For Jieun, No News is Good News

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

Key rolled his eyes and quickly gobbled up his food.

"Wang, I'm stuffed," he said. "May I be excused?"

Leeteuk spoke up, "But dessert hasn't been served yet, Master Kibum."

"Doesn't matter. I'm done." Done with eating with such a distracting person.

"Fine, fine. Leave," replied Wang.

"Thank you."

"But Key..."

"Yes, Wang?"

"I'm having SHINee move downstairs. Your stuff has already been moved."

"What? Why?"

"And, since you don't seem to want to spend time with her now, I'm having you move into the room right across from Jieun's."

"What?! Wang, really?!?!"

"Yes. This is final. You should know better than to argue, Kibum." Wang began to narrow his eyes.

Key gritted his teeth. "Y-Yes, Wang. I'll do as you say, even though I most definitely do not agree."

Wang waved his hand and said, "As long as you do it, it doesn't matter what you think. At least not yet."

"Hmph!"

Then Key stormed out of the dining room and slammed the doors shut.

"Wang, should I go talk to him?" Leeteuk asked quietly.

"No, it's fine. He'll come to his senses, eventually," Wang whispered back.

"Yes, Wang."

To the remaining SHINee Princes, Wang asked, "I'm sure that none of the rest of you will defy my orders, correct?"

"Wang, we'll obey them," they replied.

"That is good to hear. Then, let's continue eating!" Wang announced to them.

Jieun scooted her armchair down the table, closer to Wang's head seat.

"Halapoji (Grandfather)," she whispered.

"Yes, my dear?" he whispered back.

"Why?"

"Why what?"


"I don't want Key to be in the room across from mine!"

"Oh. I'm sorry, Jieun. But this is one of the few things I won't be able to change, even if you request it."

"But why?" She pouted and whined.

"We'll talk about this later, okay?"

Jieun pouted again then scooted back to the princes.

"Onew oppa, why is Wang doing this?" she asked quietly.

"Ah, we'll talk about this later, okay?"

"You too? Hmph." Jieun crossed her arms. "Why won't anyone tell me?"

"Sorry, princess. Not now," said Jonghyun. "Later."

Soon, Jieun finished her dinner and dessert.

"Halapoji, I'm full. May I go?"

"Of course. SHINee will accompany you."

The guards opened the dinning room doors and the five of them headed out.

Not wanting to seem too impatient, Jieun waited until they were near her room before asking, "Okay, so what's up with Wang and Key-ssi?"

The princes nervously glanced at each other.

"Uh, let's first show you around!" suggested Onew.

Jieun started to protest but Taemin cut her off.

"Yeah! Good idea, hyung. All in favor of showing Jieun around, please raise your hand," he said.

Every prince lifted his hand. Even Minho slowly raised his hand casually. Jonghyun and Taemin's hands shot up like bullets.

Only Jieun's arm stayed firmly put at her side.

"No fair!" she whined.

"Princess, the majority says that you'll get to know later. For the meantime-"

"We're showing you around!" exclaimed Taemin.

"Sheesh, Taemin. Stealing your hyung's lines."

The maknae playfully stuck his tongue out at Jonghyun.

But I really want to know what they're all hiding, Jieun thought. 

"Fine, fine. Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

"Sure. Let's start with your own room..."

Jieun's room could be considered the most safe bedroom. Wang had made sure that there were special locks and high-tech objects so that no bad person could enter.

The walls and ceilings were almost nuclear bomb-proof. The windows were radiation and missile-proof. The windows were specially tinted so that any person looking through them from the outside would only see the room, empty.

To enter the room, Jieun would have to press a button and have her fingerprints matched to the stuff already imputed into the machine that couldn't get hacked into even in a million years.

Before exiting the room, the many hidden cameras and detectors checked the hallways before letting her out.

"It's safe to say that you're very protected, Jieun," said Onew.

But I feel a tiny bit trapped, she thought.

"It's for your own good," muttered Minho quietly.

The bedroom was enormous, it was like a girl's dream room.

A fancy pink bed with silk covers and tassels was placed in the middle of the room on top of a fluffy white rug.


Next to the bed was a nightstand that had a round button, microphone, and speaker on it. Jieun could request anything by pressing it.

It also served as an emergency alarm if she pressed it multiple times.

