Proof

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

On the way to Wang's estate, Leeteuk briefed Jieun as the driver drove.

"Miss Minhee, have you heard of the SHINee Princes of South Korea?" he asked.

"Of course. They are always in the papers. Also, many students at Seoul University fawn over them. Leeteuk-ssi, could you please call me Jieun?"

"I'm sorry, miss. I'll need to ask for permission from Wang before calling you something else."

"Oh..."

"Anyway, about the SHINee Princes. As you probably already know, there are five of them. When we get to the estate, I'll introduce you to them."

"Around 16 years ago, one of our supposedly loyal servants betrayed us. Our estate was ambushed and in the confusion, he kidnapped you and ran off to an uninhabited area of South Korea. Many of our faithful people died that day. Wang, your parents, and some guards, searched tirelessly for you."

"But you were never found, until now. Wang was terribly heartbroken. When he heard news of your discovery, his smile could have brightened anyone's gloomy day. He was extremely elated to hear that you were safe and coming to live with him," Leeteuk dramatically concluded.

"Did the servant who kidnapped me get caught, Leeteuk-ssi?" Jieun inquired.

"Unfortunately, no. However, the fool was killed in a car crash. Some agent from his own agency planned his death to prevent any leaking of information. Serves him right."

"Do you know which agency?"

"Again, unfortunately not," he replied.

"Oh... I was wondering, Leeteuk-ssi. Why would you work for my grandfather? And how old are you?"

He looks like a 25 year old guy... Pretty young to be working as an assistant already...

"I am currently 28 years old. I was only 12 when you disappeared. I saw the face of the man who captured you that day. My father worked as Wang's assistant before me. H-He died when he was protecting y-you, Miss Minhee. So it is my duty to carry on his job."

"Ah, I'm really sorry, Leeteuk-ssi."

I feel indebted to him. If I really am the princess, it's my fault that his dad isn't here today.

"It is all right, Miss Minhee. Any more questions?"

"How does Wang know that I'm actually the princess? Maybe I just happen to look like his son and daughter-in-law."

Leeteuk chuckled. "Ah. Well you see, Wang said that you had a tiny birthmark on a certain part of you... And that type of birthmark is extremely rare."

Leeteuk handed Jieun a picture of her as a baby. There was a tiny star-shaped mark on the back part of her right hip. It was almost at her .

That's me! Or, it used to be me...

"A-And how do you know I have that mark too??"

"Sources." He handed her another picture showing the same mark. The only difference was that this one was taken yesterday.

Jieun was taken back. She wasn't wearing much in that picture. "You guys s-spied on m-me?!" she angrily sputtered.

"Not me, Miss Minhee. Don't worry. And no one spied on you. It's just that someone gathered some important information."

"Big difference," Jieun sarcastically replied, still embarrassed.

"I know, right?"

"Aish!" She crossed her arms and sat back.

No one needed to see that, she thought. 

"Anyway, let me tell you some basic information about Wang," Leeteuk said. 

Jieun nodded excitedly. 

"As you probably already know, Wang is the richest man in not only South Korea, but also in the entire Asia continent. His real name that almost none know, is Shin Wonsu. He's the CEO and founder of WANG, which is the company of popular kpop entertainment companies including LOEN, SM, JYP, Cube, Woolim, and YG." 

"Wow," said Jieun, "he's extremely successful." 

"Yes. Oh, we call him "Wang" because it means king in both Korean and Chinese. Once he sets his mind on something, it is usually really hard for anyone to change his plans." 

Seems to me a little bossy, she thought. 

"Ah, I see," Jieun said. 

They sat in the car with silence. 

Ten minutes later, Leeteuk announced, "Miss Minhee, we have arrived at the Wang Estate."

"Really?" she excitedly looked out the window.

They had paused briefly at a two-door black iron gate with a gold lion and crown on each side. Leeteuk gave a signal, and it slowly opened.

When they entered through the gate, Jieun saw that the estate was enormous and extremely beautiful.

"Wahh! It's so pretty!" she exclaimed, forgetting about the photos.

The driver drove on a white road that was lined with perfectly trimmed plants and clean marble statues.

Between the road and the plants, there were long lines of red carpet. The road went for a mile before forming a circle around a large fountain.

The car came to a stop at the base of the steps leading up to the mansion. There were guards standing at attention on the perimeter of the circle.

When Leeteuk opened the door for Jieun and she gracefully stepped out, they bowed.

I feel so out of place here, she thought. Everything here is so fancy, even the road! But I'm just average. Probably even below average.

"Welcome, Miss Minhee!" they called out.

"Ahh, t-thank you?"

"No need to be nervous, Miss Minhee," said Leeteuk. "Just be yourself."

She slowly nodded and gave a faint smile.

"Come, let me introduce you to your grandfather and the princes. They have been waiting for your return."