Tutoring with Minho

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

Minho led Jieun to a different room. It was like a huge amphitheater with a stage and rows upon rows of comfy velvet chairs.

He motioned for her to stand in the middle of the stage. Once she did, Minho sat back in one of the front chairs. 

"Minho-ssi, what are you tutoring me?" 

"Adaptiveness," came the short reply. 

"Huh?" 

"Like, your ability to answer questions on the spot." 

"I have to learn this too?" 

And I thought manners for eating was ridiculous enough... 

"Yes." 

"Fine. How will I learn that stuff?" 

Minho didn't answer her question, but instead, he bombarded her with numerous questions. 

"Who were your parents? Were you treated well? What do they do for a living? How well did you do at school? Do you have friends? What are their names? Did you have a job? What was it? Do you enjoy the princess lifestyle compared to your original one?" he asked all in a single breath. 

Jieun was floored. "Wah!" she exclaimed. "Since you can say that all in one breath, does that mean you're good at swimming? Or maybe, do you play a band instrument? Like the clarinet? Flute? Maybe saxophone? Or-" 

"I swim." 

"Ah, I see!" 

"Yeah. So as for the questions, many reporters will be asking you things like that. Wang wants me to make sure that you can answer them without revealing too much and without making the reporters wanting more." 

Jieun nodded. "So, what information am I allowed to reveal?" 

"Your age." 

"That's it?" 

"There's more, but that's basically all you're allowed to tell." 

"Then how do I answer the other questions?" 

Minho shrugged. "Maybe you can pretend to be shy." 

"Won't that leave them a bad reputation of me?" 

"Possibly." 

"Aish!" she exclaimed in annoyance. "You're no help." 

Minho shrugged again. "Let's practice. Pretend that I'm a reporter." 

Jieun sighed and nodded. 

"Annyeong haseyo Princess Jieun!" 

He beamed at her with a bright smile that Jieun had never seen before. 

Jieun's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. 

Minho-ssi has a nice smile, she thought. 

As he started to say another sentence, Jieun interrupted and blurted her thoughts, "Your smile is nice." 

Minho froze and the tiniest bit of color appeared on his cheeks. A memory of his ex girlfriend quickly flashed in his mind. 

"Minho oppa!" a pretty girl called. 

She was jumping up and down while waving her hands. 

Minho turned and saw her. He smiled sweetly at her. 

"Yes, Sulli-ah?" he softly asked. 

Sulli hurried over to him. 

"Let's get a picture taken here!" she happily exclaimed. 

They were at the Han River and were looking over at the Banpo Bridge. 

Coincidentally, the water show started. 

"Wah!" Sulli exclaimed. "It's so pretty!" 

They asked a little boy next to help them snap a few quick photos. 

He nodded and did so. 

When the water show finished, Sulli had tears of gratitude in her eyes. 

"Thank you, oppa! Thank you for bringing me here today!" 

"Of course. Anything for you." Minho smiled at her and gently wiped the drops that threatened to spill. 

After leaving the show, Minho led Sulli to an average street vendor. 

"Sulli-ah," he said. "Let's get something to treasure this day forever!" 

She nodded happily. 

As they chose a pair of couple rings, both of them were smiling ear-to-ear. 

Sulli looked at his joyous face and commented, "Oppa, you have the nicest smile." 

Minho laughed and pinched her cheeks. 

"So do you, Sulli-ah. So do you." 

At the end of the day, Minho and Sulli headed arm-in-arm to the nearest photo generator. 

They printed out two copies of each image. 

"For such a lovely couple," said the ahjumma working at the counter, "let me give you two a little something." 

She took out a pair of matching key chains that could hold two images. Then the kind ahjumma let the couple choose their favorite two pictures, and she placed them into the image holder. 

"Here." She smiled. "Just a little something for the loveliest couple I've seen this entire month!" 

Minho and Sulli bowed. 

"Thank you so much!" they said. 

As they walked out of the store and looked at their pictures, Sulli said, "Oppa, you really do have the best smile!" 

"Thank you, Sulli-ah." 

Back in the present, Minho struggled with his words. 

"Uh ah um uh..." He rubbed the back of his neck and hoped that he didn't look like a complete fool. 

Jieun saw his fidgetiness and felt a bit apologetic for complimenting him. 

She too, rubbed the back of her neck as she said, "Uh, sorry." 

I swear, when she complimented my smile, my heart just skipped a few beats, thought Minho. 

He frowned as he thought, but my heart would only beat that way around Sulli. 

Then Minho bit his bottom lip. He was confused. 

"Let's c-continue this lesson l-later, 'kay?" 

"Sure, Minho oppa!" 

Minho's eyes widened a bit. "O-O-O-p-pa?" he stammered. 

"I-Is it okay if I call you that?" she asked, not sensing his awkwardness. 

"S-Sure..." 

"Um, well see you later, Minho oppa..." 

He nodded. 

Jieun hopped off of the stage and literally bounced out the door. 

I'm glad that we're on better terms now, she thought. 

When she shut the door of the amphitheater, Minho slumped into his chair. 

"What is this strange thing I'm feeling?" he mumbled. 

After thinking about it for a few moments, he hit his head and berated himself. 

"No, I can't. Bad bad bad. I just can't."


A/N: Hi! Thank you for reading! :)

So, I have a quick question for you guys... Are there any happy Kpop songs that aren't related to love that you know of?  Please tell me your favorites :D 

Eh, I have a super important cello audition coming up this weekend for a principal position, so I'll be practicing a lot.. Which also means, that I might not be able to update asap.. 

SO sorry for the inconvenience... But please be patient! 

I love you all for reading, commenting, and subscribing! :)

~ilove2smile