I Need a Kiss Goodbye

To Fall in Love

The couple remained silent throughout the trip to the airport. While the other members were screwing around with each, enjoying the last few hours of time they had with each other left, the two savored the moment by comfortably leaning on each other. None of them said a word. They looked at each other once in a while, but never straight in the eye. Neither of them wanted to know how heartbroken they really were about this whole thing. In all, they resorted to holding hands and just absorbing themselves into the music from Sehun’s iPod, just wanting to stop all time.

 

Sehun felt the weight on his shoulders become heavier as he looked over to find Luhan sleeping soundly on him. The younger sighed as he adjusted his lover’s head to a more comfortable position. He looked out at the window watching the endless cars and building pass by.

 

After what seemed like an eternity of neutralized happiness, Sehun noticed the airport coming into the view. He bit his lip and turned his head the other way, not wanting to see it. His gaze averted to Luhan who began to stir awake. Luhan lazily blinked his eyes open and rubbed them.

 

“A-Are we here?” The older asked quietly.

 

Sehun only nodded in reply. Luhan sighed and nestled into Sehun’s side.

 

“It will be alright.” He muttered, reassuring his own self.

 

“C’mon, guys,” Kyungsoo said quietly as the van halted to a stop, “We... Have to go now...”

 

Sehun squeezed Luhan’s hand as they all fumbled out of the van. Luhan took one last look back before officially leaving the vehicle. The EXO members said nothing as they travelled through the airport. Depressing atmosphere filled the building. Even everyone not associated with them felt it too. It was almost as if a dark cloud had entered and nothing could clear it up. The boys were taking is slow as hell. They all trudged through the airports with no motivation. No one wanted this to happen. No one.

 

Joonmyun took a quick glance at the two who would seem to be affected the most. He regretted doing so. Luhan was quietly bawling his eyes out. His head was smothered on the side of Sehun. The younger had a grim expression on his face. His arm was protectively wrapped around his lover, and he tried to keep himself from crying. He was doing a pretty okay job until they reached security check point. 

 

The other members looked at each other, debating on who will tell the couple that they needed to let go. They all decided Kris would be the sacrifice since he seemed the toughest. Kris took a deep breath and lightly nudged Luhan.

 

“Gege...” He started. His older only shuddered at his touch and clung onto Sehun who had no expression to let go.

 

Kris sighed, “Luhan-gege, we have to go.”

 

A muffled ‘no’ was heard from the small Chinese boy. The tallest one ruffled his hair and grabbed Luhan by the waist and tugged him off Sehun. Probably not the smartest idea.

 

Luhan began to thrash around in Kris’ arms, screaming incoherent words. Everyone around the airport kept giving the scene weird looks. If they didn’t know they were originally together from the start, people would’ve definitely thought that there was some kidnapping going on. Sehun instantly kicked EXO-M’s leader in the shin. The Chinese-Canadian immediately let go of the screaming boy who ran into his lover’s arms. The EXO members looked at each other and sighed. This was going to be a lot harder than they thought.

 

Minseok and Jongin were the next sacrifices. The members devised a plan that Minseok would somehow distract Luhan and make him let go of Sehun. Jongin would be there for back-up.

 

“Hey, Luhan,” Minseok smiled cheerfully at the boy who was still in Sehun’s embrace, “Can I show you something?”

 

“What.” The Chinese asked flatly.

 

“C’mon, it’s over there.” Jongin helped pointing out to nowhere particular.

 

“Where.” Luhan asked again.

 

“Hyung, just come with us! It’d be better anyway.” Jongin rolled his eyes.

 

Luhan shook his head, “Nothing is better than staying in Sehun’s arms.”

 

Sehun felt blush creeping up onto his face. Sure, he was still sad about this whole damn thing, but he didn’t know Luhan-hyung would still be able to say stuff like that. Even in this situation.

 

Minseok and Jongin looked at each other and sighed. Once an unbearably cheesy remark was made, there was no way they could argue against it. They retreated back to the members with sad faces. 

 

The managers went over to the two and tried to talk some sense into them. They immediately went back to the group of boys with terrified expressions plastered on their faces. 

 

“Wh-What happened?” Tao asked. None of the members had ever seen their managers so frightened before.

 

“Luhan is scary when he starts hissing.” EXO-K’s manager said.

 

The EXO-M’s continued, “And I swore Sehun grew some devil horns.”

 

They all groaned in frustration. It was time for extreme measures. Talking amongst themselves in a hushed whisper, the Hunhan couple didn’t even seen to notice. The two were too busy hugging themselves and saying sweet nothings in each other’s ear.

 

“You think this is going to work?” Chanyeol asked in the huddle.

 

“It has to,” the EXO-M’s manager answered, “Or else I’m screwed.”

 

“We’d all be.” Jongdae concluded.

 

“Okay, ready guys?” Joonmyun said nervously.

 

They all nodded with uncertainty.

 

“And... BREAK.” Minseok giggled.