The floor was made out of a dark, shiny marble and there were many crystal chandeliers hanging on the ceiling.

In the corner near the large window, there was a long white desk with an iMac. In the pretty drawers, there was a new iPhone, iPad, and a bunch of charging cables.

Taemin took the iPhone and handed it to her.

"Wang just wants the best for you," Onew told her.

"But this, this is a lot! Way too much..."

Jonghyun waved his hand in dismissal. "Your entire room barely cost Wang a thing."

"There's still more, Jieun!" exclaimed Taemin.

Even more? This is too luxurious...

Taemin opened a door and led Jieun to a huge and modern bathroom with silver faucets and mirrors.

The countertops and floor was made out of marbled granite. The toilet and bathtub were made out of the finest porcelain.

The shower had many knobs and hair care products. A white vanity desk had round lights surrounding it's mirror.

"You're lucky, princess. Our bathrooms aren't even this grand," commented Jonghyun.

"You should come see the closet, Jieun," called Onew.

There was a door in the bathroom leading to another room, an enormous walk-in closet.


Jieun's eyes widened as she stared at rows upon rows upon rows of casual bags, coats, sweaters, shirts, dresses, and much more organized by style and color.

Many shelves held new shoes which were also organized in the same way.


Another shelf held fragrances and makeup items. The one next to it had jewelry and a final shelf held hair accessories.

Everything was either a designer brand, or a "one-of-a-kind" type made in some fancy place. None of the price tags were removed.

"We don't know too much about girl clothes, but I think this room has a good amount for you," said Taemin.

"A good amount? This..."

Suzy would love this, but as for me...everything is too crazily extravagant.

"Wait, how did Wang know my size?" Jieun asked. "Don't tell me..."

Don't tell me he had people measure me while I wasn't looking!

Onew laughed, knowing what she was thinking. "Don't worry. Wang had Leeteuk hyung ask the workers at T.O.P. Mall for your sizes."

"Princess, there's still a few more rooms in your closet," called Jonghyun.

Jieun followed him through a door and her jaw dropped, again. This walk-in-closet was like the previous one, but it carried formal clothing instead.

The room next to it had other random categorized clothing including hiking items, funeral clothing, airplane clothing, and many more.

The entire closet was so big that it had a map above each doorway telling Jieun which room she was in.

They exited the closet, the bathroom, then she room. Jieun breathed a small sigh of relief.

"We'll just show you our rooms 'cause it's getting a bit late," said Onew.

Jieun nodded and followed SHINee.

"Right across from your room is Key hyung's!" announced Taemin. He pointed to a locked door.

Onew knocked and rang the bell near the door handle.

"Key, it's Onew. Open up," he commanded.

There was a pause, then Key replied, "Don't feel like it."

"Should we tell Wang?" threatened Jonghyun.

They heard a faint sigh. "Who's there?"

"Just us, and Jieun," replied Taemin.

"Tell the girl to go away."

"Come on, Key. Be a man and open the stupid door!" Onew was very annoyed.

There was no reply.

Onew took out his phone. "I'm calling Wang, Key. You have three seconds."

Taemin counted down, "3...2...1!"

Finally, the door clicked and Onew pushed it open.

"About time," muttered Minho.

"I hate fools who blackmail," Key said.

"Well princess, this is Key's room. You wanna look around?"

Jieun shook her head as Key exclaimed, "No!"

"Well if you don't want to, let's go to my room," said Onew. "And Key, you're coming with us. It's an order from Wang."

Onew showed him a message on his phone and Key sighed.

"Whatever," he replied. But he still followed them out to the next room.

Next to Key's room, was Onew's, followed by Jonghyun's, Minho's, and finally Taemin's.

It was getting a bit late, so they returned to Jieun's room.

"It's 'later' now. Can you guys tell me?" she asked anxiously.

The princes (other than Key who looked annoyed) looked at each other nervously.

"We don't know exactly how to tell you this, Jieun," started Onew.

"Why?" Jieun's eyes widened. "Is it...something bad?"

"To most people, probably not. But to you..." Jonghyun trailed off.

"You might find it a bit of a problem," finished Taemin.

"Hm, so what is it?" she asked anxiously.

"Uhh..." Onew hesitated.

"Just cut to the chase, you idiots." Key rolled his eyes.

"Jieun...Sorry..."

"You might have to marry Key," Minho finished.