Strawberry Picnic

To Fall in Love

“Hunnie, c’mon,” Luhan yelled over his shoulder as he bounded down the grassy hill, “You’re too slow!”

 

“Aish, wait up,” Sehun called back, “I don’t see the point of you rushing!”

 

And you’re not the one holding the basket either. You didn’t even help, you buttwipe.

 

Luhan had already sat down underneath a tree by the time Sehun came down, out of breath.

 

“Why did you have to run so fast?” Sehun panted.

 

The older shrugged, “I felt like it.”

 

The younger rolled his eyes as he sat next to his lover. They began to spread out the tablecloth on the ground, making it smooth and even. Luhan opened the picnic basket that Sehun had placed on the edge of the cloth. They both took out everything inside. There wasn’t much, it was just the typical kimbap, some soda, and strawberries. Neither of them felt like bringing much nor making a lot. Sehun arranged everything so that’d it be in some order, getting an eye roll from Luhan. Once that was settled, the older immediately went for the strawberries but was stopped by Sehun.

 

“Nu-uh,” the latter smirked, “Not until after you eat the kimbap.”

 

Luhan pouted, “But Hunnie~...”

 

The younger shook his head, “No.” He got a piece of kimbap and held it front of Luhan. “Eat.”

 

The older reluctantly ate the food that was offered to him. It’s not that he didn’t like it; he just didn’t like the fact that Sehun was “forcing” him to eat it. Noticing the older’s upset personality, Sehun smiled and planted a kiss on the latter’s cheek. He pulled back slightly just to breath against the other’s ear.

 

“You’ll have your strawberries later, promise.” Sehun whispered.

 

Luhan sighed, knowing he wouldn’t get his way this time and ate the kimbap. The older was sitting in between Sehun’s legs while the younger left arm was wrapped around him, pulling in tighter. The two ate in silence, just enjoying each other’s company. Mother Nature couldn’t have been more kind by offering them a beautiful day in the park. Enough sun to stay warm with enough breeze to not sweat and just cuddle. Once the legitimate lunch was finished, Luhan eagerly went for the strawberries. He probably shoved three in his mouth before Sehun scolded him for eating too fast.

 

“Sorry, Hunnie,” he mumbled with his mouth still somewhat full, “I got excited.”

 

Sehun chuckled as he nuzzled his face in Luhan’s hair, inhaling his scent.

 

“You smell like strawberries, hyung,” Sehun murmured.

 

“You are what you eat, I suppose.” Luhan replied, not really paying attention.

 

The younger lifted his head, “Can I have a strawberry?”

 

“No.”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened, “What?”

 

“I want the strawberries.” Luhan whined.

 

“Hyung,” Sehun continued annoyed, “That’s for us. We’re on a date.”

 

Luhan stuck out his tongue and got a strawberry form the container.

 

“Ahh.” 

 

Sehun happily ‘ahh’-ed as Luhan fed him the strawberry. The younger rested his chin as he chewed on the fruit. There was an unusual silence coming from Luhan. Sehun eyed his lover with his peripheral vision and noticed him fiddling his finger. 

 

You’ve been like this a lot, hyung. Why aren’t you talking? Why are you so quiet?

 

He hugged his hyung tighter.

 

Please make an effort for me to know I’m doing everything right. Please let me know.

 

Luhan ignored or didn’t notice the younger’s attempted affection.

 

I miss you. Where are you?

 

The younger kissed him on the cheek. 

 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Sehun whispered in his ear.

 

Luhan shook his head, “Nothing.”

 

Liar.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

The older pecked his boyfriend’s lips as a response, “Seriously, I’m fine.”

 

Sehun sighed as he continued to hug him.

 

Something’s off. Why won’t you tell me?

 

Deciding that being sweet won’t help him, he began to kiss the other’s neck. 

 

“S-Sehun.” Luhan stammered at the sudden intimacy.

 

The younger muttered a ‘hmm’ against the older’s neck. Sehun hand soon found its way underneath his lover’s shirt. He tweaked a causing Luhan to yelp.

 

“Sehun,” Luhan gasped, “Not here!”

 

“No one’s watching.”

 

“We’re still in public!”

 

Luhan hastily got out of his boyfriend’s grip. His face was red and breathing slightly irregular. He looked away from Sehun who was utterly confused.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Let’s go home, Sehun. I’m tired.” Luhan replied flatly. He began to pack up the stuff.

 

“Wait, hyung-”

 

“I’m tired,” Luhan repeated sincerely, “Let’s go home, okay?”

 

Sehun didn’t say anything as he obligingly helped the older.

 

Hyung?

 

Luhan got the stuff and began to walk away.

 

Where are you going?

 

Sehun was about to reach for the older’s hand but something inside stopped him.

 

Don’t leave me.

 

Luhan walked on.

 

Please don’t leave me.

 

Sehun stayed behind as he watch Luhan walk away slowly. The younger felt a sharp pain surge in his heart. His eyes trickled with sadness and break. What he didn’t know was that Luhan was feeling the exact same way too. His heart was heavier than ever; his emotions more confused than ever. The exact same consequences for being infected with the love sickness.