 

The groups split into two different teams: EXO-M and EXO-K. The creative juices weren’t really working at the moment. They positioned themselves behind the boy they needed to grab. 

 

Baekhyun made and obnoxious but silent signal on when to go. Once he did, the boys attempted to pull the couple off each other. The two started screaming their heads off as they scrambled out of their respective groups’ grasp. With no avail from the two, the groups managed to tear them apart. There was still unnaturally screaming coming from both. 

 

EXO-M dragged the insanely reluctant Luhan to security checkpoint. He tried everything in his power to run back into Sehun’s arms. Kris soon had to resort to carrying his gege over his shoulder.

 

“HUNNIE! HUNNIE! HUNNIE! NO! I WANT MY HUNNIE!” Luhan cried as he screamed. He flailed on the leader’s shoulder, but the latter had a firm grip on him. The security guards gave him a weird look, but Kris just replied with his ultimate face.

 

“NO, NO, NO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO!” Sehun wailed as he was being held down by EXO-K. 

 

Now practically every being in the airport was eyeing the groups. Who wouldn’t? Two incredibly attractive boys were screaming their hearts out while another five attractive boys (and two men) were holding them down.

 

Soon enough, EXO-M managed to pass through the security checkpoint with Luhan still yelling and crying. Once he saw this, Sehun stopped screaming. He stopped thrashing about and sunk to the ground.

 

“Oh, my God.” He whispered to himself.

 

“S-Sehun,” Baekhyun began, “I-It’ll be okay. You’ll see him soon.”

 

“Oh, my God,” Sehun continued as tears brimmed his eyes, “I-I didn’t even kiss him goodbye. I-I-I-”

 

The maknae soon bursted into loud sobs. He fell to his knees and buried his face into his hands.

 

“I didn’t say goodbye, I didn’t ing say goodbye,” Sehun chanted between his cries, “Oh, my God. I-I didn’t kiss him goodbye.”

 

EXO-K looked at each other with guilt creeping up their spines. 

 

“.” Joonmyun muttered.

 

A security guard came over to check on the scene.

 

“Is... Everything alright here?” He asked. Everyone, excluding Sehun, looked at him. 

 

“Umm,” Joonmyun began, “Well...”

 

“They’re s,” Sehun answered, “They are the biggest s in the ing universe.”

 

The guard, obviously shocked by the boy’s answered, continued, “May I ask why?”

 

“Because,” he hiccuped, “They t-took me away before I-I could kiss my b-boyfriend good-”

 

Sehun wasn’t able to finish his sentence. He just covered his face and let the endless tears flow. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo went over to the maknae to comfort him. 

 

The security thought a bit, “I’m assuming your boyfriend is the other boy that was screaming as he passed through checkpoint? He was yelling ‘Hunnie,’ I think?”

 

Sehun’s head popped up, “Yes, that’s him.”

 

“So you’re ‘Hunnie’ then?”

 

He quickly nodded his head. The security guard looked around the airport and squatted down next to the boy.

 

“I’ll tell you what,” the older man said, “I’ll let you pass through security and see your boyfriend one last time. But you have to promise me that you will come back right after the plane takes off, and you can’t see it anymore. Can you do that?”

 

Sehun’s eyes instantly brightened, “Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.”

 

The guard smiled, “Okay, follow me.”

 

The group followed the man to security checkpoint. The guard pointed Sehun to where the guards can pass through.

 

“Just go through there. Make sure no one sees you though. I’ll be waiting by there afterwards okay?”

 

Sehun nodded eagerly and secretly made his way through the way. The security guard gave him a thumbs up as the Korean boy disappeared.

 

“Ahjusshi,” Kyungsoo asked, “Why’d you let him go? I mean, I’m thankful that you did, but I’m just wondering.”

 

The guard sighed, “I guess I know what it feels like to be apart from someone...”

 

“You’re not really a security guard, are you?” Jongin eyed him.

 

He laughed, “Not at all. I’m just wearing their uniform for some commercial.”

 

“Then what’s you name?” Baekhyun smiled.

 

“Hangeng.”

 


 

“I DIDN’T KISS HUNNIE GOODBYE, I DIDN’T KISS HUNNIE GOODBYE!” Luhan wailed as he was carried by Kris. He started pounding his fists against the boy’s back and kicking his legs. Nothing worked.

 

“PUT ME DOWN, FACE!” Luhan yelled.

 

Kris rolled his eyes, “Gege, we have to go now. I’m sorry we had to do that, but we really have to-”

 

“LULU-HYUNG, LULU-HYUNG!”

 

“HUNNIE!” Luhan squealed. He squirmed in Kris’ shoulder, finally managing to free himself. He instantly sprinted into his boyfriend’s wide arms, making them both crash down to the ground.

 

“Hyung, hyung.” Sehun mumbled into Luhan’s ear.

 

“Hunnie...” Luhan cooed in reply.

 

EXO-M surrounded the two while eyeing Sehun.

