Wang's Reason and a Teaching Surprise

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

"Halapoji!" she called. "Halapoji!"

Leeteuk ran up to her. "Miss Jieun, is something wrong?!"

"Does it look like everything is perfect?" Jieun tried throwing some attitude and sarcasm.

"No...That's why I asked-"

She spun on him. "Why do I have to marry Key-ssi?!?!"

"Well that...uh...yeah. Let's just go to Wang."

Jieun found Wang's office and knocked on the double doors.

"Come in." 

She rushed in.

Wang was facing the large window looking at the night sky and bright stars.

"So, my dear," he started. "It seems like you found out about something."

Jieun crossed her arms. "I heard that I have to marry one of the princes."

"Mhmm."

"And I heard it's most likely that I'll marry the most arrogant one. Key-ssi!"

"Mmm."

"But, why?"

"Because I'm looking forward to what he will do in the future, the most."

"Is that the only reason? Do you care about my feelings, Halapoji?"

"Prince Kibum is a very gentle person," helped Leeteuk.

"Gentle?! You've got to be kidding me."

"Jieun-ah. One day, I won't be able to take care of you. You'll be lonely, and I don't want that."

She softened and immediately regretted yelling.

"Don't say that, Halapoji."

"I don't want to, but it's true. Who knows? I may get a heart attack or cancer."

"No, no you won't."

"And when I die, I don't want to leave you lonely."

"I would have my friends," Jieun pointed out.

"But not a husband to take care of you. I can't, and I won't allow you stay single until your death."

"But even if it's not Key-ssi, why does it have to be one of the SHINee princes?"

"They were all brought up as if they were going to be my successor. No other man is suitable for you, except the princes. They know what to do if something happens. And they should know how to keep you smiling."

Jieun hesitated. She could tell that her grandfather was earnest and just wanted the best for her.

She sighed. "Do you really think that I'll be able to be happy with one of them?"

"I know so. Please, just consider it, Jieun-ah."

She hesitated.

"It doesn't have to be Key, if you really don't like him."

"Fine. I'll think about it."

"That would be good, dear. Just look for each prince's best traits."

Jieun nodded.

"On a completely different note, in two days, I'll be announcing your discovery to the public. Be prepared."

"So soon?"

"Yes, if we announce it any later, they might think that we were trying to hide the good news from the country."

"And that would be bad," added Leeteuk.

"Oh, that makes sense. Will my adopted parents going to be announced, too?"

"No. If we do, reporters will bombard them with questions and accusations. It wouldn't be safe for them."

Jieun nodded in understanding.

"Oh yes, speaking about your adopted parents. They should have moved into their new home by now."

Her eyes widened. "Already? But it has only been around four hours since I left."

Wang smiled at her innocent astonishment. "Here, I like things to be done both fast and with the best quality."

Yeah, it really seems like it, she thought.

Leeteuk spoke up. "Miss Jieun, before we let the entire country know about your discovery, we'll have to train you."

"Train me? I'm not an animal," she joked.

Leeteuk smiled. "I agree, you are most definitely not an animal. However, we may need to teach you like one."

Jieun was confused.

"In order for you to be presentable to the public, we will need to educate you in some business-related skills."

Jieun pouted. "Like about the economy? And stocks? And trade stuff? I'm pretty bad at that stuff." She groaned.

"Don't worry," said Wang. "You'll just learn some formal dancing, formal dinner manners, how to greet important people, and many other things like that."

But I've never learned any of that! Jieun thought.

"Oh. Is this the role of a princess?"

"Yes, Miss Jieun," answered Leeteuk.

"Ah, I see. So it's not as easy as the way Hollywood makes it seems."

"Unfortunately not. However, your tutors and helpers will make sure that you're more than ready before the big announcement."

"You should tell them to be prepared, because I might not be able to learn quickly."

"Oh, I'm sure you'll learn well. After all, your teachers learned those concepts very well."

"Really? That's good. When will I meet them?"

"Actually, you already have."

"What? I have?"

"Yes, your main teachers are-"

The office doors opened people walked in.

A very familiar, arrogant voice called, "Us. SHINee will be tutoring you."

And as Key finished his words, he gave a tiny smirk.