The Ice Prince

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

While Jieun was in the car, on the way to the Wang Estate, two of the SHINee Princes had a conversation.

"Hyung! Have you heard? The princess has been discovered!"

"What nonsense are you sprouting? She's been missing for 16 years. That's a long time," the older prince scoffed.

"But Wang even sent Leeteuk to inform her. She's supposed to come in a few minutes," the other argued.

"Oh, I see. Shoot." He was pretty unhappy to hear this news. "But, there is a possibility that she's a fake."

"Yeah, but what if she's not?"

"There are tons of 18-year old girls in South Korea. I'm sure a lot of them look like the late Master and Madam Shin."

"But-"

"She's probably not the real princess. I mean, what are the chances of that? Just a fake. I'll go talk to Leeteuk when he comes."

"But the girl will be there!"

"Even better. She'll know that she's not welcome." He smirked.

The other prince sighed. Hyung is normally a lot kinder, he thought.

-----

The car came to a stop at the base of the steps leading up to the mansion. There were guards standing at attention on the perimeter of the circle.

When Leeteuk opened the door for Jieun and she gracefully stepped out, they bowed.

I feel so out of place here, she thought. Everything here is so fancy, even the road. But I'm just average. Probably even below average.

Never had she seen such a huge and breathtaking home.

"Welcome, Miss Minhee!" the guards called out while still bowing 90 degrees.

"Ahh, t-thank you?"

"No need to be nervous, Miss Minhee," said Leeteuk. "Just be yourself."

She slowly nodded and gave a faint smile.

"Come, let me introduce you to your grandfather and the princes. They have been waiting for you, Miss."

Jieun cautiously walked up the steps in awe. She didn't want to trip, especially not on her first day.

Leeteuk knocked on the huge doors and the lock clicked. He slowly pushed open the door a tiny crack.

"Ready?" Leeteuk asked.

Jieun nodded her approval, so Leeteuk opened the doors all the way.

There were maids in uniform cleaning the enormous entryway. Some were sweeping, others were dusting.

When they saw Leeteuk arrive with Jieun, every maid stopped what they were doing and stood in two straight lines near the left and right wall.

"Welcome, Miss Minhee!" they simultaneously exclaimed.

"Ah, thank you," Jieun shyly replied. Her voice was soft and angelic.

She didn't see the five guys upstairs, looking over the railing at her.

"The girl really looks like the late Madam," one commented.

"Same facial features..."

"Maybe she is the princess."

"Maybe she is not."

"Stop being so depressing!"

"She looks pretty. Like an innocent angel..."

-----

Leeteuk led Jieun to one of her grandfather's office first. It was on the second floor, but she didn't need to take the main entrance stairs to go up since Leeteuk took a shortcut.

On their way to Wang's office, a young and good-looking guy slowly ambled to them.

"Miss Minhee, this is Master Kim Kibum, one of the five princes. He goes by 'Key' around the other princes," Leeteuk softly whispered as the guy came to stop.

"Good afternoon, Master Kibum," Leeteuk greeted.

"Good afternoon, Manager Leeteuk," Key replied softly.

Key took a long look at Jieun, then closed the distance between him and her by taking a few quick steps. He leaned over so that his face was just centimeters from hers.

Buh-duhmp. Buh-duhmp.

Jieun felt like her heartbeat sped up a bit.

After examining her features for a bit, Key said to Leeteuk, "Looks similar to Madam. Is it certain that this is her?"

"We are mostly certain, Master Kibum."

"Is there any evidence?"

"Yah!" Jieun couldn't take it anymore. Her normally shy and sweet personality was taken over by annoyance. "What's with your attitude? You all were the ones to ask me to come. It's not like I just waltzed in, stating that I'm the princess!"

"Wang will have to determine the answer to your inquiry," Leeteuk said to Key.

"So," he smirked. "It is quite possible for her to be a fake."

"Master Kibum, for the result of your words, I will take Miss to see Wang."

Key waved his hand as if he was shooing or dismissing them. "Go, go. It is better to determine if she's fake while it's still early. We wouldn't want to raise her little hopes."

Then he leaned in, quickly turned his face right, and brushed past Jieun. Key made sure that his left arm bumped into her. He coolly walked away down the hall.