will that do?

Lucky Girlfriend

“Hyemi-uh, let’s eat dinner together.” Mum knocked my door.

“I still have much home work to be done, omma. Eat without me.” I answered while trying to write an essay.

I played around with my blue ink pen and crack my brain for that one question. After thinking for more than thirty minutes, I feel tired and put my head on the table. Even though it is only 7pm, I wanted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Where’s Hyemi? She is still not going to eat dinner again?” dad asked.

“Let her be. She still hasn’t able to get over it.” Mum answered while spooning out beef for me and dad.

“We have to do something about her. We can’t let her be just like that.” dad frowned his eyebrow.

“Omma, appa, just let her be. I bet she doesn’t want to feel like we are suffocating her. She has been with Jonghyun for a long time. It’s convention for her to be like that. I will feel the same as Hyemi too. I know she’s trying hard but give her time, appa.” I sided Hyemi and mum knocks her head.

“Minki’s right, yeobo. We have to give Hyemi some time. After that, we can try to help her.” Mum look at dad.

Dad didn’t give any answer and start eating his food. He sighed. Mum sighed and all of us sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Jonghyun-uh, starting next year you will be working with me.” Jaejoong hyung straightened all his documents and stretched back his arms.

I sit down on his red sofa in his office, playing my racing games on my phone. “Hyung, I’m bored.”

Jaejoong hyung sighed, “You weren’t listening to what I’ve said at all.” He walk up to me and sit down his sofa.

“You, Kim Jonghyun, are going to start working with me by early next year January. So, you won’t waste time and you will earn some money.” Jaejoong hyung said.

I continue playing and did not give him any answer.

He leaned in forward and push away my phone and put it beside of him.

“Have you tried contacting Hyemi?” He suddenly asked.

I feel like I have been stabbed and my blood rush through my body faster as usual. I shook my head and looked down the floor.

“You should try and contact her. She deserves to know every single thing that happened to you.” He answered.

“Yeah. I should try.” I said feeling all nervous suddenly.

At night, I called Hyemi and she didn’t answer. For the twentieth time I called her, she finally answered but she kept quiet.

“Baby-uh, are you there?” I said over the phone. She remained silent.

“Baby.” I said once more.

“Jonghyun, you’re married now. Don’t call me your baby anymore. I deserve to know this entire thing but this is not the right time yet. I’m not ready to know about all of this.” She hangs up the call and left me hanging.

“Jonghyun-uh, let’s eat our dinner. I have already cook something for both of us.” Hyuna barged in the room.

I ignore her and kept looking down the cement floor.

“Jonghyun-uh, this is my first meal with you as husband and wife. Let’s eat.” She tugged my sleeve and shows me her pouty lips.

“Kim Hyuna, can you please let go of me before I make you?” I said glaring at her.

She pouted and look down the floor.

“You know, Jonghyun-uh, it has been a week since we get married but not once have you given me your attention for me. I feel so unwanted.”

“I think you are mistaken. You. Are. Unwanted. No one wants you. Not even me. You’re like one annoying girl who keeps begging me for some stupid ice-cream.” I get up and went down the kitchen.

My stomach growled as I haven’t eaten anything since lunch.

I went and open the door to the kitchen and find only one common food. Ramen.

“Ha, and she said she has cook for me? I can cook this too.” I went out the living room and take my jacket and wallet along.

Walking in the night by myself, I thought of Hyemi who wanted to know all of this when it is the right time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Four months past and finally Aron and Minzy decided to get engaged. They have decided to be a fiancé and fiancée.

“Hyemi-uh, how will you think I look in that dress?” Minzy asked me while I am putting on a light make-up on her glowing face.

“They will look beautiful on you. I didn’t expect you to get engaged at such a young age. With Aron too.” I and she blushed.

“Okay done with your make-up and hair. Now, go and wear your dress. I will be outside.” I tapped her shoulder and walk out the room.

I look around her living room and saw many photos of me and her when we are both in high school. Then beside it, there were many photo frames of me, Jonghyun, Minzy and Aron together when we are celebrating Jonghyun’s 18th birthday.

“Hyemi-uh, how do I look?” Minzy sounded fifteen minutes later.

I smiled and smoothened her dress, “You look beautiful. Now, let’s go to the car and have a ride to the engagement hall!” I shoot up my finger and take all the belongings and locked the house, making it is safe before we leave it for the whole day.

When we arrived at the venue, the place is crowded by many people. One of them is Jonghyun. I saw him standing at a corner with his phone on his hand, looking bored. I wanted to walk up to him but then at the second thought, his married.

“Hyemi-uh, you can sit here with my parents if you want.” Minzy said.

I kept silent and still looking at the corner of the hall.

“Hyemi-uh.” Minzy waved her hand in front of my face.

I looked at her, “Go and have a sit. It will start real soon.” Then, she walked away.

