Unspoken

To Fall in Love

Agonizing days had passed and nothing positive turned out for the couple. Sehun tried everything in his power to get his lover back, hold his hand, surprise him with a hug, anything to get his boyfriend back. Nothing worked.

 

“Lulu-hyung,” Sehun smiled as he saw the older come down the stairs, “Do you want to-”

 

“No.” Luhan answered quickly as he avoided the younger. Sehun quickly grabbed Luhan by the wrist as he passed and pulled him into a back hug.

 

“Hyung,” Sehun whispered, “Wh-What did I do? Did I do something wrong?”

 

The older stayed silent.

 

“Tell me hyung, I want to make it better.” Sehun cried.

 

Luhan shook him off his back, “It’s nothing.”

 

Sehun whipped Luhan around and firmly held the tinier boy by the shoulders.

 

“Something’s obviously up,” the younger hissed, “Why won’t you tell me!?”

 

“I CAN’T!” Luhan yelled back. He gently kicked Sehun in the stomach before running away.

 

Sehun’s knees dropped onto the floor. He buried his head in his hands. 

 

“I ing miss you, Lulu-hyung!” He called out to the boy who ran away.

 

All Sehun wanted to do now was curl up in a ball and cry.

 

I can’t do this anymore.

 

And that’s exactly what he did.

 


 

After a few minutes, Luhan silently peeked at where Sehun was before. The maknae was still lying on the ground in a huddling shape. A pang of guilt struck the older’s heart.

 

“I’m sorry Hunnie,” Luhan whispered from the distance, “I-It’s for th-the best of us...”

 

He didn’t even realize that his own eyes were tearing too.

 

“I hope.”

 


 

“Yah, Sehun-ah,” a voice called out to him, “Wake up.”

 

Sehun whimpered in reply. Joonmyun sighed and sat down in front of the boy who was lying down. He gently the maknae’s hair. Sehun sighed quietly, his lips wavering.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

The younger mumbled, “You know.”

 

“Okay, I know,” Joonmyun replied, “But what happened?”

 

Sehun sat up and leaned himself against the leader’s side. Joonmyun brought his arm around his maknae.

 

“I-I... I don’t even know, Joonmyun-hyung,” Sehun cried, “W-We were totally fine weeks a-ago. I don’t u-understand why Lulu-hyung-” Hiccup. “Is being s-so distant.” 

 

The younger cried harder than ever. Joonmyun felt the tears immediately bleed through his shirt. The leader brought the younger into a tight embrace, trying to hush him down.

 

“I-I don’t kn-know what I d-did,” Sehun continued through his tears, “H-He-”

 

Joonmyun kissed the maknae on the top of his head.

 

“Shh,” Joonmyun whispered as he his hair, “Calm down. Stop crying.”

 

Sehun tried to control his tears. After a few minutes, he finally did. He looked at his leader with sad eyes, “What did I do, hyung? What did I do?”

 

Joonmyun looked at him, “Did he not tell you?”

 

“T-Tell me what?”

 

The leader sighed deeply, “They’re leaving tomorrow.”

 

“What?”

 

“EXO-M is leaving Korea tomorrow.”

 

Sehun started to shake, “Th-That can’t be. They aren’t s-supposed to leave u-until-”

 

Joonmyun shook his head, “Manager-hyung is making them go early so Youngdae and Minseok-hyung can practice their Mandarin.”

 

“B-But-”

 

“Has Luhan-hyung not told you yet?”

 

Sehun shook his head lowly. He buried his head in Joonmyun’s shoulder.

 

Lulu-hyung, you . You ing .

 

Tears began to spill from his eyes again.

 

Why didn’t you tell me?

 


 

“Luhan-gege,” Tao knocked on the door, “Can I come in?”

 

Luhan didn’t answer. He only shifted himself away from looking at the door. 

 

“Gege, I’m coming in.” The younger continued. He entered the room with Luhan’s back facing him. Tao sighed and sat on the older’s head.

 

“Go away,” Luhan mumbled, “I don’t want to be bothered.”

 

Tao moved next to Luhan and shook him, “Luhan-gege, what’s wrong?”

 

Luhan again didn’t answer.

 

“This isn’t going to make it easier for any of us.”

 

The older sighed, “I guess.”

 

“I don’t understand why there’s tension between you and Sehun,” Tao continued, “Did you get in a fight?”

 

Luhan shook his head.

 

“Did he go to far with his PDA?”

 

“I-I actually don’t mind it.” Luhan blushed.

 

“You haven’t told him.”

 

The older stayed quiet.

 

“Gege,” Tao groaned, “You haven’t told him yet!?”

 

Luhan didn’t reply.

 

“Gege, we’re leaving tomorrow. Tomorrow! Do you actually think you can just run away like that? You have to tell him-”

 

“IT’S ING HARD, OKAY?” Luhan yelled. Tears soon spilled from his eyes as he pressed his palms against them to hopefully stop the flow. Tao was in complete shock of his gege’s outburst.

 

“It’s ing hard, okay,” Luhan repeated through his never ending tears, “I-I don’t know what to do. I-I... We were so happy in the past weeks. Everything was s-so perfect. B-But then Kris told us we were leaving three wh-whole weeks early, and everything inside of me j-just collapsed.” He bit his lip to somehow stop his crying. “Whenever h-he touched me, I wanted more. B-But now th-that we’re leaving, I-I-”

 

“Won’t be able to feel him anymore?” Tao finished for the stuttering boy.

 

Luhan nodded as he sniffed and tried to wipe his tears away.

 

“But I don’t understand,” the younger continued, “Why are you so distant with him?”

 

“Because,” Luhan whimpered, “Because I thought i-it’d be best for us. I’d p-push him away, h-he’d get the idea, we’d end it.” More tears escaped. “B-But it completely backfired, Tao. I-It backfired. The more I pushed him away, the more I yearned his touch, his voice, his smell...”

 

Tao began to the other’s head to soothe him down.

 

“Oh, God, Tao,” Luhan cried, “I miss him. I miss him so much. I miss his touch, his smell, his everything. It hurts so badly. Why does it hurt so ing bad? It feels like my heart is being ripped to shreds. I-I can’t do this anymore. I miss him. I ing miss him so much. I-I miss my Hunnie.”

 

A small knock came from the door.

 

“And this is my cue to leave.” Tao said quietly to Luhan. 

 

He quickly gave Luhan a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. When he opened it, he found Sehun with puffy eyes and red face. The bad mofo gave a reassuring shoulder squeeze to the maknae before officially leaving the scene.

 

Sehun nervously walked inside Luhan’s room. The latter quickly turned his head and covered it with his hands to hide his blotchy face. The younger took baby steps towards the bed. He heard Luhan trying to stifle his crying beneath his hands. He carefully climbed on the bed and tried pulling Luhan’s hands away from his face.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Sehun had managed to pry away Luhan’s hands from his face, but the latter shut his eyes tightly.

 

“Hyung, listen to me.”

 

Luhan continued to do what he was doing. Sehun sighed and pulled his lover into a tight embrace, catching the older off guard. His eyes shot open as he was in the hug of Sehun.

 

“I missed you so much too, hyung,” Sehun whispered in the older’s ear, “So ing much.”

 

“H-Hunnie.” Luhan sobbed in his lover’s chest.

 

You have no ing idea how much I’ve missed you.