Night talk and secret.

Lucky Girlfriend

“Baby, I’ve done my research. It’s your turn to do them. I’m going to sleep.” Jonghyun who laid on hiw back lazily on my bed while I am doing my History essay.

He wanted to get up but I pulled his wrist back.

“All right. All right. I stay right beside you okay, baby?” He said while laying back down.

“That’s not what I want. Go and do you History essay. Mid-term in two more months, Jonghyun.” I said resuming my History Essay.

“Baby, I’ve done all this for six damn years. I don’t want to do this anymore.” He groaned.

“Well, you have too. Who asked you to stay back for another two years.” I answered without looking at him.

“Because if I don’t listen to what Miss Dara said, I won’t be with my angel right now. And that angel is you.” He sat closer to me and lean his head on my table.

“Then, your angel here is ordering you to do your essay.” I replied.

“Aissh. Baby, you like to torture me huh? You know I can’t say no to you.” He stood up and pulled my hoodie back.

“Kim Jonghyun!” I wear back my hoodie and he came back in with his materials and papers in his hand.

“This is not torturing, Jonghyun. This is for your own sake. You don’t want to stay back when all of us graduate, right?” I said giving him a small smile.

“You’re right. Where do you want to go after we graduate?” He questioned.

“I don’t know. But I know what I want to be in the future.” I answered.

He sat up straight and asked, “What do you want to be?”

“Interior designer.” I answered looking around my room.

“Interior designer? Why don’t you be a model for magazine? You will be one hot model, baby.”

“Aish. Interior design is what I want to be. I’m not interested in modeling or fashion, Jonghyun.”

“What a waste. Never mind, you will be my one and only model.” He returned back his position on put his answer sheet on his lap.

“That is not what a student should be doing. You should do on a table, not on your lap. Your hand writing will be a mess.” I snatched back his paper and put it on the end of my table.

“You talk a lot, baby.” He shook his head.

“For your own good.” I sighed.

“I know you care about me. Now, how should we start?” He looked at me with a confused expression.

I teach him on how to begin in answering essay’s questions. After we have done all of our homework in a silence surrounding, we resumed back our night talks together.

“Jonghyun.” I started.

“Umm?” He answered while putting back his pens into his pencil case.

“You didn’t tell me what happened to you before. You know, about your family and why did you retained for another year.” I carefully asked him.

“Should I tell you, babe?” He asked again.

“If you’re comfortable with it. I don’t force you to tell me.”

“If everything that you want to know, I’m comfortable with it. What should I start with?”

“Anything.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Do you even believe that I am a playboy once before I met you?” He asked.

“Really? You’re a playboy?” I opened my eyes widely in shock.

“Don’t worry. I’ve changed since I dreamt of you. My life back then is nothing but freedom.”

“Jaejoong hyung just started his work as a business man for a shopping mall company. Mum and dad are both lawyers and I have no one to turn to whenever I have a problem. I’m just a growing boy then. My friends influenced me to be part of them. All of them are three years older than me. Since then, I’ve started to learn smoking, staying back late until dawn, didn’t even bother to come back home, played with girls heart, but baby, I didn’t sleep with any girls before.” He nodded.

He continued, “Back then I had many noonas and girls my age all around me. I thought that I found my happiness back then, not with my family but with friends. I slacked at school, sleep during lesson and even came to school more than an hour late. I was recognized as the bad student and one of the kingkas in the school. When final year came around, I didn’t do well. I didn’t even bother to study. The next year came and I have to retain again until the year you came into the school. After my parents know that I will be retaining for another year, they said that I am a bad reputation for a lawyers son. They kicked me out of the house and abandoned me. Since then, you came into my dreams and I started to change my life. You will always come into my dreams when I have problems with me.” He explained all the things I wanted to know.

“So, you said that I came in your dreams every time you have a problem?” I asked just to make sure.

“Yeah. I didn’t even dream about any girls before. Even though we have not met yet, you still came into my dream and said, “Hi Kim Jonghyun. I’m Ryu Hyemi. Let’s meet in the near future.” Do you know that?” He replied.

“Really?” I asked again.

“You don’t believe me, baby? Since the day you came into my life, I’ve changed my personality and hardly talk to others. That’s why I chose to be in a dorm with you. I know you will be a good girlfriend.” He teased.

“And here we are, in your room talking about this. We have already been together for more than three years. Our four year together will be coming soon, right?”

“Yes. So, am I a good girlfriend to you? Or do you want other girls?” I said.

“Having you in my life is all I wanted. I don’t need other girls, baby.” He smiled and took my hand.

“You know, my wish came true. I wanted to change and be a good boyfriend to you in the future, now here I am being a good boyfriend to you, do you agree?” He asked.

“More than good, Jonghyun.” I smiled.

“I knew it. Even Aron said that you are lucky to have me as your boyfriend.” He raised his eye brow.

“You sound arrogant right now, seriously.” I with my not-so-interested face.

“Oh really? Me arrogant? You don’t know how arrogant I can be, baby.” He put my pillow over his face and I snatched it.

“Excuse me, boy. This is my room. You want to go to sleep, sleep at your room.” I pushed him aside until he landed on the ground.

“Playing rough, baby? You’re violent? What happened to my lovely angel?” He pouted.

“Your angel has flew away. Got to sleep. I don’t want to sleep late. It’s already midnight.” I shoved my alarm clock to his face playfully.

“The night is still young, baby. Fine, I’m going to find my angel that has flew away from me. Goodnight, violent girl.” He stood up and walked towards the door and closed it.

