Reconciliation and Suspension

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

After English class was over, Jieun stormed out of the room.

Her anger had died down quite a bit, but Jieun wanted to give Suzy the impression that she was still mad.

Jieun spotted Thunder, so she headed to their normal lunch spot on the grass, and plopped down.

"Hey," she greeted casually.

"Hey," he responded. "Did you sleep in class again?"

"Nope! Not today!"

He raised an eyebrow. "Uh-huh."

"I mean it, oppa! I was focusing really hard in my classes!"

"Really."

"Yup! But, I still have no idea what to do..."

"Huh? For what?"

"For my revenge of course!"

"What about accepting Suzy's help, just this once?" Thunder suggested, feeling a tiny bit guilty for ratting out his thoughtful girlfriend.

"But I don't need the help!"

Just then, Suzy arrived. "Jieun, just accept our help. Please? Just this time?"

"Our? So both of you bought those things?"

"Err, sort of."

"But don't worry! They were on sale!" Thunder helpfully added. Were they? I really have no clue about most of the stuff. But I know for a fact that the bike wasn't.

"Let's make a compromise. How about it?" Suzy suggested.

"What is it?"

"We'll swap the bike for a cheaper one. Just keep the other stuff I bought. Those were on the clearance rack or on sale." Huge white lie there. None of the items were on sale, but oh well. It's for Jieun's own good.

"The bike you bought me must have cost a fortune! I saw the tag saying that it was made in Europe!"

"Maybe a fortune for you, but not to me!" Suzy joked. "So, if it makes you feel better, let's just exchange it, okay?"

"Fine," Jieun consented.

"Yay!" Suzy smiled.

"But..."

Suzy's smile faded.

"...if you help me again, your hair will be gone the next day!"

"No! Not the hair!"

Jieun and Thunder laughed.

-----

After school, Suzy asked her chauffeur to drop the black bike at Jieun's home.

Then they headed to T.O.P. Mall to exchange the expensive European bike.

This time, Jieun tried the bikes. She chose a blue one that looked similar to the one Suzy had bought. The only difference was the price tag and the locations of making the parts.

"Thank you, Suzy," Jieun smiled.

Her friend pouted. "You should have just kept the other one. But you're welcome!"

-----

The next day, Jieun happily rode her new bike to Seoul University with a bright smile.

"About time," Sojin smirked when she saw Jieun riding it.

"Where'd you get the money for a bike? Huh, Jieun? Steal it?" Jihae taunted.

"It seems to be a fairly affordable bike, but I'm sure you must have gotten money from the mafia or something!" Yura jeered.

"Yeah. There is no way that you bought it," Minah cruelly added.

"Why don't you just leave, Ms. Scholarship Freshman Loser?" asked Hyeri.

"No one. I repeat, no one, likes you," Sojin finished off the group's taunts.

As usual, Jieun did her best to ignore their harsh comments. But being a normal human, the words did hurt.

Suddenly, Suzy's limo pulled up. Suzy gracefully stepped out, then glared at Girl's Day. Her mom (the principal) also got out. Then she strolled over to the queenkas.

"H-Hello, Mrs. Bae." They all bowed respectfully.

"What did you ladies say to Lee Jieun here?

"...Uh..."

"Well, I heard extremely rude comments and insensible remarks. Also, according to my sources, you all have been bullying Jieun daily. Am I correct?"

Girl's Day was silent.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Silence again.

"Well in that case, you five are suspended from Seoul University for the rest of today and tomorrow to reflect on your wrongdoings. Bullying is not tolerated and will never be a part of our university. Understand?"

"Y-yes, Mrs. Bae," they chorused sullenly.

"If you continue after your suspension period is over, there will be more consequences. Understand?"

Girl's Day nodded.

"Good then. You five won't be here at school today, but at home. I've already told your parents. Today, you'll be doing tiring chores at home and volunteering for nine hours. You should probably get started. Bye then."

When her mom finished, Suzy was giggling. "Hahahaha!"

Jieun gave her a confused expression. "Huh?"

"Those spoiled idiots deserve the chores and volunteering. They'll just hate it!" She laughed some more.

-----

The rest of the day proceeded normally.

Jieun was back to dreamland in her classes, causing her teachers to frustratedly sigh again.

"And I thought she had changed for the better," Mr. Park muttered as he wrote English grammar rules on the whiteboard.

Luckily for her, they didn't have the heart to call her out for it.

Since they knew about her family's situation, knew about the bullying incident, and saw slight bags under the pretty girl's face, all of the teachers took pity.

Apparently, even college professors can have sympathy and a good heart. Sometimes.

However, Thunder and Suzy weren't too lenient about their friend sleeping in class.

"How many times have we told you not to doze off during class?" Suzy exasperatedly asked.

Thunder nodded fervently, supporting his girlfriend.

"Uhh..." Jieun started counting on her fingers.

After a minute, she said, "25? Or was it 26? Or-"

"That was a rhetorical question! I wasn't actually looking for an answer!" Suzy replied and rolled her eyes.

After seeing what Suzy did, Thunder imitated her and rolled his eyes too. He also moved his hands in dramatic gestures.

"Oops! Sorry!" Jieun said. Then she burst out laughing after seeing Thunder's actions.

He confusedly stared at her happy face. "What?"

His blank and genuinely puzzled expression caused Jieun to laugh some more. And since laughter is most definitely contagious, Suzy joined in.

Poor Thunder. He was so confused.