.”

 

The manager hung up the phone while Sehun allowed his to slide out of his hands. His emotions were all over the place. Maybe the nap Joonmyun suggested would be very helpful.  He closed his eyes, and his thoughts immediately drifted to Luhan.

 

No more hiding, hyung. I’ll be there for you. I’m going to China. 

 

No more crying, hyung. I don’t want to see you cry. You look best when you’re happy.

 

No more of this, hyung. It’ll be alright. I’m coming for you.

 

No more, hyung.

 

I love you no matter what.