I find a seat and quickly sat down to enjoy the happiest moments of both Aron and Minzy.

‘Even though they are shy and wanted to stop loving each other back then, they still get engage and soon they will get married. But, why am I and Jonghyun became like this? Why must he even get married when he is clearly my boyfriend?’ I thought and quickly shook my thoughts away.

After many hours have passed, finally it was 8 in the night. The engagement party for Aron and Minzy ended and they are happily engaged now. With a nice small ring with diamonds on both of their ring fingers, I felt envy for both of them.

“Congratulations’ Minzy, Aron. I pray for you that both of you will live happy and not to fight a lot. I hope that I will be able to come to you guys wedding in the future.” I hugged Minzy and gave Aron a hand shake.

“We pray and wish that you will be happy too, Ryu Hyemi.” Aron said and turned his head behind him.


“Minzy-uh, let’s go. We still have many guests to attend to.” Aron said and Minzy thanked and waved goodbye to me.

I sighed and walk back home. Suddenly, I heard footsteps jogging towards me.

He called out my name and my heart literally stopped beating. It’s Jonghyun.

I stopped walking and face forward without looking at him.

“Baby-uh, we need to talk.” He put his hand on my shoulders.

“Jonghyun, we are over right? You’re married now. I’m not yours anymore. Hyuna is.” I gave him a look.

“She was never mine! I was forced to get married to her…” He suddenly stopped and look at my neck.

“Babe, you took out the three necklaces I gave it to you?” He asked.

I kept silent and look away from him.

“Baby, you know what? This whole arranged marriage is ! This is ing annoying! You know that you will always be mine and only mine?! And I will only be yours and only yours?! Don’t you remember how you came to me in my dreams even before we met each other?! Do you even care to know about that?!” He questioned while shouting at me.

“You should have contacted me earlier saying that you will be marrying Hyuna soon before I went to California. I care about little things and little stories you said to me, but how are you gonna expect me to just believe in you and keep hurting myself? Even though this is just an arranged marriage and you don’t love her, you make my heart break into two and never will my heart be normal with the fact that YOU, MY BOYFRIEND IS NOW MARRIED TO A GIRL HE HATES ONCE DURING HIGH SCHOOL LIFE. YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND ME, KIM JONGHYUN!” I spat out all my feelings on him and walk away hurriedly.               

I quickly find any available seat to sit down and wipe away all my tears.

~~~~~~~~~~`

“Even though this is just an arranged marriage and you don’t love her, you make my heart break into two and never will my heart be normal with the fact that YOU, MY BOYFRIEND IS NOW MARRIED TO A GIRL HE HATES ONCE DURING HIGH SCHOOL LIFE. YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND ME, KIM JONGHYUN!” Hyemi walked away and leave my hanging there with my jaw nearly dropped off.

“Did she just shouted at me and leave me hanging here all by myself to figure out what she said just now?” I said to myself.

“I told you. She will never be able to be yours again, Kim Jonghyun. You are now married to me and you can just forget about her. Once we have a child, you won’t dare to leave me alone whereas, you have to leave Hyemi alone and let her figure out what she has to do in the future.” Hyuna came up to me and said that.

I shot her a glare and walk away, far away from the miserable place. I went back home and take a quick shower and went to sleep straight after that. Instead of sleeping in the master bed room, I take my pillows and things I need at night and sleep in the guest room.

The next day, I woke up earlier than usual and went to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Guys, what should I do? He didn’t even want to acknowledge me as his wife after we have been married for months now.” Hyuna sighed while drinking soju with her group of guy friends.

“Then you will have to find a way to make him to be closer with you and not to divorce you anytime soon. Let me think of a way.” A guy friend gulped down his drink and tapped his chin.                                  

“How about making him drunk and then you will get pregnant with his child and when he knows that he has a responsibility to bear, he won’t leave you.” He came up with an idea.

“But the problem is, he didn’t even let me touch him and the past few months we are married, he didn’t even want to touch my hand. How do I even get him to make me pregnant?” Hyuna sound desperate.

“Then, ask someone to help you to get pregnant and when you get pregnant, he will think it is his child and will not leave you for that girlfriend of his.” He completed the sentence with a big grin on his face.

“So, the problem will be solved by me getting pregnant? I’m not ready yet, you know.” Hyuna sighed.

“If not, you will have to let him be with his girlfriend.” He shrugged his shoulder and pours more soju into his cup.

Hyuna thought for a while and finally agreed to the stupid idea.

“How about you help me, HimChan?” She asked.

HimChan, her friend, spat out his drink and raised his eyebrow.

“Since Jonghyun won’t want to touch me, you have to help me. You have to make him thinks that the child is actually his and then he will get confused, am I right?” Hyuna clicked her fingers together.

“You sure about this, Hyuna?” He asked Hyuna. Hyuna nodded.

“Well, I can’t say no.” HimChan said and stands up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Sorry for the ish update. >.<