 

“Um, how’d you get here?” Yixing asked the maknae.

 

Sehun just shrugged and helped Luhan up. Their fingers instantly intertwined. 

 

“I’m walking with you guys to your plane.” Sehun said firmly. The other members sighed but made no argument. There was no way they could anyway.

 

They walked towards the gate which seemed far. The two boys were in their own little world. Pointing out the silliest things and being distracted by the tiniest stuff. Anything to stall them from leaving each other. Along the way, Sehun had bought Luhan a stuffed animal for the trip while Luhan bought Sehun a bracelet which was immediately put on.

 

Eventually, they made it to the dreaded gate. EXO-M looked at the couple in fear of what was going to happen next. The two heeded no attention to them.

 

“I’m going to miss you awfully...” Luhan started as he averted his gaze away from Sehun.

 

“Hyung,” Sehun sighed, “Hyung, please look at me.”

 

Luhan looked at his lover with sad eyes. Tears were threatening to spill out any second.

 

“Lulu-hyung, I love you, okay,” Sehun whispered as he brought his lover’s sad face closer, “I love you so much. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I was still cold to you. I’m so sorry about that. I’m so-”

 

Luhan pecked him on the lips, “Shh, don’t apologize. I love you too, okay. D-Don’t forget me, please.”

 

“Hyung,” Sehun cried, “I-I can’t forget you. I never will.”

 

“M-Make sure you e-mail and Skype me often, o-okay?”

 

Sehun nodded sadly. Both of them now had tears streaming down their faces. The younger was the first to cover his face in embarrassment.

 

“Hunnie, no,” Luhan said as he pulled the maknae’s hands away from his face, “I want to see you...”

 

“B-But I’m ugly when I cry...” Sehun replied, not looking at him.

 

“Smile for me, Hunnie,” Luhan said sweetly as he cupped his boyfriend’s face with his hands, “I want to see Hunnie smiling before I leave.”

 

Sehun forced a smile, and Luhan did in return. Sehun leaned forward and kissed Luhan. The older wrapped his arms around the younger’s neck to deepen the kiss. After what seemed like eternity, they both pulled away sadly. They put their foreheads together.

 

“I love you, Lulu-hyung.”

 

“I love you, Hunnie~.”

 

“Luhan-gege,” Yixing called out, “W-We have to go.”

 

The older took a deep breath and tiptoed to kiss his boyfriend on the forehead. He began to walk away letting his hands linger in Sehun’s for as long as possible until finally he let go. Luhan checked himself in and looked at Sehun one last time. He was smiling, but there were endless tears falling down. The maknae waved at him as Luhan entered the bridge to the plane.

 

Why does the world feel like it’s ending?

 

As soon as Luhan was out of sight, Sehun dashed to the window.

 

My heart is practically cracking at every second. What am I going to do?

 

The bridge was soon taken down, and the airplane’s door closed.

 

I can’t get over on how much it hurts.

 

Sehun clutched his chest as he saw the plane start to go into turbulence.

 

“I love you, Lulu-hyung.” Sehun whispered as he watched the plane go on the run way and take off. Once it was out of sight, he dropped to his knees.

 

Oh, God. Oh, God. I can’t. I can’t do this anymore.

 


 

“Oh, there you are,” the security guard from before called out to the boy, “I thought you would have-”

 

He immediately shut up as he saw Sehun plodding himself back to the security checkpoint. Hangeng put a kind arm around the boy’s slumped shoulders. 

 

“It’ll be okay,” he whispered to Sehun, “You’re both strong.”

 

They both walked in silence back to where EXO-K was waiting. When Sehun saw them, he ran to them and buried himself into Joonmyun’s chest.

 

“He’s gone, he’s really gone.” He cried.

 

No one knew what to say.

 

*~~~*

 

Luhan sat by the window seat, staring aimlessly at the clouds. His eyes were red and puffy. The stuffed animal Sehun had given him was held tightly to his heart.

 

“Ge?” Tao asked.

 

Luhan didn’t answer. He didn’t want to talk at all. 

 

“We’re here is you need us, okay?” The maknae of EXO-M continued, unhurt by his gege’s cold shoulder. 

 

The older made some head nodding movement, giving satisfaction to the younger.

 

“I love you, Hunnie.” Luhan whispered to himself.

 


 

Joonmyun had to carry Sehun on his back to the van. The poor boy had no more energy to even think about walking. Once at the van, Sehun clumsily made his way back to where he and Luhan had sat before. He gasped loudly.

 

“Is everything okay?” Baekhyun asked.

 

He nodded his head as he sat down. He picked up an article that looked awfully familiar.

 

Luhan’s infamous beanie.

 

Sehun brought it to his face and inhaled.

 

I-It still smells like Lulu-hyung.

 

And with that, fell asleep.


{author's note}*

*~~~*
Saturday, July 4, 2015 update: Chapter was previously called "So Goodbye, Don't Cry, and Smile."