There are always Queenkas, Even in College

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

When classes were over, Jieun rushed to her antique black bicycle. She just hated that bike. It had probably been with her family since her appa's college days.


The paint was peeling, revealing the dull metal underneath. The seat and handles were loose. The wheels were almost flat and worn down.

I really need a new bike. I've worked long enough to afford at least five more of them, but, I still need to save up for appa and omma. I can't let them worry about me, she thought.

Jieun could hear snickering from the queenkas of Seoul University, Girl's Day, as she unlocked her bike from the rack.

They were only juniors, but Girl's Day had risen to popularity after it was rumored that they had set fire to the principal's office. Obviously this wasn't true. It had never even happened. And if it did, those girls would have gotten expelled.

"Such a poor person at our school? How shameful!" Sojin, the leader, loudly exclaimed.

"Yeah, she's really degrading the quality of Seoul University!" her equally rude friend, Jihae answered.

"Disgusting. That bike looks to be at least a hundred years old!" Yura laughed and tossed her hair back like in those shampoo commercials.

"Agreed. Ewww. Yuck. How could she, the scholarship girl, think of bringing something so hideous to our school?!" the final member, Hyeri said evilly.

Jieun ignored them and rode off to her work place. This was only the second month of university, but she had already grown accustomed to other students, especially Girl's Day, gossiping about the poor scholarship girl.

She didn't see, but Suzy and Thunder were watching from behind a nearby bush. Their eyes flared with anger. This was their first time seeing Jieun get bullied like this.

"Why hasn't Jieun been telling us about this?" Thunder whispered.

Suzy clenched her fists. "Those evil devils. Just watch, someday you'll regret ever messing with Jieun!"

She dragged Thunder out from behind the bush and called her driver.

"Please pick me up now. Thunder oppa is coming, too. Use the bigger car. Thanks."

"Where are we going?" Thunder wondered out loud.

"We're finding and buying things for Jieun," she quickly replied.

"But didn't she not want us to help her?"

Suzy laughed and playfully punched his arm. "I'm not dumb enough to say that we bought her things. You better keep your mouth shut, oppa!"

A black Cayenne Porsche arrived in a few minutes. "Get in, oppa!" Suzy opened the back door and pushed him in. She followed in after him.

"Mr. Jung, please take us to appa's mall. Thunder and I have already finished our schoolwork."

"Yes, agashi," he replied. He started driving to T.O.P. Mall.

-----

In around 15 minutes, they had arrived. Mr. Jung parked the car into the VIP garage, and they all exited it.

"Mr. Jung, we are going to be buying things for Jieun, so you can do whatever until I call you. We might need your help carrying things because Thunder oppa isn't very strong."

"Hey!"

Mr. Jung smiled. He had known Suzy since she was a baby, and he cared for her as if she was his daughter.

"Of course, Agashi."

"Oppa and I'll come here sometimes to put bags into the car, so just keep the garage locked, not the car. We'll get in through our special VIP T.O.P. Mall cards."

"Yes, Agashi."

"There's room in the trunk for a bike, right?" Suzy asked.

"I believe so, Agashi."

"Okay. Then, oppa and I are off! See you later, Mr. Jung. Thanks!"

He nodded and bowed.