Luhan's Disease

To Fall in Love

“Let go of me.”

 

“But I need help with something!”

 

“Go ask someone who actually cares.”

 

“B-But-”

 

“It’s late now, and I don’t care. Leave me alone.”

 

Sehun ripped his arm out of Luhan’s grip. The older boy was pleading him to help him to do something in his room. The younger could’ve cared less though. Honestly, Sehun didn’t care for Luhan at all. It was necessarily ‘hate’ on the older; there was just something about Luhan that made Sehun uncomfortable. But whatever that something was, the younger continued to ignore it and headed for the kitchen leaving the heartbroken Chinese boy in the living room alone.

 

Tao, who had overheard the whole thing, was sitting on the kitchen countertop, mindlessly sipping his water when Sehun appeared.

 

“Hey, hyung.” Sehun said as he plopped down into one of the kitchen chairs.

 

Tao took another sip of water before answering, “You shouldn’t be so mean to him. We’re going to debut in a couple of months. You’re should be more tolerant of him.”

 

“To who?”

 

An annoyed gaze was the only response.

 

“Okay, I know who,” Sehun continued, attempting to ignore the other’s death stare, “But there’s just something about him that bothers me!”

 

“Like what?” The older said while lifting an eyebrow.

 

Sehun sighed, “I don’t know. It’s like... He has some sort of disease.”

 

The Chinese boy almost choked on his water from laughter, “What!?”

 

“It’s not funny, hyung,” the younger frowned, “I’m being completely serious.”

 

Tao lifted his hands in surrender, “Okay, okay. But what makes you think he has some sort of ‘disease’?”

 

Sighing, Sehun continued, “Like whenever I notice him looking at me, my face heats up. When he touches me, I feel my insides become all bubbly and uneasy. And what’s worse is when he says my name! Sometimes I feel like my heart is about to burst at any second! And when he does all three!? Might as well kill me on the spot!”

 

The older stayed quiet for a bit before exploding into a fit of giggles.

 

“What,” the younger groaned, “You’re supposed to be my hyung. Help me out!”

 

“Oh, yes. Luhan-gege definitely does have some sort of disease,” Tao continued after he calmed down, “Do you feel this way around other members?”

 

Sehun shook his head almost immediately.

 

“Ah, I think I know the problem then.”

 

Tao hopped off the countertop, strolled behind Sehun, and hugged the younger boy. He leaned in a bit closer so the the latter could feel the older’s breath in his ear.

 

“Do you want to know what this sickness is called?”

 

Sehun nodded slowly.

 

Chuckling lowly, Tao whispered, “It’s called ‘love sickness,’”

 

The younger’s eyes widened and pushed Tao off of him.

 

“Don’t joke around,” Sehun scoffed, “I don’t love him.”

 

“Really now?”

 

“Obviously not. He’s always around me. He keeps trying to talk to me with that annoying voice of his. And then he’s always touching me, wanting to hold hands with me. He’s just a pest!”

 

Tao sighed at Sehun’s dense mind, “You’re stupid.” And with that, left the room.

 

“I’m not stupid.” Sehun called out to the boy who had already left. He looked around the kitchen before burying his face into his arms.

 

I don’t like him, let alone love him Tao-hyung is just being annoying again.

 

Sehun lifted up his head and eyed the glass of water that was almost finished. He took a quick gulp of the remaining water and retreated back to his room to get ready for bed.

 


 

Luhan fiddled with Tao's fingers as they were both in the older’s room.

 

“What’s wrong, gege?” Tao asked, although knowing full well what was wrong.

 

Luhan stopped and looked at the younger with sad eyes, “Sehun pushed me away, again.”

 

Tao brought the littler boy into a tight embrace and whispered, “He just doesn’t realize it yet. He’s still young, you know? He’ll figure it out eventually.”

 

“I-I hope so.” Luhan mumbled into Tao’s shirt.

 

“Don’t mope about it, okay?” Tao continued as he lifted the older’s head to see those adorable puppy eyes pouting again.

 

Luhan solemnly nodded his head.

 

“Good,” the younger kissed Luhan on the forehead, “Now go to bed.”

 

The tinier boy climbed into bed as the other tucked him in.

 

“Thanks, Tao.” Luhan muttered before drifting off into dreamland. Tao just smiled in reply before shutting the lights and door.

 


 

“I don’t like him. I don’t love him.” Sehun kept saying to himself as he washed his face for bed.

 

“Are you still denying it?” A voice startled the younger in the bathroom.

 

“I’m not denying it if it’s not true!” Sehun snapped back.

 

Tao rolled his eyes as he leaned against the bathroom’s door, “Whatever. Good night, idiot.”

 

Sehun gave him the finger before the Chinese boy walked out. Sehun sighed and wiped his face dry. He silently walked to his room but stopped at a certain someone’s door. He had thought he heard quiet cries coming from the room but immediately shrugged it off.

 

“You’re over thinking Sehun,” he continued to convince himself, “Don’t worry about him. You don’t like him. You don’t love him.”

 

And with that, climbed into bed for a long night.

 


*{author's note}*

*~~~*
See? It's just a slight change. Nothing too crazy. It's still the same "How Hunhan Started" you first read - just beta'd, basically. Now, about the title of this fic...
 
Thursday, November 14, 2013 update: Chapter was previously called "Lu Han's Disease."