“Haish, boys will be boys.” I packed up my bag for tomorrow and suddenly the door opened back.

I didn’t want to look back. Suddenly, a hand hugged me from behind and put his hand on my waist.

“I’ve found my angel that flew away from me.” He whispered on my ear.

You can’t imagine how I was feeling whenever he did that.

“She’s right here. Packing up her things for school and she wanted to go to sleep early because it is already midnight. I wanted to sleep on her bed but she shoved me.”

I pushed him right on his chest when I turned back.

“All right. That’s enough, Jonghyun. Go to sleep.” I said with a stern look.

“You’re so serious, baby. But please don’t be too strict when our child wants something in the future.” He teased and smiled innocently.

“Kim Jonghyun, you’re done?” I tilt my head towards him.

“Fine, baby. I’m out but before that.” He leaned forward and kissed my cheeks.

“I love you, baby. Don’t forget that.” He smiled and locked the door after him.

I leaned on the door and said softly, “I love you too, Kim Jonghyun.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“I will start collecting your models for your project by tomorrow. Remember to finish up your project by tonight and bring your model tomorrow. I don’t want late submission.” Miss Dara reminded our class when her class has finished.

“Hyemi, the model is with you, right?” Minzy came to me.

“Yeah. Don’t worry. I will bring the model tomorrow. Do you even know how heavy is that thing? Selfish Aron.” I pouted.

“Hey, you can just ask Jonghyun to carry it with you. Come and let’s go to the canteen. I’m famished.” Minzy dragged me out of the classroom.

We walked into the corner of the corridor and I bumped onto someone.

“Look where you’re going, my angel.” I looked up and saw Jonghyun in front of me.

“Sorry. I wasn’t paying attention when I was walking.” I said.

“You better do because if you don’t , you won’t know what will happened if you bumped into either a depressed girl or a queenka or even a ert student.” He remind me. We were just inches away and my heartbeat is like much more faster than usual. People who walked passed us, look as if something interesting is going on.

“All right, all right. I’ll be careful. Bye Jonghyun.” I said and walked beside him.

“Bye, baby. Love you.” He shouted and the students gasped.

“What? Haven’t heard people said I love you before?” He rolled his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~`

After people has heard that I called Hyemi, baby and said I love you to her, many of the students stared at me like I’ve done something wrong.

“What the hell is wrong with you guys?” I walked into the classroom with all the eyes that are staring at me.

“JR, you’re attached with someone in this class?” A girl asked with her shoulder deflated.

“Should I tell you guys? Forget it. This is not even your problem.” I answered coldly.

“Hyemi is your girlfriend?” She asked again.

“So, if she is my girlfriend, do you have a problem with that?” I answered.

Her eyes began teary but I didn’t even give a damn care. Who cares about her?

“Hyemi, is your girlfriend?” A boy came to me abruptly.

“What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why into my business. Yes yes. HYEMI IS MY GIRL. HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?” I answered and stand up from my sit.

There was absolutely silence.

“. I just let the secret out.” I stomped out the class in frustrations.

“Baby is so going to be mad at me. Aish!” I kicked an innocent thrash bin and the students around looked at me.

I ignore them and went to the cafeteria to buy a chocolate milkshake to cool down myself.

~~~~~~~~~~`

The day ended and I noticed there is a changed in my classmates looks.

“What are looking at me like that, Hayden?” I asked Hayden that stand beside me after school ended for the day.

“Are you attached with some guy in this class?” He asked.

“WHAT?!” I was really shocked.

“A guy just now just shouted that you are his girl during recess time or is he just saying things?” Hayden said again.

“Who said that, Hayden?” I asked him.

“Your roommate. JR.” He replied.

“JR? Jonghyun? He shouted that to the whole class?”

“Yes. You’re not his girlfriend, are you?” His questions make my heart beat faster.

“Actually, I have to go back first. See you tomorrow, Hayden.” I slung my bag on my shoulders and walked out the class fast before other tell me about that.

Jonghyun called me.

“Baby, where are you? How can you just walk away? We can go back together, you know.” He said.

“Right. We can walk together now because you just shouted to our classmate that I am your girlfriend. How can you do that, Jonghyun?” My legs are wobbly.

“Don’t worry, baby. They didn’t say anything.” He said.

“Exactly. They will think that I forced you to be with me. How can a boy like you be with a girl like me?” I asked, sighing.

“No worries, baby. I’ll protect you. By the way baby, I have basketball training today. Meet you at dorm later. Love you, baby. Don’t amble when you going back. Be careful of strangers and stay at home. I’ll bring something home for, all right? Bye.” He reminded me and hangs up.

I walked out the toilet and walk quickly towards the main gate ignoring what other said.

“This is so awkward.” I looked down the ground and went straight to the dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~`

“You heard, right Hayden?” Baekhyun asked.

“What?” I answered lying down the couch.

“That JR and Hyemi are together.” Baekhyun replied.

“She did not answer my same question just now. I guess they’re not together.” I answered.

“Are you for real? Of course she won’t admit that she is with a boy who are much more popular than her. She’s just a quiet girl in this school.” Baekhyun said.

“Baekhyun, you’re done? I know that you will ask me to give up on her but please I won’t give up anything that I want to have.” I stood up and took my jacket from the hanger.

“Where you’re going?” Baekhyun asked.

“Anywhere where it is quiet.” I closed the door after I stepped out of the dorm.

‘Ryu Hyemi, why don’t you tell me the truth when I asked you that question?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~`