The Unique SHINee Princes

From "Pauperess" to Princess ♛

Wang smiled. "Then it's settled!" he exclaimed joyously. "Leeteuk, please take my Jieun to meet the princes."


"Ah, no thanks," she protested, thinking of Key.

"Yes, Wang." Leeteuk bowed. "Let's go, Miss Jieun."

When they were out of the office, Leeteuk said, "Normally, Master Kibum isn't rude or cold at all. On his behalf, I appologize for his immature behavior. But I'm sure that you'll like the other princes, Miss Jieun."

"Fine," she sighed. "Let's just get this over with."

-----

Leeteuk led Jieun through many bright halls and past many doors.

He brought her down to the first floor and led her into a small room.

"Miss Jieun, please press your palm on this," he requested gesturing to a hand-pad.

"Why?"

"This is a secret area and not many are allowed in it. Requiring the handprint will stop intruders," Leeteuk replied.

Jieun nodded and did so.

"Welcome, Miss Minhee," a pleasant robotic voice went.

Jieun frowned.

"Give me a moment," said Leeteuk. "I'll change the name to Jieun."

After a minute, he finished updating the code. An elevator-looking door slid open, revealing a few poles.

"Miss, choose a pole and slide down it. Here, follow my example."

Leeteuk jumped onto one, and slid all the way down to the floor below.

"Your turn!" he called. 

Jieun wasn't one of those girls who got scared of sorta 'daring' things such as this. She quickly copied Leeteuk.

"Weeeeee!" she exclaimed.

When Jieun arrived at the bottom, she asked, "Leeteuk-ssi, where are we?"

"This, Miss Jieun. This is the secret game room," he announced dramatically.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here." The familiar voice full of sarcasm caused Jieun's blood to boil.

Jieun wanted to say something back that was equally as rude, but she managed to restrain herself. 

Calm down, Jieun, she told herself. He's just an annoying fly! Nothing you should be bothered by.

"Key, that's not the way you're supposed to greet young ladies," another guy said.

Jieun saw the owner of the new voice saunter closer to her.

"Annyeong haseyo," she softly greeted.

"Annyeong! I'm Kim Jonghyun!" he announced with a smile. "But only such a pretty girl like yourself may call me oppa. There's no need to be formal around me, my beautiful princess." Jonghyun winked and kissed her hand.

"Hyung!" whined another voice. "Why are you always like this?"

"Taemin, you're such an innocent child," admonished Jonghyun. "Be more outgoing, social, and friendly like your hyung!"

"Psh. Does being social mean kissing the hand of almost every pretty girl, hyung?" went another guy whose muscles showed through his shirt.

"Minho, at least I like can be normal around them. Unlike you, because of that girl," Jonghyun scoffed in a teasing manner.

"Don't. Mention. Her!"

"Guys, calm down!" went a fatherly voice. "Just chill!"

The room fell into a silence, causing Jieun to look at the guy in awe.

Wow, the guy can control this group of craziness! How impressive, she thought.

"Let's introduce ourselves, shall we?" he asked.

They nodded in obedience.

"1...2...3..."

"Annyeong, Princess!" they chorused and bowed simultaneously. "We are the shining SHINee Princes!"

"Key! Why didn't you announce ourselves with us?" asked the annoyed fatherly one.

"Whatever, hyung."

"Uh, nice to meet you all!" Jieun awkwardly replied and bowed as well. "I'm Lee Jieun."

"Where's Shin Minhee?"

"Master Taemin, even though Miss was born with the name 'Shin Minhee', Wang has agreed to her request of being called 'Shin Jieun' instead," explained Leeteuk.

Taemin nodded his head in understanding.

"Well then, hi! I'm Lee Jinki, but I go by Onew here," the fatherly one told her. "Sorry about Key and the rest of SHINee, they can be a bit crazy."

"Just a bit?" she teased.

Onew laughed. "I like your personality, princess. I'm sure we'll get along quite well. Being 20, I'm also the oldest here and your oppa." He smiled.

"We're all her 'oppas', hyung," corrected Key.

Then he muttered to Jieun, "But, I will not allow you to be informal with me. Call me 'Key-ssi'. Understand?"

Onew rolled his eyes. "Key isn't normally this smart-alecy or annoying. So sorry about him."

"Really? That's surprising. A lot of people have told me the same thing. You think he's PMSing?" she commented.

He doesn't seem like some nice person. But, could I be wrong? she wondered.

Onew, Jonghyun, and Taemin burst into chortles.

"Nice," said Onew. "He may be, he may just be doing that."

"I'm Choi Minho," the muscular guy suddenly said to her.

"Minho hyung isn't extremely fond of girls," explained Taemin. "Once-"

"Taemin..."

"Y-yes, hyung?"

"Shut up!"

"Sorry, sorry!"

"Guys, chill," Onew told them.

Then to Jieun, "Minho doesn't like to talk to girls much, so it might be a little awkward for you to be around him sometimes. He's the most athletic one of us and pretty smart for his age. Isn't that right, Minho?"

Minho just shrugged.

"My turn! My turn!" exclaimed Tarmin.

"Taemin here, is the youngest of us. He is innocent and can get pretty childish," said Onew. "Taemin is also my younger cousin. Surprisingly, he's older than you."

Taemin nodded in agreement. "Hi, Jieun!" he said with a huge smile. "Can you believe that I'm your oppa?! I'm older! Yippee!"

Onew shook his head. "See what I mean by immature?"

"Immature, hyung? Psh, no!"

Onew just rolled his eyes. "Well, Jonghyun already introduced himself. He and Key are cousins. Most girls fall head over heels over his voice. Just to let you know, he's a player!" Onew whispered the last part.

"I'm not deaf you know!"

"Well you sure act like it sometimes," retorted Key.

"Oh yeah, about Key," remembered Onew. "Hmm, let's see..."

Key spoke up, "I'm extremely talented. I speak fluent Korean, English, and some Chinese. I'm good at dancing and rapping. But just because I'm so amazing and perfect, don't fall in love with me!" He wagged his finger.

"Perfect?! Psh," retorted Jieun, making Onew and surprisingly Minho laugh.

"Key and Jonghyun are the most arrogant ones," said Minho in a monotonous voice, once he had regained his blank expression.

"Key hyung also has a good sense of style!" added Taemin.

"Sure, I guess... Well there you are," concluded Onew.

"The SHINee Princes welcome you to the Shin estate!"

"Hope you will love staying here!" said Taemin.

"Hope you won't stay here."

"Behave, Key!"